• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

The Falcons could actually end up being a good trade partner for us. Ninja may be onto something here. Falcons need Edge, secondary and RB especially. If they trade with us, Horn might be there at #13 for them. Several good edge rushers should be there also, not to mention RB. Edge and RB also in round 2 and 3. The the chance for an extra 2nd and 3rd rounder could be tempting for them...

atl.JPG

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2020
      • Oklahoma
      • Send PM

So pick 185 from TEN is via JAX?

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Moving all the way up to #4 overall would be a 650-point difference...that would require #13, #47, #205 and #185...would you do that deal? Mighty tempting...

chart.JPG
        Value charts be damned.

Moving up to #4 would take that much PLUS future high round draft picks. Why? Supply and demand. Other teams would throw in future 1sts, we’d have to match, and that’s just the beginning of the bidding war.

I’m not entering a bidding war for an OT if the other bidders are seeking a QB. That’s like bringing a rubber chicken to a bazooka fight.

No thanks to that.
        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

The Falcons could actually end up being a good trade partner for us. Ninja may be onto something here. Falcons need Edge, secondary and RB especially. If they trade with us, Horn might be there at #13 for them. Several good edge rushers should be there also, not to mention RB. Edge and RB also in round 2 and 3. The the chance for an extra 2nd and 3rd rounder could be tempting for them...

atl.JPG
          If ATL wants a QB they wont trade out. If they want Pitts, they wont trade out.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
            Value charts be damned.

Moving up to #4 would take that much PLUS future high round draft picks. Why? Supply and demand. Other teams would throw in future 1sts, we’d have to match, and that’s just the beginning of the bidding war.

I’m not entering a bidding war for an OT if the other bidders are seeking a QB. That’s like bringing a rubber chicken to a bazooka fight.

No thanks to that.
            Don't want to sell the farm with multiple future 1st rounders like the Niners did with the Fins...but if the only offer the Falcons get is from us for our 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 6th round picks, it might be worth a try...

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Don't want to sell the farm with multiple future 1st rounders like the Niners did with the Fins...but if the only offer the Falcons get is from us for our 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 6th round picks, it might be worth a try...
              If ATL is willing to trade out they will get better offers LOL. Thats QB territory. That isnt close to what they will get offered.

NE wants a QB bad so does Carolina though i think one of those could end up trading for Darnold and ill mention Pittsburgh.
              Maybe they trade for Darnold. Id mention Watson but he has to clear his name in the Happy Ending Gate. Pitt has been very quiet throughout this QB talk.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                Draftnik
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

If ATL is willing to trade out they will get better offers LOL. Thats QB territory. That isnt close to what they will get offered.

NE wants a QB bad so does Carolina though i think one of those could end up trading for Darnold and Pittsburgh.
                Maybe they trade for Darnold. Id mention Watson but he has to clear his name in the Happy Ending Gate. Pitt has been very quiet throughout this QB talk.
                LOL. If there’s one NFL owner who’d understand and forgive Watson’s Happy Ending Gate it’s Robert Craft. Coincidentally, he’s also looking for a franchise QB.

Maybe they have something to talk about...

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                  Draftnik
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

But seriously, let cooler heads prevail.

Sewell would be awesome, but our only legit chance is if he gets past the Bengals. Let them make their own mistake (I bet they will).

And if Sewell gets within striking distance...pounce like a jungle cat. Not like a bengal, or even a lion...like a puma—a puma with fucking rabies.

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

I recently watched a couple of Bengals games from last season and I came away thinking they really need help at the interior of the OL. The pressure up the middle on Burrows was really fast. They need to fix the iol a lot more than they need a OT.
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                      I recently watched a couple of Bengals games from last season and I came away thinking they really need help at the interior of the OL. The pressure up the middle on Burrows was really fast. They need to fix the iol a lot more than they need a OT.
                      Sounds like Slater time...

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                        I've been saying this for 5 months now.
                        They paid for Riley Reiff (only 1 year for $7.5 million). He's just a stop-gap for them... not a long-term plan.
                        If they drafted the consensus best non-QB player @#5... they'd put him at their #1 PON (LG) for a year and let him slide to OT the next year (when Reiff leaves).
                        In the 2nd round, they fill PON #2 (RG) with an Ohio State Buckeye (Wyatt Davis) and the OL fix is done. Franchise protected.

LT Williams
                        LG Sewell
                        OC Price
                        RG Davis
                        RT Reiff

QB Burrows
                        RB Mixon
                        WR Boyd
                        WR Higgins

LOL! That lineup would be dangerous...

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

BTW... I'm not using early round picks to move up to #4 or #5 (or any of the other spots 6-12).
                          We have needs: CB, S, Edge I'd like to address with those picks.
                          This is one of those rare years where PON and BPA intersect @ LT. Take Slater or Darrisaw and then move on the BPA in rounds 2-4 (4 picks).

Comment

Working...
                          X