• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Nice prospect. He’s good at snuffing run plays too.

Theres something I really like about high effort players who played on bad teams. It’s like the opponents game plan all around him and he’s still making plays. I like Dayo.
    He's pretty good all around. At 6'6" 275 he's got the frame to add 10 lbs of muscle. Could become our Michael Brockers should Tillery never reach his potential. Make guys hungry... make them compete. I fell in love with him as a 4th round projection... then he started climbing amongst "experts". Sometimes I see him mocked in the late 2nd.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

What are your thoughts about how Hamilcar Rashed played this year? Was it a fluke? He didn’t look awesome at the Senior Bowl either.
      I liked him last year when preparing for 2020 draft. He was 235 lbs. then. I didn't follow him much this year because I thought he'd be a 3-4 OLB. Then viola! we're may be transitioning to a 3-4. With no blitzing or stunting, I think the Senior Bowl was not to feature what Rashed Jr. does best... rush the passer from various spots. The same goes for Chris Rumph. I think both would excel under Staley's system. Remember, Staley has declared Murray Jr. an "off-ball" LB so we'll probably need 2 OLB pass rushers. OLB's Nwosu, Rashed, Rumph, and Lenoir would give us good depth there.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

I wouldn't worry about Hamilcar's 2020 lack of production. The whole Pac-12 wasn't even going to play. When they finally did... it was half-hearted IMO. He had 14 sacks in 2019.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
          Draftnik
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I liked him last year when preparing for 2020 draft. He was 235 lbs. then. I didn't follow him much this year because I thought he'd be a 3-4 OLB. Then viola! we're may be transitioning to a 3-4. With no blitzing or stunting, I think the Senior Bowl was not to feature what Rashed Jr. does best... rush the passer from various spots. The same goes for Chris Rumph. I think both would excel under Staley's system. Remember, Staley has declared Murray Jr. an "off-ball" LB so we'll probably need 2 OLB pass rushers. OLB's Nwosu, Rashed, Rumph, and Lenoir would give us good depth there.
          Thought Lenoir played nickel for the Ducks
          Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
            Draftnik
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

I wouldn't worry about Hamilcar's 2020 lack of production. The whole Pac-12 wasn't even going to play. When they finally did... it was half-hearted IMO. He had 14 sacks in 2019.
            If he was gonna mail it in he shoulda just opted out. I think he’ll be a very solid pro but I can’t stand that ‘half hearted’ bs
            Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

I like Rumphs tape but he is another who needs to add weight. He is only 225 lbs. Needs to add 20 minimum. He would be a devopement depth type so he has time.

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Thought Lenoir played nickel for the Ducks
                Ha! I meant Jessie Lemonier (on Chargers roster as OLB... sorry for the confusion.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I like Rumphs tape but he is another who needs to add weight. He is only 225 lbs. Needs to add 20 minimum. He would be a devopement depth type so he has time.
                  Maybe that's why he falls to later rounds. Did you ever see this breakdown on Rumph...? Seems like a Staley kinda guy.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Maybe that's why he falls to later rounds. Did you ever see this breakdown on Rumph...? Seems like a Staley kinda guy.
                    Haven't seen that particular one.
                    I was watching him a month or so ago so I've read plenty and watched the game tapes I could. Just undersized is all. Been seeing him falling lately so he would be a nice late pick. I've had him in a couple mocks I've done.

Hopefully he weighs more at his proday to show he can bulk up.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

My latest mock:

1. OT Slater/ATV Value, strategy should be questioned. They are both Guards, but you know that.
                      2. CB Tyson Campbell Poser.
                      3a 4i Dayo Odeyingbo Not enough anchor. Redundancy with JJones/Tillery on board. Coming off injury.
                      3b OLB Hamilcar Rashed Hot garbage. Cannot set EDGE.
                      3c CB Benjamin St. Juste Right player. Value questioned, as we can easily address this position later.
                      4. RB Gainwell/Sermon JJackson redux and 1/2 season flash in the pan.
                      5. WR Dez Fitzpatrick Nah.
                      6a. OLB Chris Rumph Get him at 6b.
                      6b S Ashari Crosswell Questionable instincts. Tackling too often consists of biting the ankles as they run by. Staley will not sign off on this.
                      7. ILB Derrick Barnes He's gone bro. Snooze you lose.
                      It's either pretty good, or its another one of your disaster movies.
                      I cannot decide which one.
                      One Olineman drafted SMH.
                      ​​​​Get back in the lab.
                      Be nice to Nutty, said Eye never...

Last edited by wu-dai clan; 02-16-2021, 01:37 PM.
                      You don't know ball

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

My latest mock:

1. OT Slater/ATV Value, strategy should be questioned. They are both Guards, but you know that.
                        I think you said the same thing about OBJ

2. CB Tyson Campbell Poser.
                        Just below Stokes. Doesn't get thrown at. Watch more tape (not just the Alabama tape)

3a 4i Dayo Odeyingbo Not enough anchor. Redundancy with JJones/Tillery on board. Coming off injury.
                        Forgot about the injury. He would have backed up Bosa... not Tillery/JJones.

3b OLB Hamilcar Rashed Hot garbage. Cannot set EDGE.
                        14 sacks in 2019. Put on 10lbs in 2020. 10 lbs in 2021.

3c CB Benjamin St. Juste Right player. Value questioned, as we can easily address this position later.
                        You got half of that right, anyways.

4. RB Gainwell/Sermon JJackson redux and 1/2 season flash in the pan.
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGD1t6rdlLI Vision, balance, presses the hole, and runs bigger than his weight because he stays low. Best route runner in college. Poor pass blocker... if someone designs a play where he is a pass blocker... they're as clueless as Woody.

5. WR Dez Fitzpatrick Nah.
                        Size, speed, good route runner always creates separation. D'Wayne Eskridge talent... in the 5th. Best value pick in the draft. Taking a WR early is foolish with all this talent late.

6a. OLB Chris Rumph Get him at 6b.
                        You get the nitpick award here... or is it nitwit...?

6b S Ashari Crosswell Questionable instincts. Tackling too often consists of biting the ankles as they run by. Staley will not sign off on this.
                        Probably right... I hear they teach tackling in the NFL. I was thinking ballhawk safety that could play slot. Also like Pitts Hamlin. Re-signing Rayshawn, just looking for depth.

7. ILB Derrick Barnes He's gone bro. Snooze you lose.
                        What evs... looking for LB depth.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

It's either pretty good, or its another one of your disaster movies.I have no idea what you are talking about
                          I cannot decide which one.
                          One Olineman drafted SMH.
                          I rebuilt the OL in FA. Meanwhile, you're wasting money on sub-50 draft mistakes (Tevi, Lamp, Feeney)
                          ​​​​Get back in the lab.
                          Be nice to Nutty, said Eye never...
                          Finally, a nugget of truth.
                          You should probably get to work on scouting 2022 QB's. The "Christensen Plan" will get Herbie killed.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍