• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • screeme18
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2019
    • Send PM

Visiting San Diego/Training Camp

So, my kiddos for Christmas, bought me a Charger display football.. so we decided we're going to head down for training camp and get some autographs on the thing. While we're down there, head down to San Diego. It's me and 3 teenage boys. I haven't lived in SD since 1989, and I've never lived there as a teenager/adult. The times I've been back were family trips, so we didn't do anything "touristy". Even the stuff that existed that I have been to in the 80's is likely so different that it'll be new to me. So, it will definitely be a tourist type trip. I have a good bead on the obvious stuff. They want to see the Zoo, Seaworld.. we'll probably have a beach day. I have my eye on some of the Balboa Park museums (Science, Airplanes, Comiccon) & Belmont Park.. I don't like necessarily planning minute to minute, but i don't want to just spend it sitting around the hotel.

My questions are this

A> Is there anything good for teenagers that I could easily overlook? Or, is there anything I should definitely not miss...

B> Any good hotel rec's for a family of 4. I am not a rich man, and the hotels I've seen are.... spendy. The ones that aren't look like I'll get my Cat Converter stolen. :-P

C> Any random rec's you might have would be pretty awesome. (Restaurants, or whatever)

D> I've never been to Training Camp before, and I'm not entirely sure how it works. I'm having a little trouble planning, because I'm going to have to book it out without knowing training camp days. I basically have from July 31-Aug 9. Should I just earmark that Saturday? Are they generally always open? I've looked through some of the past stuff that's still on the teams website... So I kind of have an idea, just looking to see what the experience around here is.
Working...
X