• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TexanBeerlover
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2021
    • Send PM

We all understand this is pure fantasy mock without consequences in real life, for entertainment purposes only. I know I’ve enjoyed being part of this group even though if it’s been only short while.

My philosophy doing mock drafts is to let board fall where it will and select BPA @ position of need. This year for Chargers they can’t risk trading out of #13 unless top 3 tackles are off the board, most likely Darrisaw and TT has to select him. Chargers need best available, plug and play LT period.

Seattle - Have three picks in 2021 Draft and only able to select one #56. James Hudson, LT, Cincinnati 6046 313lbs.

I realize he didn’t test well or have high RAS score, but love his tape. His arm length is only 33” but his hands are large over 10 1/2” and he uses every inch of it in pass pro, actually as good in technique as Darrisaw, he just lacks measurable. However, one thing he does exceptionally well besides pass pro is he finishes plays/player he is engaged with. Might seem like reach here, but the plug and play, technically sound LT prospects were off the board (others still on the board more projects).

Very familiar with Duane Brown, one of the better draft selections in Texan history, think he was graded in 2nd rd. But Houston needed a LT and he was best available still on board. Worked out really well I’d say and that’s who James Hudson comp to me is. More compact physical tackle with good feet and nasty disposition. Projected this will be Duane Browns last season, with Wilson or not, Seattle would be wise to groom his successor. Remember Brown had to start his rookie season and struggled, wasn’t until year two he blossomed into the franchise LT hoped for when selected. Felt this was opportunity for Seattle to address this critical need moving forward and excellent spot for Hudson to land.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

I thought La Costa Boy did a real nice job of GMing, especially for LVR. Classic pieces for Gruden/gusD.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2021
        • Send PM

I see Popper took Golden Domer, OG Aaron Banks 6-5 325.

understandably get the strong sense, his schools track record unfavorable around here. The other point Popper brings up is thought Chargers want to get bigger up front. However you open yourself up here, to get beat with speed and his lack of mobility, foot speed, especially in pass pro, negating improvement @ LT just to name a few. The bigger, stronger free agent signings are all pretty quick and technically sound in pass pro. So of the one gripe I have, not position but player with Popper Banks would not be my pick. Feel Chargers could wait on OG here and find a gem to develop later round (4th/5th) that has size/length box checked off but the athletic ability to be a solid pass protector as well.

He mentioned Edge Rusher, but options limited. Would assume Payton Turner is off his board #77 I selected him #67 for the Texans but then he has Melifonwu #47 and WU got him #77, I don’t know just saying, maybe Payton is there? That would be my target for the Chargers and know they like him.

Addressing OG in 3rd I like Jackson Carmen better than Banks. Really fluid with tackle experience/versatility.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
          Pretty much retired......
          • Sep 2018
          • JoJa
          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
          I thought La Costa Boy did a real nice job of GMing, especially for LVR. Classic pieces for Gruden/gusD.
          Well, thank you......that's high praise coming from such an astute member of Charger fan royalty. I enjoyed those 3 rounds immensely and I loved watching the thought processes of the other GM's play out in their picks. I cannot wait to go live on Thursday and hear that Telasco has traded all the way out of the first round and that we now have a gazillion picks in R2 - 4.

Cheers!!!!

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Well, thank you......that's high praise coming from such an astute member of Charger fan royalty. I enjoyed those 3 rounds immensely and I loved watching the thought processes of the other GM's play out in their picks. I cannot wait to go live on Thursday and hear that Telasco has traded all the way out of the first round and that we now have a gazillion picks in R2 - 4.

Cheers!!!!
            Agree although I thought Fehoko was a little bit of a reach the rest of your pics were great and I hope Mayock I don't pick that well lol.
            11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
            35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
            37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
            66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
            69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
            100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
            110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
            140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
            181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
            225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Bolt Dude
              Draftnik
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

New York Jets

Preamble:
              I've gone on record in this forum that I do not like Zach Wilson. It's hard to qualify because he has some elite traits. Maybe it's his bitch-boy face or his pencil neck. For whatever reason, he rubs me the wrong way. My claim is that Wilson is this year's Josh Rosen. As with Rosen, I question Wilson's toughness, decision making, and most importantly, his arrogance. For those reasons I selected the only QB I like not named Trevor Lawrence.

#2 - Trey Lance. Highly athletic, but developmental QB that will show growing pains in year 1....but he will not be a bust.

#20 - Jaelan Philips. If we're being honest, I wanted Kwity Paye at this spot, but the Dolphins nabbed him at #18. Surprised he lasted that long. Also surprised Philips was on the board at #20. If it weren't for his concussion history, I'd have him as DE1. Perfect fit for a 4-3. With Philips the Jets DL is scary: Lawson and Philips on the edges -- Rankins and Q. Williams in the gut. Now that's formidable. 3 of 4 are 1st rounders.

#23 - Najee Harris. I've got Najee as RB1 and I consider him one of the safest prospects in the draft. He's a complete back with tangible NFL skills. Considering the Jets already have an elite LT in Mekhi Becton, giving Trey Lance a power runner is the best thing for his development. Besides, who else is on the roster? Tevin Coleman and Ty Johnson? This was a huge need regardless of who's playing QB.

#77 - Ifeatu Melifonwu. Getting Melifonwu in the 3rd round was a steal. Some pundits mock him in the late-1st. Great value and fills another huge need. Easy plug and play starter.

#107 - Hunter Long. Another great value pick in the 4th. Chose Long over Brevin Jordan because of his size and blocking ability. He's less flashy, but more dependable. And a dependable TE is a rookie QB's best friend.

Surrounding Trey Lance with Najee Harris and Hunter Long was critical.

Adding J. Philips and Melifonwu to the defense injects nastiness and high-level athleticism.

A win-win on both sides of the ball.

Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

I don't know about Wilson but I think Lance will be the bust. Agree Wilson will struggle as a rookie and we'll see if he will be more than mediocre in a few years.

Lol, he does have that girly face

​​​​​​
                11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                  Draftnik
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                  I don't know about Wilson but I think Lance will be the bust. Agree Wilson will struggle as a rookie and we'll see if he will be more than mediocre in a few years.

Lol, he does have that girly face

​​​​​​
                  I’m going off a gut instinct. Lance has a lot of question marks, but he is a solidly built athlete. A lot depends on the team that drafts him and how they chose to develop him. I’m thinking Lance goes to the 49ers, which would be the ideal situation. Patriots would also work.
                  Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Caslon
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2019
                    • Send PM

TT had to draft a QB to succeed Rivers. Besides that pick, has TT ever followed the overall consensus at picking his number one? Which one? Memory escapes me. James?

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Denver

Micah Parsons * much prefer Zaven over this guy, but Elway and other GMs obviously prefer speed, of which Parsons has in spades
                      Joe Tryon * an edge guy to hedge Von Miller
                      Alim McNeill * if you're gonna run a 3-4, you've just got to have one of the big guys to make things work
                      Trey Sermon * little bit redundant to their backfield, but no fan of MG3

Washington

Zaven Collins * Rivera built his D in Carolina w/back 2 back IDL, which he has already in DC, and then he followed that up w/Kuechly, hence my belief that Collins would be a welcome addition in the Capitol City
                      Trey Smith * got a soft spot for this guy, and in no way am I apprehensive 'bout his bill of health, as think he'll hold up for a long fair bit in this League
                      Elijah Molden * not my guy, but a slot to fill their need there
                      Divine Deablo * the La Costa Raiders moved in front of us here to nab my guy Nasirildeen, so went Ninjadamus and nabbed the next best thing, according to our board czar

Green Bay

Kadarius Toney * gotta say eye really like Rondale Moore as well, and fear the day we have to face him, and my Pack friend wants Newsome, but think Toney is real value here
                      Josh Myers * seem to be on an island in favor of this guy, and Green Bay claims to be ok in the pivot, but I like their resources/lineup better w/Myers in the mix
                      Tyler Shelvin * w/Alim McNeill off the board, still wanted a foul weather big boy for their 3-4, and hopefully Kenny Clark can play end for them
                      Shaun Wade * big pressure from Pack fan for a boundary and slot corner, and think this guy is gonna excel @the latter
                      Josh Ball * saw Thor had him in the nineties, and hoping Telesco would consider him @97 if still on the board
                      RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Our drafters did well.

1st 3 off the board QBs not same order for #2 and #3
                        but we're 1st 3 off the board same prospects.

and other than the Raiders real draft selection of Leatherwood.....seems like our drafters had 1st rd grades similar to the NFL scouts and front offices.

:beer:
                        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2021
                          • Send PM

Addressing OG in 3rd I like Jackson Carmen better than Banks. Really fluid with tackle experience/versatility.Addressing OG in 3rd I like Jackson Carmen better than Banks. Jesus just noticed he went #47 to Bengals. Lol

Comment

Working...
                          X