X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Coronavirus And The NFL

So obviously this is a big deal right now. And its affecting the world of sports. And its probably something on the minds of many members here. So we will just use this thread as our anything and everything Corona. Probably will get political so be warned.

​​​​​​ The NFL has canceled its March 29-April 1 spring meeting due to the COVID-19 outbreak.

Even with no games to be played, the NFL is not immune to the havoc the coronavirus is wreaking across the entire sports world, or all of society for that matter. Supposedly, the meeting will now take place in May, but that ultimately may not be up to the league. The meeting typically features discussion of "rules changes and other football matters." For now, the league is insisting the start of the new league year will proceed as scheduled next week. Considering the pace at which things are currently moving, we would not consider that a guarantee. Wash your hands.

Corona Virus Dashboard

​​​​​​https://ncov2019.live/data?fbclid=Iw...lHXelAfQzUNCdw

I think things got ramped today.... Europe travel ban, Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson test positive in Australia, and NBA suspends games due to Utah player testing positive. Financial markets are probably going to be rough for the next few months, not just days. Oh, toilet paper and bottled water shortages, as well as bleach.

Just do some simple things.... wash your hands, stay away from sick people, and stay home if you are sick and we as a nation will get out of this crisis.

Comment

yesterday night our prime minister announced a sort of curfew.

many shops will be closed until the 25th of march, too difficult translate all the sheets but you can find the document on the web

germany and france are waiting to follow our footsteps, the number of sicks are increasing in all europe. in italy more than 10k are infected and there are more than 800 died people (mostly the elderly with other pathologies), but almost 1k are the healed, so there is hope.

we launched this hashtag #restateacasa #stayathome avoid gathering, stay at 1meter (3-4 feet) away from another person. all the sports events are stopped.

someone here underestimated the problem, be careful, is not a simple flu. any info about the situation ask me.

many people think that the problem starts in italy but it's not, but at the moment italy is the country with more cases than any other, we are facing the problem.

Comment

MLB just postponed. NHL postponed.

The new Charger stadium may not open this year.

My great-grandmother died in the 1918 Spanish Influenza outbreak. It dissipated in strength during the summer months and then came back in November and December with a deadly lethality.

This is happening. I think we can be adults and discuss this without descending into political platitudes.

This is about an NFL work stoppage that is going to happen and the NFL public draft should be shut down, and conducted over the phones and video conferencing.

Stay healthy, my brothers.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost View Post

MLB just postponed. NHL postponed.

The new Charger stadium may not open this year.

My great-grandmother died in the 1918 Spanish Influenza outbreak. It dissipated in strength during the summer months and then came back in November and December with a deadly lethality.

This is happening. I think we can be adults and discuss this without descending into political platitudes.

This is about an NFL work stoppage that is going to happen and the NFL public draft should be shut down, and conducted over the phones and video conferencing.

Stay healthy, my brothers.
          That wont happen...it will open! As will the Raiders stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

That wont happen...it will open! As will the Raiders stadium.
            Dude, Broadway just closed. NCAA teams are withdrawing from the Final Four.

The Governor of NY forbade meetings with groups of larger than 500 people. Massachusetts is the 20th state to declare an emergency.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Dude, Broadway just closed. NCAA teams are withdrawing from the Final Four.

The Governor of NY forbade meetings with groups of larger than 500 people. Massachusetts is the 20th state to declare an emergency.
              NY has a problem. All i know is they are still working on the stadiums so they will be done in time anyways. Whether the NFL stops anything from opening is another matter. The draft is till going to happen on schedule as of right now.
              This will blow over. People are panicing. Thus the run on friggin toilet paper lol. Dont buy food, just buy toilet paper....wtf

Comment

Comment

You would think they could do a video conference for the spring meeting.

Comment

This is bigger than Robert Iger now.

France just closed ALL schools.

Comment

Wise thread, Fleeter. Wash your hands for 20 seconds.

The Covid-19 virus can remain active on a surface for more than 3 days, it is very potent. Self-distancing is the best practice.

Comment

The fact this has never happened in the sports world is something that we will never forget. Never in the history of sports that I can think of was everything canceled or talk of playing with no fans in the stands. Personally myself im not to concerned about it but that doesn't mean I'm not being vigilante and washing my hands. For those of you that do have a cold even if isn't the Corona Virus wash your hands, cover your mouth when you cough and if you have to absolutely go out in public be considerate of those around you. Now I will say I do think people are way overreacting to this. I get wanting to be cautious but when everyone is depleting the stores of essential needs like toilet paper, hand sanitizer and lysol wipes I blame the media for this panic. And how is this going to effect the sports world economically?

Comment

Working...
                        X