• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Yeah, #17 Alex Leatherwood set the world on fire last year...
    Alex Leatherhead is the kind of pick that’ll get a guy fired around here.
    Of course, the entire universe saw that one ahead of time. Well, the universe minus one guy
    RIP

(edit: yes, i called him leatherhead, though i thought about going with leadfeet).
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Fleet 1
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Kauai
      • Send PM

I know a couple of you would hate this pic. lol But the edit turned out nice.

Comment

• electricgold
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Looks good to me! Jordan Davis or Trevor Penning at #17...

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

No one would care if he turns out great or even very good. The problem is that I don’t think he can.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
            Grammar Police
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

If he gets down to 320 how fast and athlete will he be? I bet he has better stamina at 320 too...
            Go Rivers!

Comment

• Fleet 1
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Kauai
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

No one would care if he turns out great or even very good. The problem is that I don’t think he can.
              I worry about the snaps. I wonder if there is a fitness issue.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

Would Devonte Wyatt be a better choice ya think?

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

I worry about the snaps. I wonder if there is a fitness issue.
                  I worry about laziness factor.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Did we learn nothing from Tillery? Taking plays off is about as coachable as penalties (Penning).

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Slot CB please. This trencher is getting his big uglies later...

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

I tried to buy into Davis at 17 but really don't see him making many impact plays.
                        rather get Goldman for nothing and target a premium position.
                        Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

2022 NFL Mock Draft: Seahawks move up to select Malik Willis; Jordan Davis a risk or reward?

By Tom Fornelli

Mar 11, 2022 at 8:49 am ET1 min read

What do you do with Jordan Davis? Davis had been one of my favorite players to watch at the college level this past season because he was the freakiest of all on a Georgia defense full of future NFL players. Human beings of Davis' size and stature are not supposed to move the way he does, and nothing he did at the combine surprised me.

But what's his draft value? As incredible as he is, Davis plays a position that has evolved in recent seasons, and his strengths don't quite play to what the NFL is these days. Whereas an athletic freak who can take away an opponent's interior run game on his own will always have value, if you draft Davis in the first round, you're anticipating he'll be able to develop into a better pass rusher. The ideal NFL defensive tackle is one in the Aaron Donald mold. Somebody who doesn't just destroy a run game but can collapse the pocket from the interior on his own and get to the quarterback. Davis' sacks are often the result of pressure from one of Georgia's edge rushers forcing a QB up in the pocket into his waiting arms.

So the question becomes, would you rather use a first-round pick on Davis or a second-round pick on somebody like his Georgia teammate Devonte Wyatt? Wyatt's stock rose at the combine, but he's not seen as a surefire first-rounder. He's stout against the run, and has shown a greater propensity for getting after the QB. That said, if you're a team like the Los Angeles Chargers, and you believe using your first on Davis solves one of your greatest weaknesses (your run defense), then taking Davis makes more sense.

It will be interesting to see how teams approach this question and Jordan Davis. Spoiler alert: I have the Chargers pulling the trigger on him at No. 17 in this mock. As for everybody else, well, just keep reading.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X