• Bolt fanatic
    • Send PM

This season of Game of thrones is a big let down so far
    migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
      I've been on page three of the first book for five years.

Comment

• mikec
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Well, in Beniof and Weiss's defense, books 4/5 of GOT were slogging messes, and they've (thankfully) woven elements of both books together, since the books were organized poorly: one set in Westeros, the other set outside Westeros. And, they have cut out a lot of silly crap in the books (though they did keep Fox Force Three, er, I mean the Sand Snakes) and bent some significant story lines, e.g. Sansa isn't married to Ramsay by the end of book 5. I could do without all the focus on Ramsay's torture of Theon (and now Sansa), though. That happens (at least the torture of Theon) off-screen in the books.

What I'm saying is: It could be a lot worse.

Comment

• KarlC
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

TURN 07 & 08.

SPOILERS!!!

First, Hewlett, you badass. That was like something out of Vikings. Too bad I have no faith Simcoe's gonna die.

Second, THIS is how you do fictionalized history.

The inaccuracies are too many to mention, but they are making something entertaining, not just a revisionist history piece of crap portrayed as documentary fact like Sons of Liberty (and maybe Texas Rising- gonna check that out later today).

AMC doesn't call themselves the "History" Channel , then turn around and pervert history. I get it if you're a tv network called anything but "History", but HC needs to get a grip. At least put in the disclaimer "based on" before these things.

SD guy in OZ

Comment

• KarlC
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

OH, HELL!

I forgot to mention, if anyone is interested, episode 01 of Mr. Robot is up online and On Demand if you have that. USA decided to tease us, I guess. I'll be back with my review after I watch it later, but I've heard pretty much 99% positive from random-John/Jane-Q comments.

*crosses fingers*

SD guy in OZ

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by KarlC View Post
              OH, HELL!

I forgot to mention, if anyone is interested, episode 01 of Mr. Robot is up online and On Demand if you have that. USA decided to tease us, I guess. I'll be back with my review after I watch it later, but I've heard pretty much 99% positive from random-John/Jane-Q comments.

*crosses fingers*

I saw it...SPOILERS ALERT....

If that main character has Social Anxiety Disorder then I have four balls. I'm not buying that particular element of the show.
              Last edited by Millionaire Wussy; 05-30-2015, 11:46 AM.
              For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• KarlC
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Wow, Alex, you sound like me bitching about putatively "historical" shows like Sons of Liberty.

Dunno if you have a doctorate in psych like my boss, but I know it pisses me off when something isn't particularly accurate when it's portrayed as documentary fact. We all have sticks up our asses we need to pull out when we watch tv. Mr. Robot however, is balls-to-the-wall fiction. If they don't get psychopathology or the whole hardware/software universe absolutely correct, I'll cut them some slack if it's entertaining (which I think it was).

Anyhoo, re: the episode...

Who doesn't love the Robin Hood ethos, especially in this day and age? The tilted "E" - anyone else remember Enron? Especially you guys out there in Cali?

And the bit about corrupted heroes: Steve Jobs, Bill Cosby and TOM BRADY?! I bet they loved that bit in Bahstahn. :lmao:

I liked this pilot. I hope it gets a good run and doesn't end up cancelled early.

SD guy in OZ

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

I do recognize that if his character truly did show viable signs of Social Anxiety Disorder there probably wouldn't be much of a show. That's the nature of Social Anxiety Disorder - we tend to shy away from people. So it's more of a gimmick in TV. By that I mean TV presents characters in a way that asks for the audience to buy into something - to form the character - more than worrying about the actual probability of it in real life terms. Therefore, with that knowledge, I can still enjoy the show. Just need to get over that initial TV-unreality glitch when I see something that doesn't feel right that is also more closer to home.
                  Last edited by Millionaire Wussy; 05-31-2015, 09:14 AM.

Comment

• KarlC
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
                    I do recognize that if his character truly did show viable signs of Social Anxiety Disorder there probably wouldn't be much of a show. That's the nature of Social Anxiety Disorder - we tend to shy away from people. So it's more of a gimmick in TV. By that I mean TV presents characters in a way that asks for the audience to buy into something - to form the character - more than worrying about the actual probability of it in real life terms. Therefore, with that knowledge, I can still enjoy the show. Just need to get over that initial TV-unreality glitch when I see something that doesn't feel right that is also more closer to home.
                    Dude, I get it. Didn't mean to offend.

If you ever read any of my posts about screwing up historical facts (or saying Hercules when they mean Heracles- one of my biggest bitches), I totally understand. Anyone who has been in this kind of Psychological arena can point out the fallacies. Pretty much the same as anyone who has served in the armed forces can point out fallacies regarding the Army/Navy/Air Force/Marines/Coast Guard.

I've never been institutionalized as a psych patient, but I think I probably qualified for it and slipped though the cracks in some way. Don't want to go into it too much, but I very much understand things like dissociation, shyness, and all that pathology. Thank gawd I have good friends, or I'd be right there with Mr. Robot.

By the by... re: the show,

I want to see how much havoc these people can wreak. It looks like SO much fun. If I was that smart, I might just be a vigilante too.

SD guy in OZ

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

I know you didn't mean anything, Karl. I'm 100% grateful for your responses.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Man, I miss Huell Howser and his show, "California's Gold". PBS just remembered him through interviews of those that worked with him on his show and I found myself both joyful in my recollections ("Wow!"...haha) of Howser's genuine appreciation of people and places California - and very sad in remembering that he is now gone (he died in 2012). He enjoyed life so damn much and his interviews were an expression of that. That guy has a place in my heart. He was so genuine in his love for the good and simple things in life and wasn't afraid to show it. One of a kind.

Comment

• Foxbatkllr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2013
                          • Send PM

Tonight's episode made the whole season!

Holy crap was it amazing!

Comment

Working...
                          X