• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
    The hits keep coming.. R.I.P. Diana Rigg, 82, diagnosed with cancer in March, and passed Thursday. The only Mrs. James Bond, "Emma Peel" and the Queen of Thorns "Olenna Tyrell", in the Game of Thrones.

One of the best scenes in a TV of all time. In my opinion. It was so good. I felt that her not spiking the wine herself to take out Jamey was a mistake though. lol I thought for sure he was done.

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

A couple of notables, Mac Davis, 78, Helen Reddy, 78. R.I.P.

Here are their huge #1 hits:

"Baby, Don't Get Hooked On Me"

"It's Hard to be Humble" (not a #1)

He also wrote "A Little Less Conversation" and "In the Ghetto" for Elvis Presley, and had a television show.

"I Am Woman"

Also known for "Delta Dawn".

Comment

• bartman83642
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Just heard that Eddie Van Halen passed on today. He was a great one. RIP!

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by bartman83642 View Post
          Just heard that Eddie Van Halen passed on today. He was a great one. RIP!
          All Eddie...

Beat it

Another solo

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

R.I.P. Sir Thomas Sean Connery, 90. James Bond, Officer Jimmy Malone, Captain Marko Ramius, Dr. Henry Jones, Sr, John Patrick Mason ("The Rock"), and Zed ("Zardoz"), just a few of the roles that were memorable.

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

R.I.P. Herb Adderley, Green Bay great, and Nasir Adderley's cousin.

Comment

• Caslon
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2019
                • Send PM

I saw Zardoz at the theatre (1974). A trippy off beat Sci-fi fantasy flick done on a measly budget of $1.55 million.

Sean Connery wanted to prevent being type cast as Bond and took on the role in "The Hill" (1965)
                He fit right into the role well playing a playboy who was attracted to a beautiful clepto maniac in "Marnie" (1964).

His pre-Bond days was in the movie "Darby O'Gill and the Little People (1959).

I think he did his best work prior to the 80's and 90's.

Switching gears,,,James Bond films. I absolutely did not like "Thunderball." The underwater action scenes towards the end of that movie stretch on forever and are still painfully excruciating boring to watch.
                Last edited by Caslon; 11-01-2020, 01:05 AM.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

R.I.P Alex Trebek, 80, from his battle with pancreatic cancer. We know him as the host of Jeopardy!, but also hosted The Wizard of Odds, Double Dare, High Rollers, Battlestars, Classic Concentration, and To Tell the Truth.

--

Even though it's parody, I always LOL with the Jeopardy skit on SNL. RIP Sean and Alex:

Comment

• Caslon
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2019
                    • Send PM

Saw him once anonymously crossing a crosswalk next to the Hotel del Coronado in San Diego with his gal. He had this charming relaxed yet somehow "concerned" look on his face. RIP.

Comment

• bartman83642
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Alex Trebek is a tough one. I watched him on Jeopardy since he first started. Can't imagine the show without him.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

R.I.P. Dave Crowse, 85, the actor inside the Darth Vader costume, after a short illness. He was also famous in the U.K. as the Green Cross Code Man, who taught road safely to children though PSA's.

X0DVP60Y?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Comment

• Bolt-O
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

R.I.P. Brigadier General Chuck Yeager, USAF (Ret), 97. The ultimate pilot...First man to break the sound barrier, and definitely had the Right Stuff.

He entered service as a private, and with outstanding eyesight and aptitude, he was accepted to pilot training. He also score an "Ace in a Day" and had 11.5 confirmed victories in WWII. After WWII he became a test pilot and broke the sound barrier on X-1 in 1947. He also commanded squadrons in the Vietnam War, and retired as a one-star General after over 30 yrs of flying service. His last official USAF flight was in 2000 on a recall to active duty, but he also broke the speed barrier again as a co-pilot in an F-15, on the 65th anniversary of his first time through.

I wonder if Fleet ever met him!

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡