• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post
    Watching Dr. Pimple-Popper on TLC. I love it when she removes cysts...all creamy and shit. Sometimes she removes horn-shaped cysts from people's scalps! They are hard as rocks at the top but buttery at the bottom inside the head. Very interesting viewing.
    Ewwwwww.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• captaind
      Cook This Pork Chops
      • Jun 2013
      • Mars
      • Ball Holder
      • Send PM

Watching Locke & Key on Netflix. This is pretty good.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Send PM

Watching Dr. Pimple-Popper on TLC. I love it when she removes cysts...all creamy and shit. Sometimes she removes horn-shaped cysts from people's scalps! They are hard as rocks at the top but buttery at the bottom inside the head. Very interesting viewing.
        Just in case you thought I was exaggerating...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnJbZzCqSzk

Comment

• bartman83642
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Hope you are eating a big bowl of buttery, salty popcorn while you watch.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by bartman83642 View Post

Hope you are eating a big bowl of buttery, salty popcorn while you watch.
            It's either the cysts or this...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftgcwsBqS0U

After watching the Chargers game I need something to get me out of my head. Win or lose.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

That's fucking nasty. Not a show I watch lol.
              11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
              35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
              37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
              66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
              69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
              105 Brenden Rice WR - USC
              110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
              140 Hunter Nourzad OC - Penn st
              181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
              225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
                Watching Locke & Key on Netflix. This is pretty good.
                I just watched a movie called CODA that has a very talented young actress (Emilia Jones I think) who is also in Locke & Key. She learned how to sign and sing in nine total months in preparation for her role in CODA. Great movie by the way. Looking forward to Locke & Key. Thanks for the info!

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Send PM

The Unforgivable with Sandra Bullock is definitely worth watching. It's on Netflix. I'm surprised I had never heard of it until I came across it by accident recently by scanning through Netflix.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Irmo, SC
                    • Send PM

Excited for the upcoming Reacher series on Prime next month. I've read all the books and Alan Ritchson is much closer to the character. Tom Cruise would've made a fine Jack Reacher if Jack Reacher were a hobbit.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post
                      Excited for the upcoming Reacher series on Prime next month. I've read all the books and Alan Ritchson is much closer to the character. Tom Cruise would've made a fine Jack Reacher if Jack Reacher were a hobbit.
                      Agreed. I look forward to many years of Reacher.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

The Revenant - A thread

I'm researching a piece on 18th century First Americans and the Arikara chiefs, who grew the Arikara culture into a dual village so large, that Lewis & Clarke stopped and paid respects to the tribe at the mouth of the Grand River and Missouri Rivers in 1804. The Arikara chiefs had some strange ways. If a chief came back from an unsuccessful raid, the Arikara would vow to ''cast off his robes." Which is Arikara leader crazy-speak for he is going to kill the next stranger he meets.

Casting off of robes was likely the cause of the massacre of Ashely's Hundred on June 2,1823. The result was the indian attack depicted in the opening of the film 'The Revenant.' My thesis for the cause of the attack was the number of self-declared leaders in the Arikara tribe and the casting off of robes lead to the near extinction of an native American tribe.

There were TWO men mauled by actual grizzly bears on that 1823 furing expedition. One was Hugh Glass. Leo DiCaprio can tell you all about him. That was in South Dakota, at the Shadehill Reservoir. The other was Jedediah Smith. Smith had his scalp ripped off, his ear danggling and had to beg his close friend, James Clyman, to sew his scalp and ear back on. This is the price of discovery of South Pass. Yes, it had been discovered before but the Civil War interrupted the significance of the prior discovery.

The ferociousness of the grizzlies was even noted in the diaries of Lewis & Clark - of putting .50 balls fired from Kentucky long-rifles - into the brain pans of grizzly bears, and yet the bear kept coming. Lewis is quoted as saying that 'curiosity' among all the men concerning the grizzly bear were all well satisfied.

The true story of Hugh Glass is so much better than the movie and about 30% of what happened in the film is true. John Fitzgerald (Tom Hardy) went on to become one of the owners of the Rocky Mountain Fur Company after buying out William Henry Ashley. Nobody killed anybody and everyone prospered but those 13 - two whose names have been lost to history - who were ambushed under a flag of parley, on a sandbar at the mouth of the Grand River, before dawn on the morning of June 2, 1823.

That afternoon, Jedediah Smith lead the first memorial service ever recorded in Dakota Territory, over the two fresh graves. Among the bereaved were Fitzgerald, Ashley, Hugh Glass, James Clyman, & Jim Bridger. Hugh Glass wrote a letter to John S. Gardner’s parents:

Dated June 2, 1823

Author - Hugh Glass

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Zendaya Reminded "Euphoria" Fans That The Show Is For "Mature Audiences" And, After Last Night's Episode, She's Never Been More Right

Euphoria is highly recommended But start at season 1. On Sunday, Season 2 episode 1 was incredible.

Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X