• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charger1993
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Passing on christian wilkins is like passing on wstson last year. Wilkins is a warren sapp type dt. Take him and make our lbs better

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
      Really like OLB Nigel Bradham on Philly. Hes a monster and plays the strong side. He would be a nice UFA pick up. I think hes top 5 in tackles this season.

Hes on the field 95% of the time. Money well spent and he plays on a stud D that is one of the best in 3rd down coverage.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Attack View Post

Bradham appears to have talent, but also has a 5 cent head. He's had a few run-ins with the law recently. I get the feeling that we wouldn't want to take on a player like that.
        The incident with a hotel employee isnt very clear. Nobody knows how violent he was. He said he would get cleared and he pretty much has. He has agreed to a program that once he completes it the charge is dismissed. I know it sounds like he's a terrible person but i dont think so. The other charge of carrying a concealed weapon is just a misdemeanor. I dont think hes a gangbanger type. Sure hes made some dumb decisions but his record seems to be pretty good during his college and Bills years. He spent a year with Lynn in Buffalo. He may go to bat for him. Im sure Lynn knows his character.

Hes a really good young LB. All over the place and is the type of player we need.

You may be right though. TT may not bite with those flags. Problem is a lot of players have red flags. Off the field. Injuries etc. Id assume we just stop with the oft injured players and maybe take a shot on a guy who made some bad decisions but is dependable.

Comment

• WindsorUK
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Windsor, U.K.
          • Send PM

We just need players that can come in and contribute.
          Whether it's the 13th pick or 19th, TT has to select a player that can come in day 1 and start, and contribute.
          We need better players at DT, OL, S, and LB. I'm sure they'll be a player at either selection that will fit our requirements. Even if he has to take a guy a few picks ahead of slot( not like Fluker who was an entire round or two ahead of slot!), if he plays a position of need, grab him.
          This team still has a lot of holes to fill. Best place to fill those holes is via the draft.
          Last edited by WindsorUK; 12-26-2017, 02:02 AM.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
            We need better players at DT, OL, S, and LB.
            And RB. And at some point, sooner rather than later, we need to draft Rivers replacement. The problem will be spending a pick on a player who will likely sit for a while doesn't improve the other holes.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Build Back Better.

Comment

• blueman
                blueman commented
                Editing a comment
                How about the Mayfield clone of the day 3 years from now?
            • OhioBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
              We just need players that can come in and contribute.
              Whether it's the 13th pick or 19th, TT has to select a player that can come in day 1 and start, and contribute.
              We need better players at DT, OL, S, and LB. I'm sure they'll be a player at either selection that will fit our requirements. Even if he has to take a guy a few picks ahead of slot( not like Fluker who was an entire round or two ahead of slot!), if he plays a position of need, grab him.
              This team still has a lot of holes to fill. Best place to fill those holes is via the draft.

I agree whole-heartedly and of course best player available at that pick put I think the priority order is on point 1 and 2 flip either way DT/OT , 3rd Safety, 4th OLB, 5th speedy WR that returns kickoffs/punts.

Travis Benjamin goodbye.
              Attouchu goodbye.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

When did safety become a higher priority position than LB?
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                  Bearded14YourPleasure commented
                  Editing a comment
                  When we started putting 3 or 4 safeties on the field for 80% of defensive snaps?
              • Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

What NFL Scouts and Execs Said About My Latest Mock Draft

I showed my latest mock draft to evaluators and decision-makers around the league, and the feedback was eye-opening: A little-known edge rusher rising to the top half of Round 1, an O-line prospect being put in a class with All-Pros, surprise candidates to be the first corner and first linebacker off the board, and more scouts coming around on Baker Mayfield

By Albert Breer December 27, 2017

This is notBrowns have a chance to clean up.Sam DarnoldSaquon BarkleyAfter four months of calling around, I feel good about the first four picks. And those are USC quarterback Sam Darnold, UCLA quarterback Josh Rosen, Penn State running back Saquon Barkley and N.C. State defensive end Bradley ChubbAnd the third of the top-three overall prospects is a guard.Quenton NelsonThe offensive linemen, in general, are pretty good.Mike McGlinchey and Conor Williams of Texas as left tackle prospects going inside the first eight picks, and five O-linemen in the first round.

You might have never heard of the guy I had to keep moving up. I mentioned UTSA edge rusher Marcus Davenporta few weeks backmy early November mockYou probably have heard of the guy I keep moving down. Florida State safety Derwin JamesI had him going 11th in early November, and he fell to 18th (to Seattle) on my latest list.

Certain pipelines have stayed in working order.Christian Wilkins, and edge rushers Clelin Ferrell and Austin Bryant. Alabama has pumped out field-general linebackers under Nick Saban, and Rashaan Evans, who went 28th, is the next one. Ohio State is set to send its fifth first-round corner in five draft classes, Denzel Ward, to the league. And you could say the same for Norte Dame and the aforementioned O-linemen.

Two big-conference defenders helped themselves a lot this year. Remember the names Josh Jackson and Tremaine EdmundsRoquan Smith at linebacker).

I think Roquan SmithBaker MayfieldAnd as for Mayfield . . .
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

I'm putting Trumaine in my mix for the Bolt's first pick.

Tremaine Edmunds making a case as best linebacker in America

Butkus Award finalist racking up postseason recognition

November 27, 2017

Junior linebacker Tremaine EdmundsACCJustin FuenteTerrell EdmundsGeorgia TechBud Foster
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Barksdale, with a current overall grade of 49.8, has allowed 20 total pressures on 345 pass-blocking snaps, giving him a 95.7 pass-blocking efficiency rating that ranks 19th out of 55 offensive tackles.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Philip Rivers has been sacked 17 times this year, #35 in the league and the least of any starting qb. So by talent or scheme, the OL is doing its job in pass protection. The run blocking sucks, the D is in the backfield all too often and the LBs seem to fill any open hole. Is that talent level or scheme?

I want to upgrade the OL, but I just don't put it #1 on the draft list anymore. I'm still good with taking an OT in the first if he is BPA, but I don't have to if there is another BPA that fits our needs better.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                      X