• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Lance Armstrong still a lying douchebag

Add drunk driver and letting his wife take the fall. WTF is wrong with this guy? F'ing sack of shit.

DENVER -- Disgraced cyclist Lance Armstrong hit two parked cars with an SUV after a night of partying in Aspen, Colorado, but agreed to let his longtime girlfriend take the blame to avoid national attention, police reports show.

Police cited Armstrong with failing to report an accident and speeding weeks after the Dec. 28 accident, but only after his girlfriend, Anna Hansen, acknowledged lying for him.

Armstrong declined immediate comment on Tuesday. His attorney, Pamela Mackey, didn't immediately return a call.

[+] Enlarge
    Leigh Vogel/Getty Images
    Police say Anna Hansen admitted to lying about being behind the wheel of Lance Armstrong's SUV after he hit several parked cars in Aspen.
    Hansen initially told police she had been driving home from an Aspen Art Museum party when she lost control of Armstrong's GMC Yukon on icy roads, hitting the cars. She said she drove because "Lance had a little bit to drink," according to the reports.

A man who had been renting one of the damaged cars told a police detective that Hansen came running up to his house in high heels, apologizing and promising to pay for the repairs.

"She said, `I'm Anna, we're the Armstrongs, my husband's Lance, he was just driving maybe too fast around the corner or something," the man, Thomas Van Allen, told police, according to the reports.

Police say Hansen and Armstrong left the scene before police arrived.

Detectives later interviewed Hansen, who eventually told them Armstrong was driving, but the couple had decided to let her take the blame.

"We've had our family name smeared over every paper in the world in the last couple of years and honestly, I've got teenagers, I just wanted to protect my family," Hansen told police, the reports state. "I thought, gosh, Anna Hansen hit some cars, it's not going to show up in the papers, but Lance Armstrong hit some cars, it's going to be a national story."

Failure to report an accident is a misdemeanor punishable by up to 90 days in jail and a fine of between $150 and $300. Driving too fast for conditions is punishable by a fine between $15 and $100.

Hansen is not charged with a crime.

The Aspen Daily News first reported the citation. Armstrong is scheduled to appear in court March 17.

And in other news...

Indeed.
  • MakoShark
    Disgruntled
    • Jun 2013
    • North Alabama
    • Send PM

sigpic

Comment

• MakoShark
      Disgruntled
      • Jun 2013
      • North Alabama
      • Send PM

A thought regarding Ms Hansen's character:

"We've had our family name smeared over every paper in the world in the last couple of years and honestly, I've got teenagers, I just wanted to protect my family", Hansen told police, the reports state. "I thought, gosh, Anna Hansen hit some cars, it's not going to show up in the papers, but Lance Armstrong hit some cars, it's going to be a national story."
      She's got teenagers, that I assume are close to or of driving age, and she wanted to teach them that getting in a car with a drunk, then lying to protect him is acceptable behavior. She and Armstrong will raise a brood of fine young citizens who I'm sure will contribute to society on the most healthy way.
      sigpic

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I thought it was a Hit and Run, but its only a non-reported accident. Just another hole in the corpse of a fake hero.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

He went to HS at our cross town rival at the same time as I was in high school. I didn't know him or anything but proudly followed him as he progressed in cycling. At some point during his Tour run I decided he was probably juicing and kind of lost interest. But his absolute lack of humanity and values is just stomach turning.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
            No Sir, I Dont Like It
            • Jun 2013
            • Section 457
            • Migrant Film Worker
            • Send PM

That fucking scumbag was my hero when I was fighting melanoma. I used to give his books to other patients. I hope the bastard gets what is coming to him.
            Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
            sigpic

Comment

• KarlC
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

I'm just surprised the media hates Armstrong, but totally forgives Bellicheck.

Cognitive dissonance, anyone?

SD guy in OZ

Comment

Working...
              X