• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Millionaire Wussy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Songs in your head

This is a little different than the "What are you listening to?" thread. This thread pertains only to those nagging/sometimes pleasant tunes twittering away in your head for no known reason in particular.

Here's mine right now...
    Jerry Jeff Walker ~ MR BOJANGLES ~ ( JJ Walker).I am dedicating this song to my cousin who is fighting in harms way in Afghanistan."Mr Bojangles" is a song ...
    Last edited by Millionaire Wussy; 09-08-2016, 04:00 PM.
    For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

I can't feel my face, but I love it. Been stuck in my head for a year at least.

Comment

We love to funk you, Funkenstein; yo funk is da bess.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

What do you do if you don't like the tune? Do you seek out a song somewhere and hope it replaces the one occupying your brain? How do you get rid of it?

Comment

Originally posted by Fred View Post
          What do you do if you don't like the tune? Do you seek out a song somewhere and hope it replaces the one occupying your brain? How do you get rid of it?
          I've heard you have to hear the song in complete - that, if you only hear a beginning or an end and don't really know the lyrics, that piece of the song that has no beginning or end will get stuck in your head until you hear the rest of it. And, even then, that might not be enough if you don't really pay attention to the lyrics and put them to memory. If you get stuck with only one piece of the lyrics, your brain will demand you learn the rest before you lose the piece you know. You have to know the song, or make the song your bitch, before you can get rid of it.

I don't know if that's true, or, if, like so much other bullshit my brain compiled in my 20s and 30s, it came from somebody I was tripping with at a concert, or if it was just me funneling my own thoughts through a peyote button in Mexico.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lightningwill_420 View Post
            I've heard you have to hear the song in complete - that, if you only hear a beginning or an end and don't really know the lyrics, that piece of the song that has no beginning or end will get stuck in your head until you hear the rest of it. And, even then, that might not be enough if you don't really pay attention to the lyrics and put them to memory. If you get stuck with only one piece of the lyrics, your brain will demand you learn the rest before you lose the piece you know. You have to know the song, or make the song your bitch, before you can get rid of it.

I don't know if that's true, or, if, like so much other bullshit my brain compiled in my 20s and 30s, it came from somebody I was tripping with at a concert, or if it was just me funneling my own thoughts through a peyote button in Mexico.
            I'll give it a try.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

I like this version (Sammy) more than the original (Jerry Jeff Walker) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMcfUjIguSs

Comment

Originally posted by Fred View Post
                I like this version (Sammy) more than the original (Jerry Jeff Walker) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMcfUjIguSs
                The Candy Man made everything more satisfying and delicious.

Comment

• captaind
                  Cook This Pork Chops
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Mars
                  • Ball Holder
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lightningwill_420 View Post

Wasn't that a South Park episode with Cartman having to sing "Come Sail Away" in its entirety every time he heard a piece of it?

Comment

Originally posted by captaind View Post
                    Wasn't that a South Park episode with Cartman having to sing "Come Sail Away" in its entirety every time he heard a piece of it?
                    Maybe that was it.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡