Are we still doing this Kellen Clemens thing?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HotOffTheWire
    RSS Feeds
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Are we still doing this Kellen Clemens thing?

Once again, the Los Angeles Chargers are entering a season without a backup plan if their starting QB were to get an injury. This should be a concern of everyone. I wish I were Kellen Clemens. By that I mean that I wish I got paid as handsomely as he does with no real (on-field) expectations for performance at all. This is to say that I’m jealous of Clemens and a little angered, year after year, that the Los Angeles Chargers to continue to waste money on him.
    The Track Record
    In 11 NFL seasons, Kellen Clemens has made over $10.2 million and has thrown more than 100 passes in just two years. Those are also the only two years in which he’s started more than 3 games.
    Clemens never made more than a million dollars in a year until the Chargers came knocking, nearly doubling his 2013 salary (when he started 9 games for the St. Louis Rams) to make him the team’s backup QB behind Philip Rivers.
    He’s made more than $4 million in the three years he’s spent with the Chargers and is scheduled to make an

More...
Working...
X