• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sgt. Pepper
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

There was some damage, undeniable from my EKG and echocardiogram, but my heart function is retained. The biggest change will be to have to take meds and watching the diet. I should be ok, as long my heart doesn't over-react to the damage and starts to over-work, leading to cardiomyopathy... its a narrow path to not over-exercise, and taking it too easy.
    Your attack was mich more severe than mine, though at first glance it appeared our episodes were similar. I had an 80% blockage in my left coronary artery. I live in the center of Sacramento, and I was able to get an ambulance immediately, and the hospital was only a few minutes away in the middle of the night. It just so happens that the hospital has one of the best heart units, as a matter of fact I was treated at the Alex G Spanos Heart & Vascular Center at Mercy Hospital in Sacramento. I had one stent inserted and was in the hospital for about two and a half days. My cardiologist said there was little to no damage to my heart and I could be as active as I want. He cleared me to not take medication as long as I kept my cholesterol down, which I have, through diet. I am thankful everyday. I wish you the best and having a full and complete life moving forward.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Cujo!

I'm late on this but here is to a speedy recovery.

If you need to, go hang out in Fleet's zen garden.
      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Thanks all for the mojo and good thoughts... A little update, I've been ok'ed to do workouts normally, as well as other day-to-day activities. I actually feel pretty good, no pain, and currently no side effects from the medications, and my endurance is fine. Still, I have to watch my diet, which is tough, as I like red meat, and burgers, lol. I have to be on Brilinta for at least a year, and aspirin and Lipitor for ever, as well as BP meds, even though I really had no problem with that, but the docs want to limit the possibility of myopathy . I will be at risk of reoccurence, and I accept that.

I feel very fortunate that I got to the hospital in good time. Everything I've read about a STEMI in the LAD artery is scary as hell, only one spot where it could have been worse for overall blood supply to the heart. It really didn't feel that bad, it could have just been a nerve pinch, or indigestion.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Take care of yourself, Bolt-O!!!!

Glad you're doing better. Scary.
          For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Today marks my 3 month survival point. My cardio workouts are fine, just making sure I don't go anaerobic, but I have to start lifting as well...just been avoiding it. I still have 9 months of DAPT to prevent re-stenosis around the stent. Next week I get my echo scan to see if my Ejection Fraction has improved, or scaring has increased, but I feel fine... just bored with not being able to eat what I want. I am am grateful for every day, even though the Chargers lost.

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Yay!!! One year anniversary from the scare. Coming up on my annual check, mostly to verify meds. Doctors will probably move me from the expensive Brillinta (ticagrelor) to Plavix when I run out.. the same thing that Bernie Sanders is taking, and continuing on low dose Aspirin, as well as bp meds and lipitor. I never had a bleeding episode, which is good, and the key side effect of anti-platelet meds. Also, no big side effects with the statin, even at a high dose, and my blood pressure is pretty much normal. I'm also pre-diabetic, so taking Metformin.

The gyms shutting down kept me from keeping up with the cardio training, but getting back to it for the last three weeks or so with them opening. Of course, can't do what I did when I was much younger, but I don't have to, lol.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                Cujo!

I'm late on this but here is to a speedy recovery.

If you need to, go hang out in Fleet's zen garden.
                Fleet's got a zen garden? What's in it exactly?

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Send PM

Yay!!! One year anniversary from the scare. Coming up on my annual check, mostly to verify meds. Doctors will probably move me from the expensive Brillinta (ticagrelor) to Plavix when I run out.. the same thing that Bernie Sanders is taking, and continuing on low dose Aspirin, as well as bp meds and lipitor. I never had a bleeding episode, which is good, and the key side effect of anti-platelet meds. Also, no big side effects with the statin, even at a high dose, and my blood pressure is pretty much normal. I'm also pre-diabetic, so taking Metformin.

The gyms shutting down kept me from keeping up with the cardio training, but getting back to it for the last three weeks or so with them opening. Of course, can't do what I did when I was much younger, but I don't have to, lol.
                  What a relief, huh. Sounds like you're taking the right pill regimen for you. I'm currently taking Propanolol. It's for anxiety and high blood pressure. It's a bad ass med, man! My blood pressure went from 150:100 to 105:78 and it's stayed there even without any exercise. Lipitor gave me terrible muscle constriction. My forearm looked like Popeye's. At least until I stopped taking the med. And it really hurt. The constriction went all the way down into my lower back from my forearm. It hurts thinking about it. Ugh.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Great to hear you are doing good.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Shit just saw this. Good to hear Bolt O. Glad you are doing great.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Thanks guys. The one thing I miss is being able to do group spin classes, as that helps as much as the meds do, more for endurance. I really need to cut back on the carbs as well, as I just got some labs back.

Comment

• maxxi
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2016
                          • Send PM

Happy 1 year, glad you're doing better. I'll be celebrating 3 years soon. The eating lifestyle change was the most difficult but it's worth it...and you can get a cheat burger or steak in there once in a while. I'm down to the daily aspirin, metropolol and atorvistatin but I would love to be off of them completely. I'm really glad you're better though...keep up the good work!

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍