• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HotOffTheWire
    RSS Feeds
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Joe Burrow discusses possibility of going No. 1, joining Bengals

Largely off the first-round radar at this time last year, Joe Burrow is now widely expected to be Cincinnati-bound when Roger Goodell announces this year’s first selection. Rumors of the LSU superstar being less than thrilled about that destination have circulated. The reigning Heisman winner addressed a potential Bengals fit and stopped short of saying he would be happy to land with the Bengals. “They have their process that they have to go through, so I’m just blessed to be in the position that I’m in. If they select me, they select me,” Burrow said, via the Fort Worth Star-Telegram’s Drew Davison. “I’m going to do everything in my power to be the best football player that I can be.” When asked a follow-up question on whether he would be satisfied if the Bengals select him, Burrow stopped short of a ringing endorsement, Davison adds. This follows a comment Burrow made earlier this month that helped start the rumors that he may not be ecstatic about going to Cincinnati. “You want to go No. 1. But you also w

More...
Working...
X