• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Rivers will be our staring QB next season.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      Rivers will be our staring QB next season.
      Agreed
      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• OhioBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Why is this even a thread look at the body of work 2 seasons prior and this season. Hell No he isn't clutch, he's not a top 10 QB at this stage of his career he some where 15-20. He's not the worst QB in the NFL but he sure as hell is not clutch.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
          Rivers is no longer clutch. Pretty bummed
          Why does he throw it up like that? Its like he doesnt give a crap about protecting the ball. Its shocking how little he cares. As important it is to try and win the game its equally as inportant to not give it away like that. Let the defense give it a shot at getting the ball back.

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

His arm looks gassed.

Wish we would have taken Watson.
            ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• RollingThunder
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Is this even a discussion anymore?

Comment

• Maverick
                (Coryellian)
                • Jun 2013
                • Point Loma
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Why does he throw it up like that? Its like he doesnt give a crap about protecting the ball. Its shocking how little he cares. As important it is to try and win the game its equally as inportant to not give it away like that. Let the defense give it a shot at getting the ball back.
                Fleet, as much as I hated the result of that seemingly ill-advised pass (a pick & return to our 2-yd line), I honestly don't think Rivers expected that outcome was even a remote possibility when he threw it. I don't for one minute think it's an issue of PR not caring. Being already 3rd & long, I think Rivers thought it would actually be safer to throw it long, because if it were picked at the landing point of the pass, it would pretty much be the equivalent of a punt. Looking at the play again, it actually was a decently thrown pass, except the CB had a good angle & enough closing speed to make a heck of a play, combined with Benjamin being too much of a pussy to muscle the ball away when it counted.

Just my take, as one of PR's last big fans....

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Maverick View Post

Fleet, as much as I hated the result of that seemingly ill-advised pass (a pick & return to our 2-yd line), I honestly don't think Rivers expected that outcome was even a remote possibility when he threw it. I don't for one minute think it's an issue of PR not caring. Being already 3rd & long, I think Rivers thought it would actually be safer to throw it long, because if it were picked at the landing point of the pass, it would pretty much be the equivalent of a punt. Looking at the play again, it actually was a decently thrown pass, except the CB had a good angle & enough closing speed to make a heck of a play, combined with Benjamin being too much of a pussy to muscle the ball away when it counted.

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Maverick View Post

Our offense took some really poor angles on that int. Not that they are defenders, but giving the DB a clear shot up the sidelines is pretty unusual on a downfield pass like that.

The other thing is how hard would it have been for the Jags had we punted the ball back to them? They are still going to get the ball back at midfield, and Lambo does have good leg strength. With as tired as most defenders are at that point, had we not driven down to score, we had pretty much lost even if we had punted. Sure, there is a chance that they had screwed up and given the game to us, but that is our thing and they seem to have gotten over that to a large degree.

Comment

• Maverick
                      (Coryellian)
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Point Loma
                      • Send PM

PR continues to be tough as nails....& to me, that counts for a helluva lot.

A few of the hits he took yesterday (& over the season) would have certainly knocked out other more-mortal QBs. Yet, given the warrior that he is, keeps getting up & coming back time after time.

He'll always be "clutch" in my book.

Comment

• Budsman
                        Budsman commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You are missing the point. Rivers lacks clutchiness and we need to have a knee jerk reaction about the best qb in Chargers history. Get it now?
                    • RollingThunder
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I was going to come over here and bump this thread. While he still has not proven whether or not he is clutch since this thread was posted, he is playing some of the best ball of his career these last few games.

I hope he can keep it up and we can continue to get leads fast so that he doesn't have to prove it. In any case, I have been encouraged by what I have seen lately and I hope he can keep it going at this level. If he can, this team can go far.

Comment

• Budsman
                        Budsman commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Rivers lacks the clutchtistics to back up his clutchiness. We need to see about starting Geno Smith or Clemons to see what we have for next year because rivers will never take his clutchiness to the next level and you can’t win in this league unless you have clutchfactor.
                    • foreigner
                      Tom Telesco is gone
                      • Sep 2013
                      • Send PM

filedata/fetch?id=439675&d=1512406970&type=thumb

Dude... you are so clutch I want to kiss you...
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.
                      Last edited by Bolt-O; 12-04-2017, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X