Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Ingvar Kamprad, 91, founded IKEA at age 17. Admit it... you have at least 5 Allen wrenches from an IKEA kit in your toolbox!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
      R.I.P. Ingvar Kamprad, 91, founded IKEA at age 17. Admit it... you have at least 5 Allen wrenches from an IKEA kit in your toolbox!
      Ha! At least five...when we sold our home in 2016 there were bags and boxes of leftover IKEA hinges, screws, Bolts, dowels, nails and a box of laminate flooring

they should mail mail his next of kin a flat pack KAUFEN and make them assemble it
      Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• LOL just joking. We liked IKEA a lot. Actually did a kitchen remodel and assembled and installed ourselves

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• R.I.P. Dennis Edwards, 74, Lead Singer of the Temptations. He took over the lead from David Ruffin and was the lead for many songs, including “I Can’t Get Next To You,” “Ball of Confusion,” and “Papa Was a Rollin’ Stone.”

Last edited by Bolt-O; 02-02-2018, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• R.I.P. John Mahoney, 77. He played Martin Crane, Frazier and Niles dad, on "Frazier".

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
            R.I.P. John Mahoney, 77. He played Martin Crane, Frazier and Niles dad, on "Frazier".
            Also played Ione Sky's father in "Say Anything" one of my favorite movies. Gives a dynamite performance in that movie.

Reading some the tributes about him... just seemed like a really, good person. rest well John.
            "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Mickey Jones passed away. He was a legend in my hometown. In commercials for the city and celebrated at every local restaurant

I'm sure the name doesn't ring a bell. Drummer in a bunch of bands and has 17 gold records but most people know him as a character actor, mostly a biker in almost 150 films and TV appearances
              Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                Mickey Jones passed away. He was a legend in my hometown. In commercials for the city and celebrated at every local restaurant

I'm sure the name doesn't ring a bell. Drummer in a bunch of bands and has 17 gold records but most people know him as a character actor, mostly a biker in almost 150 films and TV appearances
                I remember him from the breath savers commercial also Tin Cup...had no idea he played Drums, Bob Dylan, Johnny Rivers, The First Edition, pretty cool

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• R.I.P. Pat Torpey, Drummer for Mr Big, complications from Parkinson’s, he passed away on February 7 but only just found out after reading an article about one of my favorite guitarists Glen Tipton of Judas Priest who has also been battling Parkinson’s

not a fan of Mr Big at all but I got to know Pat in the late 80’s while working at Guitar Center in Sherman Oaks, he was just one of the nicest humblest people I had ever met and he was a monster drummer.

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• R.I.P. Billy Graham, 99. I personally haven't heard an entire sermon from him, but he did have the ear of presidents and millions of people through his evangelism.

Comment

• R.I.P. Roger Bannister, 88, the first man to run the mile under 4 minutes, in 1954.

Comment

• R.I.P. Stephen Hawking, 76, cosmologist. Not that many as brilliant.

Comment

• I bought one of Hawking's books when I was in my 20s. Later, thanks to advanced technology, I bought the audio c.d.s for that book.
                          I don't know what happened to the unheard compact discs, but the bookmark still sits somewhere around page 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
                            I bought one of Hawking's books when I was in my 20s. Later, thanks to advanced technology, I bought the audio c.d.s for that book.
                            I don't know what happened to the unheard compact discs, but the bookmark still sits somewhere around page 4.
                            U got twice as far as I did

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• R.I.P. Some of the best TV drama of all time, pre-Sopranos and The Wire. I will forgive him for Cop Rock.
                              Last edited by Bolt-O; 04-01-2018, 06:54 PM.

Comment

• SDfan
                                SDfan commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Steven Bochco

• Winnie Mandela
                              Chagras Got no barg!!!!!!!

Comment

• Bolt-O
                                Bolt-O commented
                                Editing a comment
                                There are some things that were alleged but never adjudicated that don't sit well with me about her. but her support of her husband helped in ending apartheid. Apartheid was wrong, and hopefully the RSA won't all into the fate of most African countries. May God judge her properly.

• A couple of notables:

R.I.P. Art Bell, 72, radio host. If you couldn't sleep, you probably turned on the radio and heard him talking about UFOs and other conspiracy theories on his show Coast-to-Coast AM, yes on Friday the 13th.

also

R.I.P. Milos Forman, 86, Oscar winning director for "One Flew Over the Cookoo's Nest" and "Amadeus", as well for "Hair" and "The People vs. Larry Flint".

Comment

• R.I.P. R. Lee Ermey, 74

Comment

• Art Bell died? I was a late night radio listener when Bell was still with KDWN Las Vegas. This was in the late 80's or early 90's I believe. He was all politics at that point. Definitely a Republican. But gradually he shifted away from politics with his Friday night/Saturday morning shows when he'd feature at least a couple hours on paranormal-subject callers. People, like myself, would call in and share about their weird experiences. Then he brought some noted guests on his show that were from the paranormal ilk. Some psychics (Sean David Morton and Dannion Brinkley were a couple) , UFO/Space related folks (John Lear, Seth Shostak-SETI, Stan Friedman, Whitley Streiber and many more), and even priests (a Father Malachai was one I recall) were invited on his talk show to talk about the darkest recesses of the paranormal. Man, Art Bell had just about everyone on his show covering all areas of the paranormal as he dove completely in and totally strayed away from politics.

I'll never forget my first call into his show. It was on one of those Friday nights that you were allowed to share your personal "ghost" stories. I related to him and his listeners the time my brothers comb flew around by itself one fine Fall day in Missouri.

Comment

• Heard the name Art Bell but never checked him out......found this to be of interest

After leaving military service he remained in Asia, where he lived on the Japanese island of Okinawa. He worked as a disc jockey for KSBK, which was the only non-military English-language station in Japan. While there, he set a Guinness World Record by staying on the air for 116 hours and 15 minutes. The money raised there allowed Bell to charter a Douglas DC-8, fly to Vietnam, and rescue 130 Vietnamese orphans stranded in Saigon at the war's end. They were eventually brought to the United States and adopted by American families.[

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

Working...
                                    X