• Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

You got it early !!!
    It sounds like it. My dad and uncle died due to that, but it went metastatic on my dad, so getting my PSA checked periodically was a normal thing. The PSA does keep going up over time, but after I had an MRI done, and found no suspicious masses, but an enlarged prostate, the urologist prescribed finasteride to counter DHT which could have been the cause of the enlargement. PSA kept rising, so I had to do the biopsy. Its messy, not a fun thing to do, uncomfortable, its dangerous as it involves taking cores from the prostate, trans rectally, and not always accurate as they can miss it. However, its the only sure way to know for sure. I'm waiting for the pathology report, to see what the Gleason Score is to see what may be in store for me.

I'm not yet ready to pull from the mojo bank yet.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Best of luck, Best wishes and some MoJo for getting that under control.

I had some tests done from blood work because of a life insurance policy we got about 4 months ago....maybe 6 months ago, and they tested for many things. I do have borderline elevated blood pressure but i had not been eating all that great at that time and also my PSA was real low.

When i was 15, turns out i had an inflamed prostate. Always felt like i had to pee even if not much came out. Thats what i remember anyways and it was during football season. No idea how i got that but i was told by the Dr then to take zinc to get rid of the inflamation and keep it healthy.

I still take zinc tablets everyday and havent had a problem since. Not sure if that will help at this stage if you have never taken them but cant hurt. Its also one of the things they say to take to ward off Covid.....and ive never had Covid though i been around some that have.
      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
      100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
      140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
      181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
      225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Zinc is a great idea. I do have it in case I catch a cold, I just hate adding onto the medicine cocktail I take daily.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Mojo coming your way. I'm almost five years free and clear from stage 4 bladder cancer and I can tell you the mojo here is strong. No it's my turn to send some back! Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or want some tips on food appetite dealing with the treatments and the process.
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
            Mojo coming your way. I'm almost five years free and clear from stage 4 bladder cancer and I can tell you the mojo here is strong. No it's my turn to send some back! Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or want some tips on food appetite dealing with the treatments and the process.
            I appreciate it, Jon.

Comment

• Fleet 1
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Kauai
              • Send PM

Good luck brother. Sending lots of MOJO. You know where to find me. I got your back my man. My buddy had it and beat.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
                Good luck brother. Sending lots of MOJO. You know where to find me. I got your back my man. My buddy had it and beat.
                Thanks Chris. Still learning lots more on my options, and I have a better picture on what to expect as I have the pathology report. On one of the 12 samples its showing Gleason 3+4 (or Grade 2), which is right where they might recommend Active Surveillance vs. immediate action. Definitely treatable, its just when and how to go after it.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kauai
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Thanks Chris. Still learning lots more on my options, and I have a better picture on what to expect as I have the pathology report. On one of the 12 samples its showing Gleason 3+4 (or Grade 2), which is right where they might recommend Active Surveillance vs. immediate action. Definitely treatable, its just when and how to go after it.
                  Well keep me posted. You know im there for ya privately if you need me. Prayers always my man. You got this. You can take this to the main forum for MOJO anytime you know that. It works

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Some news...in the hospital after a fall on my face after blacking out. All I know was I woke up on the garage floor and only guessing that I stood up too quick. Docs were concerned about a brain bleed due to my blood thinners for my heart, but not a concern now after two CT scans. No broken bones, just swelling and bruising and a black eye. Should be home this afternoon...a little uglier.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Be careful O. Many people have falling, especially down stairs, as cause of death. We definitely need you around for this SB run.
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Craig440
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2019
                        • Send PM

Glad to hear you are going to be okay. I can relate to the blood thinner scare. I'm on them also for my heart and they suck but keep us alive.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

A few more tests. Going to have my 3rd CT for the head bleed, but the team put me on a anti seizure drug Keppra as a precaution. I'll have to hang out to get a ultrasound on my heart due to a cardiac marker triponin showing heart damage ... But I show no symptoms of a new heart attack.

Comment

Working...
                          X