• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
    Watching a ton of ACC football and can’t believe that Khalil Herbert and Paris Ford are still out there. Maybe teams are put off by Herberts 6 toes on left foot.
    There was a dude in the Bible with 6 toes on his feet:

"And there was yet a battle in Gath, where was a man of great stature, that had on every hand six fingers, and on every foot six toes, four and twenty in number; and he also was born to the giant." --2 Samuel 21:20

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

trey smith must be a DND
      sorry for him
      i'm sure many clubs want him as an UDFA
      G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

There was a dude in the Bible with 6 toes on his feet:

"And there was yet a battle in Gath, where was a man of great stature, that had on every hand six fingers, and on every foot six toes, four and twenty in number; and he also was born to the giant." --2 Samuel 21:20
        Chicago drafted him

Comment

• Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Addae was just not that great a player period.

You don't even know how fast Nasirildeen is. He didn't run at his pro day because of am alledged hamstring strain. But between 4.5 -4.6, that's good enough safety speed. And thats your reason for passing on him.

I wouldn't mind any of the three safeties I've mentioned earlier.which included him.
          I find it funny when a player suddenly alleges injury to avoid running the 40, but still participates in the vertical leap, which he performed poorly (32 inches) relative to top NFL prospects. That is a red flag in and of itself.

I suspect that he runs between 4.6 and 4.7 and no, I do not want that out of a FS. I think if we were drafting more of a box safety or LB/S, I could live with that, but otherwise, I would prefer to pass when more athletic players are on the board. And the two players I preferred, Sterns and Gillespie, were in fact drafted before Nasirildeen.

Comment

• Charge!
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Your argument is flawed. You do not take 5.08 seconds and say that if Rivers could play well at QB while running that slow, so could prospect X. Once in a blue moon that holds true. Most of the time, a slower player will not produce like Ed Reed did. And the game has changed some even since Ed Reed entered the league with an increased premium on speed.

We recently saw what Addae could not do because of his lack of speed. It is better to avoid that unless the player's other characteristics are off the charts good.

Give me the athlete almost every time. I would rather an athlete get coached up than a player learn to run two tenths of a second faster at the NFL level (which is not happening).

In late rounds, players with athletic traits that underachieved are the perfect picks.
            makes sense..... late picks should be spent on guys with some kind of exceptional skill or trait..... speed, size... etc.... teach them to play football better

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
              "Roundtree" ?

:mcnugget:

Isn't that the man who played
              John Shaft in the movies ?
              Yep...Larry "Shaft" Roundtree shall shortly be entered into the Bolt Nickname thread...

shaft.JPG

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I find it funny when a player suddenly alleges injury to avoid running the 40, but still participates in the vertical leap, which he performed poorly (32 inches) relative to top NFL prospects. That is a red flag in and of itself.

I suspect that he runs between 4.6 and 4.7 and no, I do not want that out of a FS. I think if we were drafting more of a box safety or LB/S, I could live with that, but otherwise, I would prefer to pass when more athletic players are on the board. And the two players I preferred, Sterns and Gillespie, were in fact drafted before Nasirildeen.
                even worse than slow time might be that he did not stay in shape, work out, etc....meaning he does not want it bad enough to stay in shape.... so maybe he was afraid to test slower than his previous time which was not great?

Comment

• electricgold
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2020
                  • Send PM

IS there a chance we could get RB Jaret Patterson or TE Pro Wells with our last pick or as free agents both are still on the board?

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

My positional guess for pick #241 is safety or cornerback.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Charger Grades are in. Day Three has been about as much fun as getting laid at a family reunion.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                        trey smith must be a DND
                        sorry for him
                        i'm sure many clubs want him as an UDFA
                        wrong again sir
                        officially the enemy
                        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Chiefs pick Trey Smith. Best value of the entire draft if he is healthy.

Comment

Working...
                          X