• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I also liked that the chargers did not turtle up when they had the lead. Lot more aggressive. Ditto throwing from 5 deep to Williams.
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post

or the right coach...
      HuH??? If you would rather still have McCoy i feel sorry for you. I dont think Lynn has been bad at all. the team plays hard. Has he made mistakes? Yes. He is also only 20 games into his career as a HC, went through a shit show first offseason, 0-4 crazy start to have a shot at the playoffs. now a 3-2 start with a very banged up squad. They no longer play soft. i'll take the growing pains myself.
      Last edited by Panamamike; 10-08-2018, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• Panamamike
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Perhpas because their ouside D is shit? There is more than one variable to analyzing how to break down the other teams D. We did a good job after a slow start on 3rd downs.

Comment

• ETicket
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

HuH??? If you would rather still have McCoy i feel sorry for you. I dont think Lynn has been bad at all. the team plays hard. Has he made mistakes? Yes. He is also only 20 games into his career as a HC, went through a shit show first offseason, 0-4 crazy start to have a shot at the playoffs. now a 3-2 start with a very banged up squad. They no longer play soft. i'll take the growing pains myself.
          I'm fairly certain he was referring to the special teams coach

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

People should be very careful judging coaches 21 games into their careers. Mike McCoy had a better record than Lynn and won a playoff game after his first 21 games, with arguably less talent. We know how that turned out.

Comment

• Chargerville
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
              People should be very careful judging coaches 21 games into their careers. Mike McCoy had a better record than Lynn and won a playoff game after his first 21 games, with arguably less talent. We know how that turned out.
              I say the same thing

Comment

• foreigner
                Tom Telesco is gone
                • Sep 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

I was referring to Stewart...

Comment

• foreigner
                  Tom Telesco is gone
                  • Sep 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ETicket View Post

I'm fairly certain he was referring to the special teams coach
                  Thank you

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Published: Oct. 11, 2018 at 01:04 p.m.
                    Updated: Oct. 11, 2018 at 04:31 p.m.

QB Index, Week 6: Four opinions I will fight you over

Gregg Rosenthal
                    Around The NFL Editor

Anthony Lynn has seen the light: Philip Rivers must be maximized

I nearly yelped in appreciation while watching Game Pass this week after a particular fourth-quarter play call by the Chargers. It was not a close game. Los Angeles dominated the Raiders in total yardage and won the turnover battle. Special teams even made a few plays, as rare at the StubHub Center as a home-field advantage. It was the type of complete performance that can make the remaining few stranded survivors on Chargers Island begin to think irrational thoughts.

The score was 26-10 Chargers, with 5:10 left in the game. Philip Rivers threw to the outside on first down (and the third-down conversion to follow).

This should not be remarkable, but Chargers coach Anthony Lynn would have been calling for a run in that spot at this time a year ago, just like Lynn's coaching mentor Rex Ryan once would have. Even CBS analyst Greg Gumbel expressed surprise in his voice at the modestly aggressive decision. Lynn has fully embraced the reality that the Bolts' passing game is the best part of his team. The running backs still provide the bedrock of L.A.'s offense, but it's Melvin Gordon and Austin Ekeler's role in the passing game that has this duo on a record-setting pace.

In a league increasingly divided between organizations ready to seek offensive innovation and everyone else, Lynn is closer to another former boss in Bill Parcells. He knows the safest approach in today's NFL is to keep attacking. Rivers and the harmonious Chargers offense wound up running out the clock Sunday with an 11-play drive that ended in kneeldowns on the doorstep of the end zone.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                      X