• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HotOffTheWire
    RSS Feeds
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

2019 Chargers Draft Profile: Notre Dame DT Jerry Tillery

The Chargers could use a shot of length and athleticism along the interior. For what seems like ages now, the Chargers have trotted out a defensive interior with players that I always felt were too short or just plain ‘tweeners. Tenny Palepoi, Damion Square, Darius Philon. Although Square and Philon have improved mightily over the last two seasons, they still don’t leave me with a sense of content when I think about the defensive front four. Square is listed as a defensive tackle and can play some end as we saw when he took over the “big end” spot for a few games leading up to Joey Bosa’s return. He is listed at 6-foot-2, 295 pounds. Philon is a 6-foot-1, 300-pound defensive tackle who has been jockeying for starting position at the 3-technique while Corey Liuget has struggled with injuries and suspensions. He showed some disruptive tendencies in 2018 and was one of the most consistent linemen the Chargers had. Still, not someone I would want in the starting lineup if I had a choice. Brandon Mebane, as great

More...
Working...
X