• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HotOffTheWire
    RSS Feeds
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

S.C. president agrees with Muschamp’s criticism of Maryland report

Will Muschamp has taken some heat for the way he defended Maryland head coach D.J. Durkin in the wake of reports of player mistreatment and negligence, but his employer is standing behind him.Over the weekend, Muschamp ripped ESPN for using anonymous sources to accuse Durkin of creating a “toxic culture” at Maryland.“There’s no credibility in anonymous sources. If that former staffer had any guts, why didn’t he put his name on that? I think that’s gutless,” Muschamp said. “In any business, in any company, in any football team, especially right here in August, you can find a disgruntled player, that’s probably not playing. I think it’s a lack of journalistic integrity to print things with anonymous sources.”On Monday, University of South Carolina president Harris Pastides said he would never defend what Durkin has been accused of but agreed with Muschamp’s stance on anonymous sources.“I don’t think (Muschamp) ever said if the facts are flushed out and (Durkin) did something wrong that he would not be for whate

More...
Working...
X