Chargers open as 3 point favorite vs. Pittsburgh Steelers (Week 5)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Monday night against the San Diego Chargers, Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin will be looking to accomplish something that he’s yet to do since
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• OhioBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
      The Steelers have LeVeon Bell and Antonio Brown. That is it. If the Chargers can take those two players away, they win easily. The defense is not like it used to be -- even with Shazier coming back. And Shazier is very good but gets hurt a lot and shoulders can be a vexing problem for a linebacker. If Roethlesberger were playing it might be a different story. But Vick cannot even manage a game at this point, let alone cover up his team's weaknesses.

TG
      It will be tough to contain both Bell and Brown, my preference would be to control Bell, if we are controlling Bell that means Vick is passing more which I think works more in our favor, Vick isn't a high percentage passer, and he's not as elusive as was in his earlier years, and he has the tendency to fumble when hit in the pocket. If Bell is running wild our D will be gassed and make it easy for Vick to play action. We must contain Bell!

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Saw this tweet:

Shazier's shoulder in a sling after practice

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
          Don't get me started, Alex. Please.

This world is full of sickos, unfortunately. But Vick will always be remember by this poster, at least, as a guy who had the world by a string and literally threw it away. Just because it's (what you're calling) 'ancient history' doesn't change what he did. It's sickening to me that he was allowed back into the NFL. But the NFL isn't known for upholding high moral standards, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
          No second chances. Good thing you've never been given any, Mr. Glass House.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
            Vick is pretty much a non threat
            We struggle mightily with any QB that can move. We made Tebow look good.

Comment

• Iowachargers
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Dow City, Iowa
              • Send PM

Vick had a pretty good game against the Chargers a few seasons back when he was with Philadelphia.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Vick also stunk up the joint last season when he came in for the Jets. He has a 1-4 record on the west coast.

Comment

• Boltx
                  Dominate the day
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Well, we struggled mightily with the Browns and made McCown look like a hall of famer.

With Big Ben out and playing at home, it certainly does help our chances but it will be another struggle. I just don't think we're a good football team right now.
                  ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                    Well, we struggled mightily with the Browns and made McCown look like a hall of famer.

With Big Ben out and playing at home, it certainly does help our chances but it will be another struggle. I just don't think we're a good football team right now.
                    As a QB, I think Vick may be worse than McCown. If all the guys who returned to practice yesterday play (Floyd, Verret, Flowers, Watt, Addae and of course Gates) we'll be a better team.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • SoDak
                      • Technology Director
                      • Send PM

Honestly, I don't think the Chargers should be favored against anyone right now.

But Pitt did lose to Baltimore, at home last week.
                      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Boltergeist
                        Pesky apparition
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Baja Oklahoma
                        • Send PM

I wonder if we would be favored by 6 at a neutral site?

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                          Grammar Police
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Malcom Floyd practices, Stevie Johnson doesn’t for Chargers

Posted by Mike Florio on October 8, 2015, 6:12 PM EDT

AP
                          The Chargers will be getting one of their key passing-game weapons back on Monday night, when tight end Antonio Gates returns from suspension. They may be missing another key passing-game weapon for the Week Five home game against the Steelers.

Receiver Stevie Johnson missed Thursday’s practice with a hamstring injury, according to the team’s official injury report. Johnson injured the hamstring in Sunday’s game against the Browns.

The better news is that receiver Malcom Floyd (pictured), who exited the Cleveland game with a concussion, fully participated in practice. He’ll still need to be separately cleared by an independent neurologist to play.

Also missing practice were tackle King Dunlap (concussion), guard Orlando Franklin (ankle), receiver Jacoby Jones (ankle), cornerback Craig Mager (hamstring), and linebacker Tourek Williams (foot).

Limited in practice were safety Jahleel Addae (ankle), guard D.J. Fluker (ankle), cornerback Jason Verrett (foot), and center Chris Watt (groin).

Cornerback Brandon Flowers, who also suffered a concussion against the Browns, fully participated in practice, along with guard Chris Hairston (ankle).
                          Go Rivers!

Comment

Working...
                          X