• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HotOffTheWire
    RSS Feeds
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Evan Weaver, Cal football send Ole Miss and the SEC a message

Cal inside linebacker Evan Weaver was on one Saturday afternoon in Oxford, Mississippi. He was definitely in the building and absolutely feeling himself. The Golden Bears pulled off an incredible 28-20 victory over the Rebels at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium Saturday in front of 46,850 fans, telling everyone that Jerry Hollingsworth Field was, in fact, Bear territory. But the only person Weaver wanted to tell was Ole Miss quarterback Matt Corral. And he got his chance when a reporter asked him after the game what the message to the defense was at halftime. “I mean there wasn’t really a message. I’m just gonna say it, he’s not the greatest quarterback in the world,” said Weaver in his post-game interview. “So he talked trash to us, so I’m going to talk it right back. He obviously can’t put his money where his mouth is. We shut him up good.” Sounds like shots fired right? But Weaver was responding to a quote from Corral earlier in the week about how the Bears would fair in the great state of Mississippi. “They’re f

More...
Working...
X