2022 OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAY 1 - WHO YA GONNA PICK?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

QSmokey gets it!

No matter which WR you draft @#17, they'd only be the 4th/5th target... behind KA, MW, AE, and maybe TE Everett.
    The Super Bowl push starts the day after the draft. Find 2 players in the 1st and 3rd that are going to help you make that run.
    RT/CB/S make sense to me. If we're still Jonesing for a WR... get him in the 4th. There will be speedy guys there.
    You can literally make this argument for any position by pointing out it's limitations and saying you can get...
    a big RT in the 4th
    Or
    Fast CB in the 4th
    Or
    Great tackling S in the 4th

And this doesn't address the arguments being made for WR at all, at least not mine. Haven't seen one post by anyone saying Jameson would be the most targeted weapon.
    it's the effect he has on the offense and on Herbert that will justify his draft position, not mention the actual points scored.
    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
      Beef Before Gazelles
      • May 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

You can literally make this argument for any position by pointing out it's limitations and saying you can get...
      a big RT in the 4th
      Or
      Fast CB in the 4th
      Or
      Great tackling S in the 4th

And this doesn't address the arguments being made for WR at all, at least not mine. Haven't seen one post by anyone saying Jameson would be the most targeted weapon.
      it's the effect he has on the offense and on Herbert that will justify his draft position, not mention the actual points scored.
      While we're at it, let's invest a #1 in Herbert's heir. Hey, you never know when he might go down with an injury, and the Bolts would need a future hall-of-famer already on hand to replace him! <snork!>

Sorry. Couldn't say it with a straight face.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

While we're at it, let's invest a #1 in Herbert's heir. Hey, you never know when he might go down with an injury, and the Bolts would need a future hall-of-famer already on hand to replace him! <snork!>

Sorry. Couldn't say it with a straight face.
        Probably because it's not the same at all and you failed at mocking my position.
        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• electricgold
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
          I’m sticking with Trevor Penning or Jordan Davis.

That’s who draft pundits originally projected and I still like them.

Let’s just say, I’m not as easily influenced as most around here who change their selection more often than underwear.
          Its hard to lock on to a player because we have no idea how things play out to 17. Either Trevor Penning or Jordan Davis for sure would address what we need.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Its hard to lock on to a player because we have no idea how things play out to 17. Either Trevor Penning or Jordan Davis for sure would address what we need.
            Really is the craziest draft for us since forever:

Middle of the round, no generational talent anywhere, sucky QBs we have no idea when they might get picked, no real reason for any team to trade one way or the other unless it’s for an undisclosed crush, no real need that can’t be addressed later or even in FA after the draft. We don’t have a second but does it matter that much in this draft? I guess, but likely not at the cost of passing at a top talent that drops to us. Legit cases have been made for going in just about every direction discussed. I have no idea what will happen I just hope we get a good player tomorrow and no one pokes out their or anyone else’s eyes.

Comment

• Rambler
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • No Cal
              • Civil Research Attorney
              • Send PM

Kaiir Elam, cornerback, Florida. Has size and speed, which makes him more attractive than another small corner (we already have Samuel, which would make a McDuffie redundant). Stingley will be long gone (rumors are at #3). Elam was likely to go late first/early second, but rumor has it he is climbing up the boards. Just a guess, after seeing how interested the team seemed to be in Stingley, that they are looking for a tall cornerback with proven production in a big conference who can play man.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                Beef Before Gazelles
                • May 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Probably because it's not the same at all and you failed at mocking my position.
                Seriously, no offense intended. I'm just saying that you can't be adequately stocked everywhere all at once.

Drafting Jameson would help prepare the team for the departures of Keenan and Mike down the line-- which is great, and foresight-ful, if you don't have other pressing needs.

But I don't believe that there's a more pressing need than protecting Justin Herbert, so positioning the team to finish the rebuild of the O-line is Job #1, IMO.

Job #2 is (again, in my opinion) finishing the overhaul of the run defense. A Front 7 defender who would complete that job would be a hugely important add.

Job #3 is reinforcing the d-backfield. IMO, the investment in Justin Jackson pretty much ensures that Telesco goes somewhere other than d-backfield at #17.

If Jameson Williams is there at #17, I'd support the idea of trading down, acquiring a 3rd rounder in the process, and then selecting ZIon Johnson or Kenyon Green from the later slot.

Because unless you think Jameson Williams is the next Jerry Rice, he's not the guy who would contribute most to making the Chargers a better team.

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

I know it is not going to be popular, but it is going to depend on the 16 picks in front of us. If all the .... fill in the blank position .... go in a run before we pick, then who we WANT doesn't matter. The pick will be someone who is left. It's not really up to us.

Comment

• electricgold
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2020
                    • Send PM

Looking forward to ROO starting the draft thread TOMORROW and getting his take on who we pick... Fingers crossed we get a great player, and we never have to see a Chargers season finish like we all had to experience last year!

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

That’s quite a selection to have at 17. I’ll stay put and not trade up, thanks.
                      My 50th and final mock draft.

1.png
                      fin 50 2.png

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Really is the craziest draft for us since forever:

Middle of the round, no generational talent anywhere, sucky QBs we have no idea when they might get picked, no real reason for any team to trade one way or the other unless it’s for an undisclosed crush, no real need that can’t be addressed later or even in FA after the draft. We don’t have a second but does it matter that much in this draft? I guess, but likely not at the cost of passing at a top talent that drops to us. Legit cases have been made for going in just about every direction discussed. I have no idea what will happen I just hope we get a good player tomorrow and no one pokes out their or anyone else’s eyes.
                        Shop carefully and there are 3-4 players available that are upgrades to players on our roster. Any player we draft that's a day 1 starter for us is a win in my book. Drafting players who become solid depth in rounds 3-5 are a win for us as well. Why worry?

:cheers:
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                          I know it is not going to be popular, but it is going to depend on the 16 picks in front of us. If all the .... fill in the blank position .... go in a run before we pick, then who we WANT doesn't matter. The pick will be someone who is left. It's not really up to us.
                          Craziest draft I've ever seen.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X