Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post
    I thought Inman was under rated last year. Dude just kept on making catches
    I think he can settle into a #2. Hes getting better each year. We still need a WR though as i think Benjamin is done after this year unless he really flourishes in the slot. But he really looks out of sync with Rivers. Thats the one thing that impresses me most with Williams and Inman is how they are picking up what is considered to be one of the most difficult offenses for WR's to learn. That was said by James Jones last year. So they didnt cost us anything to acquire and continue to shine for us. I think TT should just stick to drafting WRs. Its something they were pretty good at in Indy. So he and his staff seem to have a good grip on scouting that position. Based on Benjamins routes and poor hands it was probably easy to predict his struggles. I hope he gets a lot better this year. His speed from the slot is sorely needed. Like a slot CB....the slot WR is such an important role on a team like ours. A position that often gets overlooked.

I remember Lamarcus Joyner last year wanting to quit on the Rams because he didnt think the DB slot role was a starting position. Then Jeff Fisher said its the hardest position to play in the backfield. Opened his eyes a little. And mine.

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

For what its worth, Hardwick called the WRs other than Allen as "OK", and said Allen was "good", this morning. I'm not sure what to make of that, other than he's a trained eye that was the color commentator, but he thought that the corps could be upgraded significantly with a true #1 like Amari Cooper. I did like what I saw from TWilliams last season, so I think he was short changing him. I'd be ok with Williams and Inman sharing the #2 opposite Allen. Benjamin was a disappointment but not as bad as Meachum. In any case, who ever is opposite Allen better block well, as I think they will get significantly less touches if Lynn want more emphasis on the run.

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

Seahawks like to line up their outside rushers as 9T on passing downs. In a more 34 style base look, both the SAM LB and LEO rush LB/DE will both line up wide. It takes away some of their ability to support vs the inside run, but they know that, and they look for it, so they can get a jump on thse plays. It is just going to be part of the chess match that goes one between offense and defense.

Historically, Bradley has used bigger guys as the starters at DE. Cliff Avril, the current Seahawks starter, who plays at 255-260 has been their strong DE player, and he isn't as big as Bosa. THey aren't going to line Avril up tight to the OT and ask him to 2 gap (jack up the OT and drive him a step back). Smaller players have to use their leverage and quickness to avoid giving the OT a clean shot. Bosa does that with a combination of hand use and body control. He is basically playing the same spot he did last year. I don't expect we will see that much difference in what he did last year and is asked to do this year.

That is one of the great things about that scheme, it can be played numerous ways. The big thing is that the 5 tech DE just cannot allow himself to get hooked on strong side running plays. That is one thing that I noted about Bosa at OSU, and then last year, he never gets hooked, and it is really tough for a runner to get outside of him. The couple times I do remember people getting outside, they had to backtrack so far that our D was able to get purshuit help to him.

If someone is going to have to get used to playing different it is going to be Liuget and the inside LB. Mebane will be pretty much the same, but the other players around him will exchange some assignments, and have some new reads. Liuget will be playing inside at the same 3 technique, but Seattle has asked their 3 technique DT to do a lot of 2 gapping in the past, and given his build and inability to beat OG off the line, maybe that will play more to Liuget's strength. Liuget actually had one of his better seasons last year. He was much more consistent and didn't give up nearly as many big plays. He just hasn't proven he can make them, which is a problem because he is being paid like he makes big plays.

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
          For what its worth, Hardwick called the WRs other than Allen as "OK", and said Allen was "good", this morning. I'm not sure what to make of that, other than he's a trained eye that was the color commentator, but he thought that the corps could be upgraded significantly with a true #1 like Amari Cooper. I did like what I saw from TWilliams last season, so I think he was short changing him. I'd be ok with Williams and Inman sharing the #2 opposite Allen. Benjamin was a disappointment but not as bad as Meachum. In any case, who ever is opposite Allen better block well, as I think they will get significantly less touches if Lynn want more emphasis on the run.
          I think that is a fair evaluation. I do think he is evaluating the players they are and forgetting that like most young players, they are going to continue to get better. WIlliams only played late his rookie year, so he was basically a rookie out of coming out of Western Oregon. He still has a lot of room for improvement. Benjamin still flashed a lot of ability, but he is a more experienced guy, but he is a player who is still developing too. That was the complaint that we overpaid somewhat in asking him to come in and get vet money to be a 3rd WR. Allen is a #1 WR when he is on the field. Inman came on really storng later last year.

We have up and coming talent, but we aren't set with a top notch WR corp. It could become that, but I wouldn't pass on anyone because of our depth. I think the way I keep seeing the 1st round play out, we will probably go D with the #7 pick, or trade down. If we trade down, even just a few picks, then I think WR might be a really good idea. Just a where are the best players still on the board with a pick thing.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Steve you are non existent in the draft forum. Are you lost? Do you know how to find it? lol We need you there bro. Its not the same without your insights.

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

Just super busy at work.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                Just super busy at work.
                I hear you man. I was just checking.

Comment

• Grinners
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

100 to 1 odds for SB should I put down $100???????????

Comment

• Rugger05
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Grinners View Post
                    100 to 1 odds for SB should I put down $100???????????

Nope, put down $1,000!!!

Comment

• chargerkdb
                      Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                      • Send PM

I use U.K. Books and can't find anything like 100. Maybe 50. I had Bolts at 125-1 with U.K. Book in '94. That was not a good day gentlemen

Comment

• Grinners
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
                        I use U.K. Books and can't find anything like 100. Maybe 50. I had Bolts at 125-1 with U.K. Book in '94. That was not a good day gentlemen
                        Super Bowl LII odds

(via William Hill)
                        Patriots: 3-1 (Opened: 4-1)

Raiders: 15-2 (Opened: 12-1)

Cowboys: 8-1 (Opened: 7-1)

Packers: 17-2 (Opened: 12-1)

Steelers: 12-1

Falcons: 12-1

Seahawks: 12-1

Giants: 18-1 (Opened: 25-1)

Texans: 20-1 (Opened: 40-1)

Broncos: 25-1 (Opened: 20-1)

Vikings: 25-1

Chiefs: 30-1 (Opened: 20-1)

Cardinals: 30-1 (Opened: 20-1)

Buccaneers: 30-1

Colts: 40-1 (Opened: 20-1)

Panthers: 40-1 (Opened: 20-1)

Ravens: 40-1 (Opened: 30-1)

Eagles: 40-1 (Opened: 50-1)

Dolphins: 40-1

Lions: 50-1

Titans: 50-1

Saints: 50-1
                        Redskins: 60-1 (Opened: 50-1)

Bengals: 60-1 (Opened: 50-1)

Bills: 100-1 (Opened: 50-1)

Chargers: 100-1 (Opened: 60-1)

Jaguars: 100-1

Rams: 125-1 (Opened: 100-1)

Bears: 125-1 (Opened: 100-1)

49ers: 150-1

Jets: 200-1 (Opened: 75-1)

Browns: 250-1

Note: If a team didn't have a second number listed, that's because their odds haven't changed

Comment

• bolts4lyfe
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2017
                          • Send PM

Rookies are starting to sign, #8 McCaffrey was first 1st rounder to sign, Williams seems like he'll be more happy to sign rather than to deal will offset languages, hopeful they'll get them in quick

Comment

Working...
                          X