Chargers open as 3 point favorite vs. Pittsburgh Steelers (Week 5)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • QSmokey
    Guardedly Optimistic
    • Jun 2013
    • Kuna, Idaho
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
    Guys, I wish you'd stop with this dog-killer crap. It's ancient history. Yes, what Vick did was very wrong but he did serve prison time for it, did he not? If you're really committed to crucifying someone for killing dogs, how about this (WARNING: This link is extremely graphic but maybe it needs to be seen to gain some perspective - and at least this is a current and relevant story to be upset about)...http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/articles...ats-for-dinner

This link is even more current...http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/22/asia/c...val/index.html
    Don't get me started, Alex. Please.

This world is full of sickos, unfortunately. But Vick will always be remember by this poster, at least, as a guy who had the world by a string and literally threw it away. Just because it's (what you're calling) 'ancient history' doesn't change what he did. It's sickening to me that he was allowed back into the NFL. But the NFL isn't known for upholding high moral standards, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Comment

• KNSD
      Registered Charger Hater
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

He had the world by the TAIL and he literally let it get mauled.

Get your comparisons right.
      Prediction:
      Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
      Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
      Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Boltergeist
        Pesky apparition
        • Jun 2013
        • Baja Oklahoma
        • Send PM

I can already picture the sea of Black and Gold filling the seats of our stadium on Monday and it makes me sick. Come on, locals! Buy tickets! Show up! Don't sell tickets to Steelers fans.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltergeist View Post
          I can already picture the sea of Black and Gold filling the seats of our stadium on Monday and it makes me sick. Come on, locals! Buy tickets! Show up! Don't sell tickets to Steelers fans.
          I brought 3 of my nephews to the Browns game this weekend (they live back east and have never been to an NFL game before) and they were surprised at how many Browns fans there were at the game. I told them to look at the stands next Monday against the Steelers and the fans will be close to 50-50.

Comment

• Boltergeist
            Pesky apparition
            • Jun 2013
            • Baja Oklahoma
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
            I brought 3 of my nephews to the Browns game this weekend (they live back east and have never been to an NFL game before) and they were surprised at how many Browns fans there were at the game. I told them to look at the stands next Monday against the Steelers and the fans will be close to 50-50.
            You think we'll get that many Bolts fans?

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Ryan Shazier - LB - Steelers

Steelers ILB Ryan Shazier (shoulder) returned to practice on Monday.
              Shazier missed the Steelers' last two games with "weakness" in his shoulder. Shazier said after Monday's practice that he "definitely" believes he'll play in Week 4 against the Chargers. It's a big boost to the Steelers' run defense, which had trouble dealing with Justin Forsett last Thursday night.
              Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
              Oct 5 - 6:02 PM
              For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Iowachargers
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Dow City, Iowa
                • Send PM

T
                Originally posted by alex View Post
                Ryan Shazier - LB - Steelers

Steelers ILB Ryan Shazier (shoulder) returned to practice on Monday.
                Shazier missed the Steelers' last two games with "weakness" in his shoulder. Shazier said after Monday's practice that he "definitely" believes he'll play in Week 4 against the Chargers. It's a big boost to the Steelers' run defense, which had trouble dealing with Justin Forsett last Thursday night.
                Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
                Oct 5 - 6:02 PM
                Ha ha ha. He don't even know what week they play the Chargers. :/

Comment

• RTPbolt
                  Charger Fan till the end
                  • Jun 2013
                  • North Carolina
                  • Send PM

We have a shot being a home game and Pitt has looked as bad as us frankly and now no Big Ben. Vick is pretty much a non threat and our D should be a good match for him assuming our secondary is back.

Gates i think is going to be a factor. He is healthy and i bet Ricers sneaks him on our third downs whete we have struggled.

Gordon and Woody will get enough to keep Pitt honest. If its close we have the edge over Vick...he isnt a good passer and will choke.

Comment

• TTK
                    EX-Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • America's Finest City
                    • Send PM

It doesn't matter where the game is, Steeler fans are all over the place. Even in "stronghold" stadiums, they show up in force.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      BetterToday ThanYesterday
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

The Steelers have LeVeon Bell and Antonio Brown. That is it. If the Chargers can take those two players away, they win easily. The defense is not like it used to be -- even with Shazier coming back. And Shazier is very good but gets hurt a lot and shoulders can be a vexing problem for a linebacker. If Roethlesberger were playing it might be a different story. But Vick cannot even manage a game at this point, let alone cover up his team's weaknesses.

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Windsor, U.K.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                        The Steelers have LeVeon Bell and Antonio Brown. That is it. If the Chargers can take those two players away, they win easily. The defense is not like it used to be -- even with Shazier coming back. And Shazier is very good but gets hurt a lot and shoulders can be a vexing problem for a linebacker. If Roethlesberger were playing it might be a different story. But Vick cannot even manage a game at this point, let alone cover up his team's weaknesses.

TG
                        +1

Also, Gordon will break out this game, with the return of Gates.
                        He's come this close to making it through 'the box' every game now. With Gates there to deal with, as oppose to Phillips or Johnson, there'll be one less defender in 'the box' for Gordon to beat. And it always appears to be the last guy who trips up Melvin. This game, he won't be there.
                        Gordon to the HOUSE!!!!!!!

Comment

• Marshall/Boogie
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                          +1

Also, Gordon will break out this game, with the return of Gates.
                          He's come this close to making it through 'the box' every game now. With Gates there to deal with, as oppose to Phillips or Johnson, there'll be one less defender in 'the box' for Gordon to beat. And it always appears to be the last guy who trips up Melvin. This game, he won't be there.
                          Gordon to the HOUSE!!!!!!!
                          I like your thinking, and hope it's the case on Mon
                          Well.. you can at least see the croutons in the dark.

Comment

Working...
                          X