• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OhioBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

If healthy receiver group is good, but I think Stevie Johnson may be on the way out so Allen, T. Will, Benjamin, and Inman I would like to see them add and explosive receiver who can return kicks\punts this type can be found late 3rd and 4th round

O-line needs the most work I think Slauson stays at Center or moves to Guard, depending on Turek, other than that I think every position can be upgraded from Franklin, Fluker, and Barksdale, with Dunlap I just feel it is a huge gamble depending on him as a starter. The wild card can be Donovan Clark the reports out of camp he established himself early as backup at Tackle and improved in pre-season until he was IR

Comment

• SDFan
      Woober Goober
      • Jun 2013
      • Dolores, CO
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
      If healthy receiver group is good, but I think Stevie Johnson may be on the way out so Allen, T. Will, Benjamin, and Inman I would like to see them add and explosive receiver who can return kicks\punts this type can be found late 3rd and 4th round

O-line needs the most work I think Slauson stays at Center or moves to Guard, depending on Turek, other than that I think every position can be upgraded from Franklin, Fluker, and Barksdale, with Dunlap I just feel it is a huge gamble depending on him as a starter. The wild card can be Donovan Clark the reports out of camp he established himself early as backup at Tackle and improved in pre-season until he was IR
      disagree with your analysis of the OL. I think we all agree Franklin disappointed and could be moved. You left out OG Pulley who has had a solid season as a backup and Hardwick says is a great prospect for Center. I think we WILL see Slauson replace Franklin, then they will sort out OC & RG with Teurk and Pulley and Fluker. They picked up Fluker's option, so if he doesn't retain his spot at RG, I see him replacing Barksdale at RT. Burwell, Wiggins, Hairston will all be in the early mix as backups and we'll be looking for a LT to supplement or replace Dunlap- which could also impact RT -IF- we land a better starting LT. I think you are way too optimistic about Clark's chances. Yes, they said some nice things about him- but it always ended with him being targeted for the Practice Squad for the year. Then he got hurt even before TC and lost a year. If he's fully recovered, he'll be getting a do-over for last year and guys like Teurk and Pulley have already passed him and others they bring in might be ahead of him too...
      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• OhioBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
        disagree with your analysis of the OL. I think we all agree Franklin disappointed and could be moved. You left out OG Pulley who has had a solid season as a backup and Hardwick says is a great prospect for Center. I think we WILL see Slauson replace Franklin, then they will sort out OC & RG with Teurk and Pulley and Fluker. They picked up Fluker's option, so if he doesn't retain his spot at RG, I see him replacing Barksdale at RT. Burwell, Wiggins, Hairston will all be in the early mix as backups and we'll be looking for a LT to supplement or replace Dunlap- which could also impact RT -IF- we land a better starting LT. I think you are way too optimistic about Clark's chances. Yes, they said some nice things about him- but it always ended with him being targeted for the Practice Squad for the year. Then he got hurt even before TC and lost a year. If he's fully recovered, he'll be getting a do-over for last year and guys like Teurk and Pulley have already passed him and others they bring in might be ahead of him too...
        I forgot about Pulley you are right when he has spelled or replace Fluker we have not seen a drop off and the fact his name hasn't been mention much when in the game say he is doing a decent job, not accumlating penalties or having his man beat him regularly. Here in lies the problem both tackles you can't live with starting in 2017, Barksdale is all performance (lack of) based, Dunlap one concussion a way from retirement. Fluker has been underwhelming and we have a history of extending player like him from Donald Butler, and I will throw Corey Liguet in that group.

So Slauson, Pulley, and Turek, the line needs help and that is reality and if you don't think Donavan Clark is someone to be factored in even from a depth prospective, then again this line need a lot of help, Hairston is nothing special, Burwell and Wiggins have some potential.

Comment

• WindsorUK
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Windsor, U.K.
          • Send PM

I think we should spend BIG on a LT.
          We so desperately need to keep Philip clean on a regular basis.Without that , we have no hope.
          As has been mentioned above, move King to RT, shift out Barksdale and Franklin, and let Tuerk, Pulley, Slauson, Fluker fight it out for the 3 interior spots, with whoever we draft in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
            No Sir, I Dont Like It
            • Jun 2013
            • Section 457
            • Migrant Film Worker
            • Send PM

Joe Thomas. Make it so.
            Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
            sigpic

Comment

• Classic
              Hall Of Fame
              • Dec 2014
              • Send PM

Fluker has been terrible and its obvious he will never be good pass protector. Franklin has been a disappointment as well but he is decent to good on most days. He along with Dunlap have injury issues to work on.

LT is a need as I'm sick and tired of Dunlap taking 2 or 3 games off a year due to concussion. He could slide over to RT and Barksdale can be kept as quality depth.

Go after LT in free agency and continue to build a great defense to beat up on Carr, Smith, Siemian for the future.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Maybe we should do what it takes to get Joe Thomas in the offseason. I know he's up in age, but he's been durable and how many hits can River's continue to take the window of opportunity for Rivers to get a Super Bowl is narrowing. Rivers is no spring chicken and even though QB's can play well up in age Rivers has mileage as in hits that wear the body down. Brady, and Brees are older but have come no where close to taken a beaten Rivers has in the last 3 seasons.

Gotta get the line right we got an up an coming defense, and there is enough weapons on offense when healthy to get to a Super Bowl with Rivers, but if we don't get the o-line fixed Rivers will be the next labeled as the Dan Marino type with the exception River will have never made it to the Super Bowl

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

Thomas is over 30, but the guy is a technican. They don't go downhill that quickly.

If you read the various articles about how bad the Browns are, Thomas keeps getting quoted. He is getting pretty discouraged. He may soften his stance on being traded.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by vinabolt View Post
                    The WRs even with the injuries are reliable while the OL is not. The OL is pretty shaky right now. It's better than last year but that isn't mean much, since last year pretty much an all time low.

Our WRs, when healthy, are one of the better groups out there, it jammed with #2, #3 guys around Allen.

K Allen
                    S Johnson
                    Benjamin
                    T-Will
                    Inman

That's as solid you can get. Inman, Benjamin and T-Will is productive even without Allen and Johnson. They should be even more dangerous when defenses commit to slow down Allen, open up opportunities for them.

And Inman is so underrated it's crazy. All he does is getting open and catch passes. He was quiet in camps and preseasons and always turn it on and produce in the regular season, dating back to his Canada days.

I don't know about the work habit of Benjamin but T-Will should improve like he always does. He has some crazy potential here. Add in an improved Gordon and Henry and a better OL and you have an offense that can put up some monster numbers, historic numbers, an elite, championship offense.
                    I dont know about as solid as you can get. Allen when Healthy is very solid but he is now unreliable. Stevie Johnson is Meh and quite frankly i think TWill beats him out so he might just get cut. I think he is on a two year deal anyways so he might be a FA for which id let him walk.
                    11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                    35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                    37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                    66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                    69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                    100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                    110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                    140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                    181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                    225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

I wouldnt mind making Eric Berry the big splash. If we dont re-sign Ingram. We get around 10 million in dead money off the books. If we dont cut anyone with a lot of dead money we may be able to afford Ingram and a name player like Berry. He will re-sign or get tagged though.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                        I wouldnt mind making Eric Berry the big splash. If we dont re-sign Ingram. We get around 10 million in dead money off the books. If we dont cut anyone with a lot of dead money we may be able to afford Ingram and a name player like Berry. He will re-sign or get tagged though.
                        We have a lot of guys we can cut to free up money:

Flowers $7 million
                        Fluker $8 million
                        Dunlap $5.1 million
                        Franklin $2.8 million
                        Johnson $3.5 million

And sadly Gates $5 million

Barksdale should be cut, but he has a net loss of $450k - do it!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                          We have a lot of guys we can cut to free up money:

Flowers $7 million
                          Fluker $8 million
                          Dunlap $5.1 million
                          Franklin $2.8 million
                          Johnson $3.5 million

And sadly Gates $5 million

Barksdale should be cut, but he has a net loss of $450k - do it!
                          Yes but they won't cut Fluker, Franklin or Barksdale, but he should.Telesco must make the OL a priority for his QB and RB or he just needs to be fired. Getting scrubs isn't good enough. It's the weakest unit on the team.
                          Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-04-2016, 05:30 PM.
                          11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                          35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                          37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                          66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                          69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                          100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                          110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                          140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                          181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                          225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

Working...
                          X