• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by maxxi View Post
    Happy 1 year, glad you're doing better. I'll be celebrating 3 years soon. The eating lifestyle change was the most difficult but it's worth it...and you can get a cheat burger or steak in there once in a while. I'm down to the daily aspirin, metropolol and atorvistatin but I would love to be off of them completely. I'm really glad you're better though...keep up the good work!
    That's awesome. I'm sure that diet is key, maybe my heart arteries has just enough inflammation and a small shock to cause the STEMI. Glucose even at normal levels can make blood vessels sticky. I'll still be on Plavix (from Brilinta) for a year, and metformin to keep the glucose down.
    ​​

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Hey, 2 yr anniversary, and still here, every day is a blessing. I probably won't ever be able to get off of the meds (max atorvistatin, low dose Aspirin, clopidogrel and blood pressure meds), and working out every day... just maybe too many carbs.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
        Hey, 2 yr anniversary, and still here, every day is a blessing. I probably won't ever be able to get off of the meds (max atorvistatin, low dose Aspirin, clopidogrel and blood pressure meds), and working out every day... just maybe too many carbs.
        Nice braddah.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Small price to pay.

glad you’re ok.

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

I found this thread a little late but I want to add my good wishes to you.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
              I found this thread a little late but I want to add my good wishes to you.
              Thank you. I do consider myself fortunate, the more I learned about it. I was one of those that managed to not lose much heart muscle, and didn't need rehab, but I carry a card due to my stent I'm also thinking about you on your condition as well.

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

Thank you. I do consider myself fortunate, the more I learned about it. I was one of those that managed to not lose much heart muscle, and didn't need rehab, but I carry a card due to my stent I'm also thinking about you on your condition as well.
                Growing old isn't all fun and games is it, but you're reasonably healthy again! Modern medicine is fantastic.

I have two stents, a replacement knee, and a replacement hip. Now I have emphysema and lung cancer but I still have a decent chance of living a couple more years. I never expected to live this long so my word to you is "hang in there" and you may have many years yet.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

Now that some time has passed, how are you feeling?

THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                    Now that some time has passed, how are you feeling?
                    As far as cardio goes, I think its back to normal, but I rarely push it to max, even tough I'm allowed to, unless I get chest pains!. I used to do daily spin classes, but due to covid, all of those were cut back by 24-hr fitness. I still do daily cardio, just not as vigorous. (I did a spin class that day of the MI, nothing special, but maybe a little dehydrated. The year to that date though sucked personally though, and thinking about it, I may have had a warning transient heart signal that year too. Never ignore those, lesson learned).

However, because I hadn't been to the doctor until then, you get all those tests you missed, so I do have to be mindful of pre-diabetes, prostate issues, and having a polyp removed during a colonoscopy. But mentally, just fine. I think the habit of exercise may have saved me... its good mentally now more than ever.

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

I'm happy to hear such a good report. Keep up the good cardio work and stay hydrated!
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Well, 3 yr anniversary, heart is fine, blood pressure under control, still doing daily cardio and resistance. I think the core problem is inflammation, caused by a higher level of glucose, and I'm working on that. Will be on aspirin and Plavix until 2026, to prevent a stent blockage, as well as Atorvastatin to stabilize any plaque build up.

But just got some news... I had a prostate biopsy due to rising levels on my PSA after treatment for BPH... Early stage cancer. I'll be blogging on that, it should be curable.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Well, 3 yr anniversary, heart is fine, blood pressure under control, still doing daily cardio and resistance. I think the core problem is inflammation, caused by a higher level of glucose, and I'm working on that. Will be on aspirin and Plavix until 2026, to prevent a stent blockage, as well as Atorvastatin to stabilize any plaque build up.

But just got some news... I had a prostate biopsy due to rising levels on my PSA after treatment for BPH... Early stage cancer. I'll be blogging on that, it should be curable.
                          You got it early !!!
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X