• Jul 2013
        • siberiacuse, ny
        • Send PM

Kick ass!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alex View Post
          How'd it go last night, SC?
          The Friday I mentioned is this coming Friday, the 19th. The festival goes from June 18th through June 21st. I have a local comedy contest show tomorrow night, then the two Blue Whale Comedy Festival shows on the 19th @ 10:00 pm, and Saturday the 20th at 4:30 pm, then a charity show for Downs Syndrome on August 9th, and another one with a group of guys I do shows with (we're called "Sharp Dressed Men") some time in July.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

I envy the fact you have something real gratifying to look forward to, SC. Good for you.
            For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

I envy the fact you have something real gratifying to look forward to, SC. Good for you.
              Thanks! It's a lot of fun, and I'm glad that I finally gave it a shot - I've been wanting to do it my whole life but never found a place for open mic to try it. I never thought I would be good enough at it
              to actually get booked for shows. Hopefully, I can get some video of some of these upcoming shows for you guys.

Comment

I'm officially allowed to call myself a comedian now. Just got my performer's wristband for the festival this weekend!

Freaking excited!

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Good luck! Any NFL shots in your routine?

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                    No Sir, I Dont Like It
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Section 457
                    • Migrant Film Worker
                    • Send PM

I think a Hacksaw impersonation would be comical. Especially if you do it straight.
                    just need a small hairy animal to wear on your head.
                    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
                      I'm officially allowed to call myself a comedian now. Just got my performer's wristband for the festival this weekend!

Freaking excited!

Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                        Good luck! Any NFL shots in your routine?
                        No, but I do have a football bit. In part of my usual set, I talk about some of the culture shock I experienced moving to Oklahoma from California. One of those is, "I was watching tv and saw that
                        a local channel was televising a 3rd grader football game. I thought, 'Wow, Okies take their football as seriously as I do. This is awesome'. But as much as I love football, and watching 9 year-olds
                        give each other concussions, I have to wonder what's next? Fetus football?! (announcer voice) 'Number 9 gets the handoff.... He's at the placenta, he's to the bladder.... he's at the uterus! HE'S
                        TAKEN IT ALL THE WAY TO THE CERVIX, TOUCHDOWN EMBRYO JONES!' - 'Great run, Dick - that's the second touchdown of the day for the rookie out of Wedlock, Texas' - 'It is Phil, and it wouldn't
                        have been possible without that beautiful backside block from the youngest player on the team, Conception Martinez'." Then I go into some of the local school mascots, like, "If fetus football was a
                        thing, the Jenks Trojans would probably want to change their mascot. And then North of Tulsa, we have Owasso. If you break that down, it's
                        'OW... ASS... Ohhhhhh!!' - and their mascot is a fucking RAM. They're never going to have any fetus football players. All these schools
                        are going to have to recruit from Booker T. Washington. Their mascot is the 'Whore nets' (Hornets)..."

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                        I think a Hacksaw impersonation would be comical. Especially if you do it straight.
                        just need a small hairy animal to wear on your head.
                        It would only work in San Diego. No one here knows who he is.

Congratulations!
                        Thanks Alex! It was an amazing weekend. At my Friday night show, I was supposed to be the headliner, and out of nowhere Dan St. Germain shows up and asks if he can be in our show. We were all like, PLEASE!!!! So I'm doing my set with Dan watching me from the green room. That was crazy. Here's a picture from that show:

Word got around to the pros that I was a funny local guy, so I got approached by Chris Cubas and hung out with him for most of the after party Friday night.

After my Saturday show, I went to go see Sarah Shaefer perform with some of my local friends opening up for her, and sitting next to me is
                        Nikki Glaser (Nikki and Sarah had a show on MTV called "Nikki & Sarah Live"). So I got to hang out with them for a little bit, and got invited to the backstage area of Nikki Glaser's show (and got the picture
                        below with them).

This picture was us watching Erica Rhodes' (who is also a total cutiepie) set, and she was hilarious. From left to right,
                        Chris Cubas, Nikki Glaser, Michael Ian Black. It was surreal being right there with these professionals, and the entire weekend was the most fun I've had in a long, long time!

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

That football joke was funny! Well done!

Comment

Working...
                          X