• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thelightningwill
    Go Aztecs and Pads
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Healthy Living

So, about 18 months ago or so, I changed my diet. I've been eating loads of vegetables and non-processed meats. I think the only thing I eat that's processed is cheese. I have the occasional light beer with my friends and then there are those weed edibles, but they are so strong, I barely take a part of a bite every other day or so.

At first, my weight dropped from 220 to 180, and I thought I had my answer to being fit. But, since then, for no reason I can figure out, my weight has crept back to 200. My calorie count can't get over 1,000 in a day very often. I went to get my thyroid checked, but my thyroid is normal. So I don't get it.

Anybody else fat for no reason? Is it genetics? My dad was fat, but he drank a ton. The rest of my family is thin, so that doesn't make sense either.

On the positive side, my cholesterol levels, my blood pressure, and my blood/sugar are all outstanding. I might be a 100 year old fat man if being fat, in itself, doesn't kill me.

• bonehead
    Undrafted
    • Jul 2013
    • TBD
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
    So, about 18 months ago or so, I changed my diet. I've been eating loads of vegetables and non-processed meats. I think the only thing I eat that's processed is cheese. I have the occasional light beer with my friends and then there are those weed edibles, but they are so strong, I barely take a part of a bite every other day or so.

At first, my weight dropped from 220 to 180, and I thought I had my answer to being fit. But, since then, for no reason I can figure out, my weight has crept back to 200. My calorie count can't get over 1,000 in a day very often. I went to get my thyroid checked, but my thyroid is normal. So I don't get it.

Anybody else fat for no reason? Is it genetics? My dad was fat, but he drank a ton. The rest of my family is thin, so that doesn't make sense either.

On the positive side, my cholesterol levels, my blood pressure, and my blood/sugar are all outstanding. I might be a 100 year old fat man if being fat, in itself, doesn't kill me.
    Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• thelightningwill
      Go Aztecs and Pads
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Damn. Same story.
      I'm closer to being a vegetarian than a low-carbs person. I eat meat once or twice a week. The rest is all veggies and some cheese and oil and vinegar. I fill up on greens - lots of food with hardly any calories. It makes me feel full, and I don't miss the junk food at all.

Comment

• bonehead
        Undrafted
        • Jul 2013
        • TBD
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Are weed edibles legal in AZ?
        Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• thelightningwill
          Go Aztecs and Pads
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post

Are weed edibles legal in AZ?
          Yes, for us with chronic pain and a $300-per-year medical card.

Comment

• bonehead
            bonehead commented
            Editing a comment
            Good to hear....
        • Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Get your liver tested. And check your A1C. You may be pre diabetic. And that fat may be Visceral.

Comment

• thelightningwill
            Go Aztecs and Pads
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
            Get your liver tested. And check your A1C. You may be pre diabetic. And that fat may be Visceral.
            My blood sugar is super low. My doc said all indications are there is nothing wrong with me.
            What is A1C?

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

My blood sugar is super low. My doc said all indications are there is nothing wrong with me.
              What is A1C?
              Its a type 2 diabetes test. Even if you are low pre diabetic Dr's often say you are fine.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

I was a vegetarian for a decade but gave it up late last year. My only advice to anyone looking to take that up would be to watch out for signs of intestinal permeability problems. Since swapping out peas, beans, and cheese, for bone broth, chicken, and fresh water fish, I have been feeling a little better.

Or should I have posted this in the supreme court thread?
                Last edited by Gwynning_Spirit; 03-17-2018, 04:25 PM. Reason: *Please merge into mega thread as Nachos Supreme Food Court.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                  Go Aztecs and Pads
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

As soon as I started bitching about my weight on the Internet, weight loss finally kicked in. I've been at 197 the past three days - down from 200. So I hope this is a trend.

Comment

• chris9341
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Do you think that maybe thats the weight you are supposed to be at if you are staying in that weight range?

Comment

• thelightningwill
                      Go Aztecs and Pads
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post

Do you think that maybe thats the weight you are supposed to be at if you are staying in that weight range?
                      No. I'm supposed to be in the 160s.
                      I was 196 this morning, so I've been under 200 for more than half a week now.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍