• Show
Clear All
  • Maniaque 6
    French Speaking Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Québec city
    • Send PM

The QBs situation

How many QBs will be picked in the 1st ?
    The 13th spot can be very wanted if your guy is there.

• Bolt Dude
    Draftnik
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

There will be 5 QBs taken in the first, and the QB demand is greater than the supply. There could easily be a willing trade partner/partners for Mac Jones and/or Trey Lance at #13.

How willing the Chargers are depends on who’s left on their board.

In my view, if any one of the following are available at #13, we draft them and don’t think twice:

Farley, Surtain, Pitts, Slater, Chase, Sewell
    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Grist for the mill.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Grist for the mill.
        Wonder if TT is there taking a look at Radunz.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Wonder if TT is there taking a look at Radunz.
          Do you judge Radunz to be a solid Second Rounder?

Comment

• Bolt Dude
            Draftnik
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Do you judge Radunz to be a solid Second Rounder?
            Yes.

Comment

• DragonIce
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2021
              • Arizona
              • Send PM

The first five picks in 2021 draft: QB-QB-QB-QB-QB

Here's WHY my FIVE-FIRST-FORMULA will emerge as destiny, when all the pundits and mocks say otherwise.

1. The NFL prizes QBs more than ever before. Way more. Just look at the QB trades we've seen this year and even the trades declined.
              2. Quarterbacks on rookie contracts = the holy grail. Teams can do so much more w/their roster if they aren't paying $40 mil per for QB
              3. It only takes one GM to really covet Lance, one to really covet Jones...and the formula's natural juices pull the QB fat to the surface
              4. If today's GM see a guy they really like...they aren't going to sit around waiting on draft day. They'll move up and do so hard.
              5. It is in fact a very good QB class

My FIVE-FIRST-FORMULA slices, it dices. Call 1-800-FIVE-FIRST today.

Comment

• DragonIce
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2021
                • Arizona
                • Send PM

But wait there's more. Act now and you'll get 3 more reasons.

6. The value for non-needy QB teams to trade down will be overwhelming. Such teams can add first round picks, perhaps multiples and more.
                7. A frenzy is in force. Chum is in the water. There are a dozen QB needy teams and blood is in the water.
                8. The 1-2-3 portion is virtually already a lock, we only need the 4,5 dominoes to fall.

Operators are standing by. First 100 callers receive the FIVE-FIRST Formula, a Zoom palm reading of your future, and pumpkin seeks in our unique unicorn leather pouch, embroidered with the NFL logo.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post
                  The first five picks in 2021 draft: QB-QB-QB-QB-QB

Here's WHY my FIVE-FIRST-FORMULA will emerge as destiny, when all the pundits and mocks say otherwise.

1. The NFL prizes QBs more than ever before. Way more. Just look at the QB trades we've seen this year and even the trades declined.
                  2. Quarterbacks on rookie contracts = the holy grail. Teams can do so much more w/their roster if they aren't paying $40 mil per for QB
                  3. It only takes one GM to really covet Lance, one to really covet Jones...and the formula's natural juices pull the QB fat to the surface
                  4. If today's GM see a guy they really like...they aren't going to sit around waiting on draft day. They'll move up and do so hard.
                  5. It is in fact a very good QB class

My FIVE-FIRST-FORMULA slices, it dices. Call 1-800-FIVE-FIRST today.
                  My random thoughts on this:

I dont see this QB as much better than last years though it is a little better. Heres why:

Last year was:

Burrow
                  Tua
                  Herbert
                  Love
                  Hurts
                  Eason
                  Fromm
                  Morgon

This year

Lawrence
                  Fields
                  Wilson
                  Jones
                  Lance
                  Mond
                  Trask
                  Mills

As you can see it is a little better yes.

You have your top guys

Lawrence = Burrow
                  Fields = Tua
                  Wilson = Herbert tho i step below imo and i think Herbert is better
                  Lance = Love... dont like either

Mond=Hurts...Hurts imo overall can do more with his feet will be the better QB in time. Take That Chris Sims lol.

Trask >Eason
                  And then you have Mills who has a round 3-4 projection but lacks really experience in college so he is a crap shoot...IMO

So more QBs to choose from that are perhaps better because the next guy from last year is Fromm and James Morgon who i was going to comparer to Mills. Morgon was a 4th rounder(Jets). Morgon did not get into a game last season. Fromm may never play being behind Josh Allen in Buffalo. I see Mills as a backup as well. Trask, not sure....depends on where he lands.

MY POINT IS....there was not a trade frenzy last year for these QBs, ....not even in round 1. So though it is projected to be trade frenzy for QBs and it may be because of what Herbert did last season,... it isnt a given and all these trades they say there might be dont ever happen.

If it does, different year and all, it dont mean imo they will all work out and im just glad we dont need a QB and ours did work out and we didnt get Tua instead who i didnt want.

Tua still has time to grow for sure. Just that some of his Dolphin team mates havent been endorsing him like they should, doesnt fare well. He very well may pan out but i dont see him being better than Herbert.

Comment

• DragonIce
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2021
                    • Arizona
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                    Lawrence = Burrow
                    Fields = Tua
                    Wilson = Herbert tho i step below imo and i think Herbert is better
                    Lance = Love... dont like either
                    How they actually turn out, who can say?

But here's what I've heard:
                    Lawrence is #1 prospect since Luck, say many.
                    Jones > Tua say his own teammates and most folks I've read. PFF compares him to Joe Burrow.
                    Lance = Josh Allen. His speed, athleticism, arm - tools way higher than Love. Strongest arm in class. Maybe highest ceiling in class.
                    Fields... ESPN ranked him 4th of all prospects in the modern era!
                    Wilson...Many scouts say Wilson or Fields would be #1 overall pick in most any other year.

Mond, Mills, Trask...others...who knows.

Review of 2021 Elite QB class:
                    https://www.pff.com/news/draft-how-g...-talented-ever

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

How they actually turn out, who can say?

But here's what I've heard:
                      Lawrence is #1 prospect since Luck, say many.
                      Jones > Tua say his own teammates and most folks I've read. PFF compares him to Joe Burrow.
                      Lance = Josh Allen. His speed, athleticism, arm - tools way higher than Love. Strongest arm in class. Maybe highest ceiling in class.
                      Fields... ESPN ranked him 4th of all prospects in the modern era!
                      Wilson...Many scouts say Wilson or Fields would be #1 overall pick in most any other year.

Mond, Mills, Trask...others...who knows.

Review of 2021 Elite QB class:
                      https://www.pff.com/news/draft-how-g...-talented-ever
                      Well it's PFF, take it with a grain of salt is my opinion. They have more bullshit rankings/stats than not.

Since Herbert bested Luck as a rookie I'd say we have the best QB since Luck which nobody predicted, including me and this board.

We'll see about Lawrence and that Luck statement.

As usual I just think some of these QBs are being over hyped. I don't see much difference of Lance and Love except Lance played in a easier conference.

Word is he didn't even have that great a pro day but I didn't watch it.

To me Jones is better than Tua but not Burrow. I don't think Lawrence is better than Burrow.

Im just saying there very well may be a trading up for QBs frenzy but won't be surprised if there isn't. Didn't happen last year at all.

However, some QBs changed teams this year and the Patriots aren't sticking with Cam.
                      I think Darnold was just on a shit team with a shit HC. He may be staying.
                      Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-28-2021, 02:58 PM.

Comment

• DragonIce
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2021
                        • Arizona
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                        I don't usually go by what PFF says so reading that will do nothing for me. They have more bullshit rankings/stats than not.
                        Keep in mind...most NFL teams pay a lot of money to PFF for their consulting and data. You can't say the same about a lot of other opinions.

Comment

Working...
                        X