• Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Please elaborate?
    for myself, there are things like spatial awareness, how they carry themselves on and off the field, their mindset, how they relate to other players/peoples, how they represent the franchise/team, the things that are really hard to come to a conclusion empirically.... things you just have to have a sense of, or what alotta peoples call the "it" factor.

remember reading someone talking about Brady coming out, and a coach or scout (don't recall), and them remarking about how Brady basically had a sixth sense of what was happening downfield when he was making plays.... he was just tuned in on a different level than alotta others on the field.

don't get that sense w/Green, but do think Zion has an elevated sense about himself that will show itself on the field and make him a better/safer gambit than Green, not to mention prefer a LG and pass blocker, than RG and run blocker.... what's your take on things ??
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

I can see you debating Jefferson, but Seay?!? Gimme a break! The only thing Seay had that Guyton doesn't is a bullet in his chest!
      When Guyton has a more productive season than Seay has had them I'll revisit. Seay has a 58 and a 45 catch season with us with 6 and 3 TDs. Guytons season high is 31, w/ 3 and 3.

Granted Seay wasn't great by any means but Guyton is just faster is all and likely will be the #4 WR next season giving way to Palmer. Possibly 5th if we draft another early.

It isn't even close between Guyton and Jefferson. He has 470 NFL receptions. There's no debate there.
      Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-16-2022, 12:08 AM.

Comment

• Fleet 1
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Kauai
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I'm having a bad day today so I don't have the energy to have a long debate about it. I simply would prefer our pick at 17 would play a position where he can be a starter.
        Praying for comfort bro. Hang in there.

Comment

• Parcells
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

First I apologize for being glib. The Band was an important band in early Rock and I 100% know who they are. I was just jesting that despite several important songs and the many 70s artists who were inspired by them - the common person on the street has zero idea who they were, that such a named band ever existed, or what songs were theirs. No offense to Band fans anywhere, it was just a joke and this sad fate of history is certainly not my fault. I was just a kid, i tell ya!

They were not appreciated in the way of Zep, Rush or Genesis (or post-Gen Phil himself)
          The Weight is a top 25 all time song in the history of rock on my list. Another one I really like of theirs is Atlantic City, which is a cover of the Springsteen song. Uses the same lyrics, but has a very different sound from the original.

A couple fun facts on The Band:
          1. They were originally called The Hawks.
          2. Their big break was backing up Bob Dylan on his controversial first electric tour.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I've always valued pass rushers over CB's. However, with the new evolving offenses... shorter routes and the passing game becoming an extension of the running game... and all of the new requirements heaped upon DB's.... that philosophy may change.
            Me too. 1 pass rusher can help 4 (5? 6?) DBs. with no rush, there has never been a DB alive that could cover NFL WRs forever and certainly not 4 DBs on the same field at the same time.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

for myself, there are things like spatial awareness, how they carry themselves on and off the field, their mindset, how they relate to other players/peoples, how they represent the franchise/team, the things that are really hard to come to a conclusion empirically.... things you just have to have a sense of, or what alotta peoples call the "it" factor.

remember reading someone talking about Brady coming out, and a coach or scout (don't recall), and them remarking about how Brady basically had a sixth sense of what was happening downfield when he was making plays.... he was just tuned in on a different level than alotta others on the field.

don't get that sense w/Green, but do think Zion has an elevated sense about himself that will show itself on the field and make him a better/safer gambit than Green, not to mention prefer a LG and pass blocker, than RG and run blocker.... what's your take on things ??
              No question I’d take zion over green everyday of the week and twice on sundays. I wouldn’t describe zion as a pass blocking guard because he’s a solid run blocker too. The guy is excellent at both pass and run blocking. Green was originally projected in the top ten but the pre draft process has knocked him down a bit. Now I’m consistently seeing green mocked in the mid 20s. Zion is climbing and green dropping…
              "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

Appreciate you for your response and all you add to the Chargers Board, especially draft talk and your analysis.

Both Zion and Kenyon are projected to LG. Whether Chargers prefer to put them on left side and move Feiler to RT (Kenyon has better tape at tackle than Feiler or Zion) regardless both can play 4 positions w/center also option.

Kenyon is here in Houston over in Cyprus training with “All In” (Not related to Chargers slogan but oddly same message, Staley has to love that) and he admits to not having a good combine and was much improved A&M Pro-Day. However, according to reports, based mostly off drills, three cone and shuttle, looking more fit and cut. Willing to take Center snaps (I’m thinking this is a Cowboy -Jerry Jones target).

Green comes from the Houston area just like Slater. High football intelligence, work ethic and humble (from Humble Texas). Not sure where aggressive football side stems from something he shares with Ikem Ekwonu (also close size wise). He is clean, bright young man, while he won’t blow you away behind the microphone like Zion, he will blow you away on the line, wherever you plug and play him. Adds another OL foundation piece with Slater to ensure Herbert is protected, sacrificing own glory for teammates around him.

Went Green over Zion because one is availability, he should still be on the board, two adds more physical presence on OL, thicker, wider frame, natural knee bender and three, more of a mover & enforcer.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                  Fluent in Sarcasm
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Iowa
                  • Man of the People
                  • Send PM

Saw someone describe Zion as the OG version of Slater and I was sold. He just doesn’t have bad tape, his blown block rate last year was .3%, he averaged 1 sack allowed per season at BC, and he can play all 3 interior spots although LG is his best fit. Green can maybe play RT in the NFL, that’s the only way in which I see him as having an advantage over Zion. Zion is ahead of trench guys like Penning, Wyatt, and Davis for me.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

I'm sorry, I'm going to need you to issue a chart if I'm going to keep up with your name carousel.
                    Launchwhiffy = Jaleel Addae, due to his frequently launching himself at opposing ballcarriers, and whiffing...

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

The Weight is a top 25 all time song in the history of rock on my list. Another one I really like of theirs is Atlantic City, which is a cover of the Springsteen song. Uses the same lyrics, but has a very different sound from the original.

A couple fun facts on The Band:
                      1. They were originally called The Hawks.
                      2. Their big break was backing up Bob Dylan on his controversial first electric tour.
                      Yep, remember that. A lot of music "purists" bashed Dylan for going electric in that 1972 tour. However, after his first electric set backed by the Band, Dylan grabbed his acoustic guitar for his second set, initially holding it up to the roar of the crowd...good times...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

One hour of DBs under the microscope. Top tier info, including talent level, skillsets and scheme fits.
                        These are draft experts.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

I can’t see TT going OG before OT, CB and WR. Maybe if we trade down in the first. Then they show up as BPA.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X