• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Caslon
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2019
    • Send PM

Tried Burger Kings $1 Taco ?

I recently did. The BK store I went to had the worst major fast food chain fried taco I've ever eaten. A few bits of hamburger that were fried to a burnt black color. Salsa added that is just jarred store bought salsa. A slice of cheese at the bottom. I'm not sure if it was the cooks fault or what. There must have been only a quarter teaspoon of ground beef at the most, and it was burnt !!! I had them make it over and it was the exact same thing. It was light years from the way the BK ads depict them. Jack In the Box tacos aren't that authentic either, but they put BK's $1 taco to shame. I can see why they're available for a limited time. Check out this pic of BK's TV ad. Plenty of beef with shredded cheese. Looks OK. This is not what you get. Totally deceptive advertising.

Untitled.jpg
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

I think they are meant to be eaten wasted. Or really stoned. Ill tell you what...i took down at least a million J Bone tacos back in the day. That was football fuel. lol I dont touch this stuff now.

Comment

• bartman83642
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Hadn't tried them and already saw some pretty bad reviews so I don't expect that I will. Reminds me of a couple years ago they rolled out hot dogs for the 4th of July for a limited time. Got a hot dog that must have just been the cheapest ones available. Seemed like it was probably microwaved for about 15 secs as it wasn't heated through and put on a stale bun with extremely limited condiments. After that I decided not to try any more limited time promos for BK.

Comment

I'll go get some for lunch today and add my review. I don't know why, but I love those fake ass Jack in the Box tacos.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
          I'll go get some for lunch today and add my review. I don't know why, but I love those fake ass Jack in the Box tacos.
          Oh man the grease. That orange stain on the tortilla. Thats like crack juice. Bendable chewy tacos mmmmmm

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
            Jack's tacos and egg rolls are delicious. None up here as with most food places.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Caslon
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Send PM

The BK commercial really does make them look somewhat appealing. The reality is something different, at least the ones I had. How dare BK show shredded cheese when all they do is toss in a slice of cheese at the bottom of the shell. The amount of beef shown in their ads is 10 times more than what I got. I look forward to any other reviews to compare with what I got.

Comment

• captaind
                Cook This Pork Chops
                • Jun 2013
                • Mars
                • Ball Holder
                • Send PM

Lol, the mrs & I have been laughing at those commercials. This just confirms our suspicions.

Comment

I haven't gotten the chance to make it to Burger King for these yet. They brought in BBQ yesterday, and this is Oklahoma, so you don't pass up BBQ. Ours is
                  even better than anything they have in Kansas City.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Right now !!
                    Online coupon.
                    Jack in the Box.
                    Two (2) free tacos with any purchase.

Burger King, you cannot compete with this.
                    You don't know ball

Comment

• SDFan
                      Woober Goober
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Dolores, CO
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Funny thing is, several years ago BK had 2 "crispy tacos" with shredded beef for $1.00 on the regular menu and they were a step up from Jack, IMO. Then they moved them to the value menu- still 2 for a buck, then they disappeared for a couple years.I've read a couple reviews and the new tacos sound like the same method Jack uses, pre-made offsite with everything but lettuce sealed inside a tortilla, then dropped in the deep fryer for a few minutes, add lettuce and a squirt of "salsa" before serving. So now they sell 1 for $1 while you still get 2 for same price at Jack. Yep, it will be a limited time promotion all right!

BTW: can anyone confirm what the mystery "meat" was/is inside Jack's tacos? It was always a little puddle of mush and there were rumors it was a soy substitute and not even meat.
                      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Caslon
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by SDFan View Post
                        BTW: can anyone confirm what the mystery "meat" was/is inside Jack's tacos? It was always a little puddle of mush and there were rumors it was a soy substitute and not even meat.
                        You asked for it:
                        Defatted Soy Grits, Worcestersire Sauce, etc. Hehe, "Natural Flavors" (must be the secret ingredients) .

"Taco, Regular Filling Ingredients: Beef, Chicken, Water, Textured Vegetable Protein (Soy Flour,
                        Caramel Color), Defatted Soy Grits, Seasoning (Chili Pepper, Corn Maltodextrin, Spices, Bleached
                        Enriched Wheat Flour [Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, and Folic Acid], Salt,
                        Garlic Powder, Hydrolyzed Corn, Soy, and Wheat Proteins, Monosodium Glutamate, Onion Powder,
                        Natural Flavors, Disodium Inosinate, Disodium Guanylate, Succinic Acid), Salt, Tomato Paste,
                        Worcestershire Sauce (Distilled Vinegar, Molasses, Corn Syrup, Water, Salt, Caramel Color, Garlic
                        Powder, Sugar, Spices, Tamarind, Natural Flavor, Sulfiting Agent)
                        Last edited by Caslon; 07-22-2019, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍