• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Same reason we all had VCRs instead of Betamax players(beta was better)
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Savage Lizard
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Big Bear
      • Self-employed property manager.
      • Send PM

Ha ha. Back when it was a toss up, I did all my research and decided Beta was the way to go. Bought a nice one, some tapes, and then BAM VHS ran away with it and my Beta was toast. When HD-DVD was first battling Blu-Ray, I went HD-DVD mostly because I got a great deal on it, and then BAM Blu-Ray kicked it's ass. So next time there is a big format war on something, check with me to see what I got and go the other way.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
        No Sir, I Dont Like It
        • Jun 2013
        • Section 457
        • Migrant Film Worker
        • Send PM

I'm waiting for the new 3DO games to come out.
        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
        sigpic

Comment

• oneinchpunch
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Sucker. Me and my Dreamcast can download games from anywhere
          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• BlazingBolt
            SLAM DUNK!
            • Jun 2013
            • East County San Diego
            • Bolt fanatic
            • Send PM

So guys. My bi-polar illness flared up again. Nearly was hospitalized but now I am in a hypomania state. I know there is prejudice and a stigma with the mental illness but hypomania is great. Anyway I been around you guys awhile so I feel comfortable sharing. My mania caused me to obsess not about god and the devil this time but an interesting video game topic. I'll post more if there is interest in hearing my experiences. I feel great right now. Amazing actually.
            migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
              So guys. My bi-polar illness flared up again. Nearly was hospitalized but now I am in a hypomania state. I know there is prejudice and a stigma with the mental illness but hypomania is great. Anyway I been around you guys awhile so I feel comfortable sharing. My mania caused me to obsess not about god and the devil this time but an interesting video game topic. I'll post more if there is interest in hearing my experiences. I feel great right now. Amazing actually.
              My daughter's best friend suffered from this and she was homeless for a long time because it made her unemployable. She got on meds that helped her immensely. Now she's back inschool and in a stable relationship. She misses the highs but her lows are very manageable. I hope the best for you my friend.
              Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
              sigpic

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                SLAM DUNK!
                • Jun 2013
                • East County San Diego
                • Bolt fanatic
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                My daughter's best friend suffered from this and she was homeless for a long time because it made her unemployable. She got on meds that helped her immensely. Now she's back inschool and in a stable relationship. She misses the highs but her lows are very manageable. I hope the best for you my friend.
                Thank you. I have never been that low. I was hopitalized during Brees last year and watched LT beat the skins in OT in what was our final win that season. Leading up to that I had no idea I was ill. My first episode I thought I was having a religious experience and that GOd was speaking to me. I went in to what looking back I think was a hypomanic state. THis led to many postivies in my life and I accomplished my goals that I set my mind to including dragging my marriage from near divorce to becomming the strongest is had ever been. Eventually monts later it went to full blown mania. I have never had major depression.

Anyway been secretly using medical cannibis for 1.5 years to help with stress and aid my sleep. It helps me sleep and that the major factor for me getting better or worse. So I was having symptoms and obsessing with my brilliant mind about Nintendo: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/w...mepad_optional

Anyway I ate a cheeba chew that made me flip out for 40 minutes and nearly got hospitalized. But now I have found moderate usage helps my medicines be more effective at making me sleep My family is also not happy with my medicinal usage and I am tired of being persecuted. I have no schizo or paranoia so I think moderat usage is fine. Evidence that backs me up http://m.bjp.rcpsych.org/content/178/2/116.full

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                  SLAM DUNK!
                  • Jun 2013
                  • East County San Diego
                  • Bolt fanatic
                  • Send PM

Anyone get Mario Kart 8?

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

When I remembered those oversized cards I had as a kid the other day, I also thought about some of the old games.

There was a sort of Dragon's Lair-type one called NFL Football and it let you be the Chargers vs. the Terds with actual game footage. Apparently there was an alt. version that was WAS vs. DAL. This link I found to it said it came out in '83. http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_de...p?game_id=8822

There's some more info about how it worked here:
                    N.F.L. Football CED's: featured discs for Winter 1997 at the CED Magic web site.

Does anyone else remember this game?

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

And probably my all-time favorite VG was this futuristic robot football game called Cyberball 2072 or Tournament Cyberball.
                      I would also be the San Diego Machine... Although sometimes they were called the Moscow Machine on the International Version.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Forgot about this thread. Bought the Wii U. Played it 5 minutes. lol Iv been playing the same game on XB1 for years now. Its the only game i trully ever got into. Borderlands. So much fun.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                          Forgot about this thread. Bought the Wii U. Played it 5 minutes. lol Iv been playing the same game on XB1 for years now. Its the only game i trully ever got into. Borderlands. So much fun.
                          I tried to revive it, but I think people on here were like
                          vidya-games.jpg

Comment

Working...
                          X