X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
    So, I have been doing stand-up comedy for about 3 months now. Unbeknownst to me, my very first time up, I was competing to make it into the semi-finals of a "Tulsa's Funniest Person" competition. My first time up,
    I came in 3rd, so I was encouraged to keep trying. I finally made it through to the semi-finals my 3rd time up. There have been about 50 people in the competition, and now it's down to the final 16. I am going up in the
    first round of the semi-finals tomorrow night, against 7 other people who have been doing this a loooong time, so I need all the MOJO I can get!!!
    We're now 2 days away from my one year comedy anniversary (I did my very first open mic on August 6th last year). This year, I won the contest that I mentioned above (from last year) and the prize was getting to do my first week of hosting the professional shows some time in the near future.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

We're now 2 days away from my one year comedy anniversary (I did my very first open mic on August 6th last year). This year, I won the contest that I mentioned above (from last year) and the prize was getting to do my first week of hosting the professional shows some time in the near future.

Rad. Give us some original jokes about Raiders fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
        Rad. Give us some original jokes about Raiders fans.
        How about a whole thread?

The Best Charger Community On The Web - Powered by <a href="http://www.Namecheap.com" target="blank"><font color="#001039"><u>namecheap.com</u></font></a>

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Hey. I commented on that thread back when you were an amateur. Maybe I should have been a comedy talent evaluator.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • SoDak
            • Technology Director
            • Send PM

Hey SC... just wondering for the heck of it.

Have any of your performances been recorded? And did you put them on Youtube? Or could you?

If you don't want to post it here, I understand...but you could send it to me via a facebook message if they are (assuming you want to stay...sort of private).

I'd love to watch a few of your sets. I love me some stand up comedy.

OH, Congrats, by the way! That's pretty impressive that you've had such success so early in your new endeavor! Logo:
            "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
              Hey SC... just wondering for the heck of it.

Have any of your performances been recorded? And did you put them on Youtube? Or could you?

If you don't want to post it here, I understand...but you could send it to me via a facebook message if they are (assuming you want to stay...sort of private).

I'd love to watch a few of your sets. I love me some stand up comedy.

OH, Congrats, by the way! That's pretty impressive that you've had such success so early in your new endeavor! Logo:
              I'm just hoping he's not the Coz.

Comment

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
                I'm just hoping he's not the Coz.

NOsby!!

Thanks Coach, I have a couple of videos on YouTube, but I'm not proud of them - they were from my first couple of months ever doing shows.
                It's difficult to get comedy club footage, as so many of them tell people up front that they can't take pictures or record videos, so unless the
                venue records the video for you, there's nothing. Fortunately, they recorded last Sunday's show. Unfortunately, the guy who recorded it got off
                of work early, so there's our show plus 4 hours of nothing being recorded, so they've got a huge file to have to edit. As soon as I get the video,
                I'll post it here and also send you a link Coach!

Comment

• Screeme
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I have my first ever set setup for the 30th of this month.

It's a small venue... and will have some friendly faces

I am super nervous.

Any tips on refining material. Even though I test them out on people, I'm never really happy with my punchlines, so I'm always kind of tinkering. But I'm also afraid of editing my bits to death and squeezing all the fun/humor out of them.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Screeme View Post

I am super nervous.

Any tips on refining material. Even though I test them out on people, I'm never really happy with my punchlines, so I'm always kind of tinkering. But I'm also afraid of editing my bits to death and squeezing all the fun/humor out of them.
                    Good luck. When a joke fizzles, just blame it on your writers. Johnny Carson made a career out of it.

And, if your whole set takes a shit, remember that every great comedian sucks when he or she starts.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Screeme View Post

I am super nervous.

Pretty cool. What made you decide to do this? Besides being funny.
                      For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                        No Sir, I Dont Like It
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Section 457
                        • Migrant Film Worker
                        • Send PM

Bunch of comedians over here..
                        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                          Bunch of comedians over here..
                          Life as a San Diego Chargers fan has been one big joke.

Comment

Working...
                          X