• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

17. DT/DE Devonte Wyatt, Georgia - best paas rushing DT in draft.....

79. OT Kellen Diesch, AZ St.

I find it interesting how different PFN and PFF are in their player rankings..... and others ..... all the mocks are all over the place..... more so than usual.... is that good or bad?

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Zion (no trade down)
      Sam Williams

the latter is not who I'd pick, as think he's got a significant amount of risk to him, not to mention that there are a handful of talented TEs available @this slotting....

dude is the third (sub pkg) rusher that Stalesco can use to hedge their Khalil signing and the release of Nwosu & Sacknotsowell.... Williams has some SupaMel to his repertoire w/an interior pass rush, as he is a bit of a 3/5 tech tweener, albeit he is def an OLB/DE as well.... he dips 'n rips, has some heavy hands w/some pop to them, and @times has required three blockers.... dude can get skinny against the double team and has forced some fumbles.... dude is a playmaker, and claims that Mr. Jones/Jerrah told him that he needs another Micah Parsons.

he is a father, albeit he does have the ever so unCharger felony sexual battery charges on his resume, that were dropped.... he is animated/has somethin' to say to the peoples lined up across from him, and seems to have a mindset/mental makeup that needs to be coached up a notch or coupla few.... questions are how high is his ceiling/upside, and can Derwin & Co. get him to work.... ??

biggest red flag for me (besides his suspect intangibles) is that he doesn't set the edge well, and some peoples question his willingness to get after things in the run game, as he's a little bit Tilleryesque against the run, and not the best @reading and breaking down blocking assignments either.... seems more like a need pick to me.... ??

Post-trade Denver Broncos scouting report: Sam Williams (predominantlyorange.com)
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

F21 & friends, if you don't mind, am curious 'bout ER/edge rusher, if Sam Williams is our intended selection @79, as seemingly much prefer DeAngelo Malone over Sam Williams, and would like to take a closer/another look @DeAn Malone....

think it's his intangibles that I really like, as Malone comes w/a fair share of cautionary tales.... he is an undersized, converted wideout that might be better suited as a 3/4 OLB.... he is not much in the way of an NFL DE, and is prolly more OLB than ED as well ?? there is a fair question 'bout level of competition, and given that he is more finesse than power, and w/a lower body that lacks power/drive, he can be bulldozed out of the action.... he doesn't set the edge so much, which prolly makes him more a rotational edge, that doesn't offer much for a four man front.... he does read/diagnose well, and understands run concepts and how to attack blocks in turn, and is noted for his football IQ/acumen.... he was a SB MVP and has added 9 lbs from his playing weight of 234 (or less) and is up to 243 lbs.

truth is he's prolly more a day three developmental prospect/fourth rounder, and would be overdrafted if we took him @79, altho he is projected to go just about there by more than a coupla few outlets.

Las Vegas Raiders NFL Draft prospect: DeAngelo Malone, Western Kentucky - Sports Illustrated Las Vegas Raiders News, Analysis and More
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

also gotta/wanna look @Cade Otton, as he is my Charger of choice @79....

after double checking in on him, he's still my guy @79.... he plays like a TE s'posed to play.... he catches the ball in traffic/under duress, is the prototype NFL, inline Y, move the chains, combo TE, a rotational TE2 that can line up inline, in the slot or outside.... he's what I like to call a solid, a more than serviceable blocker, capable of 40-50 receptions/season, a QB friendly/trusted target/security blanket as a route runner, that gets himself open on short to intermediate routes, with soft/sure hands, and w/a Zach Ertz compare.... he's a contributor on offense and a medium rare talent.

against Michigan, he handled both Ojabo and Aidan Hutchinson, and have little doubt given his intangibles and NFL measurables that he will be well worth the get @79.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
            Outback Goon
            • Sep 2018
            • Australia
            • Send PM

#17 Jordan Davis
            #79 Max Mitchell

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

A lot is deep thought/solid opinion so far. So many ways to approach this draft.

And no favorites have seemed to appear.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Send PM

I guess Devonte Wyatt has had a few domestic abuse charges. I was wondering how the heck he would be available all the way to our pick. Now I know. I can't see Telesco drafting him. I'll redo my picks later.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                  Pretty much retired......
                  • Sep 2018
                  • JoJa
                  • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                  • Send PM

For those looking at Dax Hall......If we went Safety at 17, I would take Lewis Cine.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Irmo, SC
                    • Send PM

Nakobe Dean Breece Hall

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post
                      Nakobe Dean Breece Hall
                      What happens if Kenny Walker is there also? Either one and I'd be happy!

opcorn:
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• JupiterBolt
                        ~ Charger Fan ~
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Jupiter, FL
                        • Send PM

Kyle Hamilton
                        Abraham Lucas

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Kyle Hamilton would be tough to pass on.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X