• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HotOffTheWire
    RSS Feeds
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Juice This: Time for our Quarterback roundtable

I’ve been here so many times that I’m sick of it, but I’m going back.Why do reshuffled quarterbacks keep showing up?Does Washington think it will really do better with former San Francisco No. 1 draft pick Alex Smith than it was doing with its own former fourth-round pick, Kirk Cousins?Smith was on his way to a Super Bowl when he got hurt and lost his job to the now most-famous “kneeler” ever, Colin Kaepernick , who did get them to a Super Bowl.Which they lost, of course. But should’ve won when pass interference was not called on their last-ditch, fourth-down play to take the lead. And now he is forever known better for kneeling in protest and being blackballed subsequently than he is known for taking the injured Smith’s job and nearly stealing a Super Bowl from a retiring Ray Lewis.Does anyone really think he can’t outplay Case Keenum in Denver, or Sam Bradford in Phoenix or Alex Smith in Washington, who he already outplayed in San Francisco? Does anyone think he can’t outplay Kirk Cousins in Minnesota, who

More...
Working...
X