• Show
Clear All
  • JOJAX85
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2018
    • Irmo, SC
    • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

I wanna roll with KA till' the wheels fall off.
    Me, too, but he certainly needs to be more focused this year. All the drops last year was very unlike him.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
      Gonna be some cap pain in 2 years. But lets not talk about that right now.
      In 2 years, after back to back SB wins, Mack and KA take their 2 rings apiece, and 40-50 plus million combined price tag, and ride of into the sunset.. see? No pain. And now you pay Herbert...and use the increased cap to resign who you want to keep....its easy! I shoulda been a capologist....How much did Ed McQuire make doing this?:biggrin:
      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Hard Charger
        Chargers fan since 1977!
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I sooooo hope we draft Araiza and I don’t care where we can get him as long as it’s reasonable.

Go Bolts!!!

HC

Comment

• AK47
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

Me, too, but he certainly needs to be more focused this year. All the drops last year was very unlike him.
          Simply needs to go back to the basics. Still has superior route running and size vs CBs. Recorded most receptions in a season in 2021 while recording most drops.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

NFL free agency 2022: How Chargers' signing of J.C. Jackson, big start to offseason alters their draft plans

How have the Chargers draft plans changed after making big moves on the veteran market?

By Chris Trapasso
            9 hrs ago 2 min read

For the Chargers, re-signing Mike Williams and trading for Khalil Mack wasn't enough.
            They spent like they had a wallet full of gift cards at the start of free agency on Monday. Top cornerback J.C. Jackson was added. To help repair the shoddy run defense were the acquisitions of Austin Johnson and Super Bowl champion Sebastian Joseph-Day.
            The flurry of moves will have a sizable impact on how the Chargers attack the 2022 draft. Let's pinpoint how the Chargers draft plans have drastically changed over the past two weeks.

Jordan Davis very unlikely to be the pick in Round 1

Before the start of free agency, there was growing collective desire within NFL Twitter for the gigantic Georgia nose tackle to land on what was a shaky-at-best run defense in Los Angeles.

After Davis' awe-inspiring combine, No. 17 overall felt like the ideal draft-pick ceiling for him. But after two defensive tackle signings on the opening day of free agency, Davis to the Chargers is suddenly unlikely.
            Could GM Tom Telesco be so ticked about how porous his club's run-stopping efforts were a season ago that he triples down on the interior of his defensive line this offseason? I guess. But there are other holes to fill, those that directly impact Justin Herbert, the most vital Chargers employee.
            The path has been paved for a first-round offensive lineman...

Possible picks: Northern Iowa OT Trevor Penning, Central Michigan OT Bernhard Raimann, Boston College OG Zion Johnson

The right tackle position held back the Chargers as much as any other in 2021, and the team was still on the cusp of the postseason.
            Given the defensive additions, and securing Williams, the Chargers are likely to be zeroing on a blocker to bookend Rashawn Slater, who was tremendous as a rookie in 2021. Los Angeles is set at left tackle with Slater, at center with Corey Linsley, and at left guard with Matt Feiler.
            The right side of the line? Not so much.
            There's a possible dilemma though. No. 17 overall is not exactly a sweet spot for a litany of top-tier offensive linemen to be available. The tackle position is top-heavy with Evan Neal from Alabama, NC State's Ikem Ekwonu, and Mississippi State's Charles Cross. All should be gone inside the top 10.

Penning or Raimann are possibilities who shouldn't be viewed as mega reaches if either are the selection. And Johnson from Boston College is viewed as the consensus top guard. No. 17 overall is probably his ceiling.

...or a linebacker

Possible selections: Utah LB Devin Lloyd, Georgia LB Nakobe Dean
            Kyzir White is a free agent, and we don't know his destination at time of publication. It could be back with the Chargers. If it's not, Los Angeles will have a renovation ahead at the linebacker position, even after selecting Kenneth Murray in Round 1 of the 2020 draft.
            Murray has largely been a disappointment, and White had emerged as the lone consistent playmaker in the linebacker contingent, with Drue Tranquill occasionally chipping in. With the Rams, Brandon Staley had one of the best defenses in football without an established star at linebacker, but if there's an offseason emphasis on fixing the run defense, the linebacker spot simply can't be ignored.

Johnson and Joseph-Day are solid players, but they aren't Aaron Donald and Michael Brockers up front.

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
              NFL free agency 2022: How Chargers' signing of J.C. Jackson, big start to offseason alters their draft plans

How have the Chargers draft plans changed after making big moves on the veteran market?

By Chris Trapasso
              9 hrs ago 2 min read

For the Chargers, re-signing Mike Williams and trading for Khalil Mack wasn't enough.
              They spent like they had a wallet full of gift cards at the start of free agency on Monday. Top cornerback J.C. Jackson was added. To help repair the shoddy run defense were the acquisitions of Austin Johnson and Super Bowl champion Sebastian Joseph-Day.
              The flurry of moves will have a sizable impact on how the Chargers attack the 2022 draft. Let's pinpoint how the Chargers draft plans have drastically changed over the past two weeks.

Jordan Davis very unlikely to be the pick in Round 1

Before the start of free agency, there was growing collective desire within NFL Twitter for the gigantic Georgia nose tackle to land on what was a shaky-at-best run defense in Los Angeles.

After Davis' awe-inspiring combine, No. 17 overall felt like the ideal draft-pick ceiling for him. But after two defensive tackle signings on the opening day of free agency, Davis to the Chargers is suddenly unlikely.
              Could GM Tom Telesco be so ticked about how porous his club's run-stopping efforts were a season ago that he triples down on the interior of his defensive line this offseason? I guess. But there are other holes to fill, those that directly impact Justin Herbert, the most vital Chargers employee.
              The path has been paved for a first-round offensive lineman...

Possible picks: Northern Iowa OT Trevor Penning, Central Michigan OT Bernhard Raimann, Boston College OG Zion Johnson

The right tackle position held back the Chargers as much as any other in 2021, and the team was still on the cusp of the postseason.
              Given the defensive additions, and securing Williams, the Chargers are likely to be zeroing on a blocker to bookend Rashawn Slater, who was tremendous as a rookie in 2021. Los Angeles is set at left tackle with Slater, at center with Corey Linsley, and at left guard with Matt Feiler.
              The right side of the line? Not so much.
              There's a possible dilemma though. No. 17 overall is not exactly a sweet spot for a litany of top-tier offensive linemen to be available. The tackle position is top-heavy with Evan Neal from Alabama, NC State's Ikem Ekwonu, and Mississippi State's Charles Cross. All should be gone inside the top 10.

Penning or Raimann are possibilities who shouldn't be viewed as mega reaches if either are the selection. And Johnson from Boston College is viewed as the consensus top guard. No. 17 overall is probably his ceiling.

...or a linebacker

Possible selections: Utah LB Devin Lloyd, Georgia LB Nakobe Dean
              Kyzir White is a free agent, and we don't know his destination at time of publication. It could be back with the Chargers. If it's not, Los Angeles will have a renovation ahead at the linebacker position, even after selecting Kenneth Murray in Round 1 of the 2020 draft.
              Murray has largely been a disappointment, and White had emerged as the lone consistent playmaker in the linebacker contingent, with Drue Tranquill occasionally chipping in. With the Rams, Brandon Staley had one of the best defenses in football without an established star at linebacker, but if there's an offseason emphasis on fixing the run defense, the linebacker spot simply can't be ignored.

Johnson and Joseph-Day are solid players, but they aren't Aaron Donald and Michael Brockers up front.
              This is pretty much where I am currently at with the draft now....save I would take Green over Zion Johnson, though I like them both...but I still wouldn't take DT off the table...I still have Davis in my cluster. SJD is your 3 tech, sure, but Johnson is just solid, and if they are in love with Jordan Davis, I could see them pulling the trigger. He is at the bottom of my cluster, but still definitely in it.

WR wouldn't shock me, but as I have said before, we have a good group, and although KA is nearing the end, he is still very much a part of this team, so we have a draft or two to further address that position, IMO.
              Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Highboltage
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

The Chargers have released veteran offensive tackle Bryan Bulaga.The move, which had been widely expected, became official today.Bulaga’s release creates $10.75 million in salary cap space for the Chargers.Although the Chargers once thought Bulaga was going to be a major part of their offense going forward, signing him to a three-year, $30 million contract in [more]

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
                  Devin Lloyd in play? RT? WR? OG?
                  I just don’t see a high pick spent on a LB due to Staley’s scheme. He seems to value DBs much much more. Not seeing the value of WR either in the first.

Comment

• equivocation
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2021
                    • Send PM

I think a pure speed rusher is in play. He won't have to be an every down player this year but will get sub and pass rush line reps and work under two great vets. We won't have Mack and Bosa both for very long. Someone like Ojabo.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kauai
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I just don’t see a high pick spent on a LB due to Staley’s scheme. He seems to value DBs much much more. Not seeing the value of WR either in the first.
                      Probably happen now.. You also didnt see the vet pass rusher did you? Wink

Comment

• Fleet 1
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kauai
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                        I think a pure speed rusher is in play. He won't have to be an every down player this year but will get sub and pass rush line reps and work under two great vets. We won't have Mack and Bosa both for very long. Someone like Ojabo.
                        Bosa inside with Mack and Johnson off the edge? The things we could do now with Joeys versatility excite me. I think we move him around a lot.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Probably happen now.. You also didnt see the vet pass rusher did you? Wink
                          No, I didn’t lol.

Comment

Working...
                          X