Comment

• RobH
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Tokyo, Japan
      • University English Lecturer
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
      Still here in the hospital, they want to do an echocardiogram to see what the damage is. The artery was 100% occluded, but they got the clot. I dont have any current pain but my heart is occasionally throwing arrhythmias. My pain threshold may be high though...im glad i got in as soon as i did, or i was a goner.
      Arrhythmia is common with heart attack survivors. My ultrasound a couple days after showed that the lower part of my heart was affected and beating slower than the upper. Most of it cleared up a few days later, but not 100%. Occasionally, my heart will get out of rhythm, and I feel like crap for about half a day. I have to be careful and not overdo the alcohol.

This board is awesome with the mojo. Everyone came through for me, and I particularly appreciated the encouragement from Fleet. He was there with me all the way. Much love and respect to that man.

Take care of yourself and take the meds, watch the diet, and you'll be rockin' into your 80s.

Comment

• Heatmiser
        HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

So glad you are ok! Same thing just happened to my brother-in-law last month and he had no health issues prior. It is very scary, that's for sure. But the good news is that with today's medicines and procedures and some changes to your life style you will be good as new. Hang in there, brother.

For the rest of you guys, I do recommend those scans that you can get done. I had mine done in a big trailer in the parking lot of a CVS. Cost me maybe $150 but it is worth it for the piece of mind and also they caught a few things that I was able to follow with my doc on. We need as many Charger fans as we can get so please think it over. Even you young guys.

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post

Yeah, sounds more severe than my episode with an 80% blockage. Once they dissolved the clotting and inserted the stent, I had no further issues. The damage to my heart was minimal to nonexistent. I don't remember it being particularly painful, not in comparison to when I passed gallstones some years earlier. When I saw my cardiologist a few weeks later, he cleared me to climb Mount Everest if I so desired. Godspeed to you.
          Your cardiologist MUST have a sense of humor.

Get in line at the summit with the Sherpas and the 150 amateur mountain climbers, as per the famous photo.

Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
          Ben Herbert

Comment

• bartman83642
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Wow, that is some scary stuff. Sending mojo your way for a quick and full recovery!

Comment

• Sgt. Pepper
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Send PM

I want to put my plug in here for a plant - based diet for health. I'm one of those people whose body over manufactures cholesterol. In order to stay healthy I have to make sure I keep my cholesterol levels low. There are pharmaceuticals for that. But they are very powerful pharmaceuticals with tons of side effects and many unknown long-term effects.

After my heart event, in which I had a stent inserted into my left coronary artery after it suffered and 80% blockage, I decided I did not want to spend the rest of my life dependent on pharmaceuticals to keep my heart healthy. So from the moment I woke up after my procedure I started on a plant-based diet. It means no meat, no dairy, no eggs. Three years later, at age 62, my cholesterol levels are very low. My cardiologist uses me as an example with other patients who don't want to use pharmaceuticals or can't handle the side effects of them.

Going plant-based is not easy, especially if you are the only one can your circle who doesn't eat meat or dairy. It can feel isolating at times. Especially if your spouse and or significant other does not do it with you. However it is worth it. And, plant-based diets are becoming more popular, which means there are more food options out there, including an increasing number of restaurants either going plant-based or adding plant-based menu items. I'm sure many of you have read or heard about the incredible success of Beyond Meat and Impossible Foods with their plant-based meat products at rival the real thing. It is the future, I believe. And we are going to live longer, healthier, more fulfilling lives.

Comment

• Rugger05
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

MOJO to you Bolt-O!!!!

Glad you are OK!!!!!

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Lots of Bolt fans behind you man.

Comment

• SBbound
                    Casual fanatic
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Merced/San Diego
                    • Send PM

Our prayers are with you.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

I put in a 4 mile hike today. Just gonna start doing it every day. My visceral/subcutaneous ratio is off. Related to SIBO im certain. Started drinking 32 ounces of celery juice every morning for a week now. I feel amazing. Its definitely doing something to my gut. Heal my gut. Which will benefit my liver. Then my thyroid. Be able to burn deep fat better. I used to have very little fat. But that visceral fat is hard to keep off as i get older. Its often something that can happen with SIBO and Insomnia.

Comment

• captaind
                        Cook This Pork Chops
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Mars
                        • Ball Holder
                        • Send PM

Mojo, Bolt-O. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                          I put in a 4 mile hike today. Just gonna start doing it every day. My visceral/subcutaneous ratio is off. Related to SIBO im certain. Started drinking 32 ounces of celery juice every morning for a week now. I feel amazing. Its definitely doing something to my gut. Heal my gut. Which will benefit my liver. Then my thyroid. Be able to burn deep fat better. I used to have very little fat. But that visceral fat is hard to keep off as i get older. Its often something that can happen with SIBO and Insomnia.
                          Organic celery juice ?
                          Depleted trace elements may be an issue.
                          Hence your increased energy.
                          Braggs Sea Kelp Delight.

:threadhijack:

veryourhead:
                          Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
                          Ben Herbert

Comment

Working...
                          X