• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt Dude
    Draftnik
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

2021 Draft - Late-Round Receivers

I know we've already talked a lot about wide receiver prospects in the CB thread, but I think the subject deserves its own thread. Specifically, late-round prospects, or even UDFAs, as this draft class is thick with WR talent.

Some of my favorites include bigger, more athletic receivers like Simi Fehoko, Josh Imatorbhebe, and Jonathan Adams, Jr.

But its hard to ignore the shifty lil speed demons, especially with guys like D'Wayne Eskridge, Demetric Felton, and Shi Smith lighting it up at Senior Bowl practices. And although these dudes are short (5'9ish), they're not exactly string beans. Each weighed in at about 188, about the same as Kadarius Toney.

Eskridge is a guy that I overlooked (I mean c'mon, a 5'9 kid from Western Michigan?) but since he's garnered some attention lately, I thought I'd give his tape a look. Dude's about the crispest runner I've seen in a while.

So who are the late round WR prospects you guys like? Or should we avoid drafting a WR and focus on developing the guys we drafted last year?

A case can be made either way.
    Our quarterback is a golden god.
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

4th round seems to be the sweet spot. Love Shi Smith!

A lot of my earlier mock WR's have been steadily moving up people's boards (Tylan Wallace, Sage Surratt). Lately, I've been snagging Anthony Shwartz (speed demon) in the 4th round.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
      Draftnik
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
      4th round seems to be the sweet spot. Love Shi Smith!

A lot of my earlier mock WR's have been steadily moving up people's boards (Tylan Wallace, Sage Surratt). Lately, I've been snagging Anthony Shwartz (speed demon) in the 4th round.
      The position is so deep I think there’ll be quality receivers in just about every round. I’d love a burner like Schwartz, and Shi Smith is steadily moving up boards with good Senior Bowl practices. But in the first 5 rounds I’d focus on trench players, CB, and EDGE—unless there’s a guy who’s just way too good to pass on.

It’ll be interesting to see what kind of receivers this new OC wants.
      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

Working...
      X