• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HotOffTheWire
    RSS Feeds
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Slimmed-down Pollard sees hard work pay off

Former Clemson offensive lineman Sean Pollard trained for six weeks ahead of the Tigers’ Pro Day last Thursday at the Poe Indoor Practice Facility and feels all the work he put in paid off with a solid performance. “I think I had a good day,” he said afterward. “I’m happy with everything. As a competitor, you always want to do a little bit better. But overall, from my training numbers, what I trained for six weeks doing, I was really happy with the day I had.” Pollard recorded 21 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press, ran a 5.26 40-yard dash, and posted vertical and broad jumps of 25.5 inches and 8 feet, 3 inches, respectively. The two-time All-ACC selection cited slimming down and working on his 40-yard dash as the most challenging parts of his Pro Day prep. “Honestly, I was so heavy during the season – almost 330 – and I came in at 309 (for Pro Day),” he said. “So, just getting my body back to where I needed to, and just running the 40 … I’m not a track guy. I’m an interior guy, I’m built to do lateral mov

More...
Working...
X