• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Just watched his highlight video. Nothing special. It pretty much matches his production on the field.

Now more than ever after watching that we probably need to draft another LB for depth if we are one injury away from him being our stater. I bet Patrick Mahomes would love it if Neimann was our starter. Neimann sure looks like a TT draft pick to me. If I recall he was pretty excited after drafting him.
    Well, he isn't a starter lol. He is depth and if you didn't like his highlights then ok. My guess if not for this discussion, you would of. But no biggy. I am for more depth to compete with Amen.

Mahomes is already gifted Murray that he gets to face.

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Well, he isn't a starter lol. He is depth and if you didn't like his highlights then ok. My guess if not for this discussion, you would of. But no biggy. I am for more depth to compete with Amen.

I really Like To'o To'o as an LB. Nothing super fancy just a brick wall lunch pail player. I would even start considering him in the third round if other players are off the board.
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Jeebus but if that ain’t true.

Comment

• Wrbanwal
          FUdean
          • Dec 2022
          • Send PM

This arm chair GM makes big news for Detroit.

at #6 - somehow Will Anderson drops because all the other gm’s are so enamored with QBs

Jalen Carter drops to 18 because of “baggage”. Who doesn’t!!!

Lions dominate like the 85 Bears.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I really Like To'o To'o as an LB. Nothing super fancy just a brick wall lunch pail player. I would even start considering him in the third round if other players are off the board.
            To'o To'o is probably what Staley is looking for... a guy who can read and react quickly.
            It's why Tranquill is gone and Kendricks is here.
            All of the LB's that Staley inherited were either depth-talent or not suited to play Staley's style.
            They will keep adding LB's to the roster... I just don't expect them to be flashy or high-round picks.
            Free agent pick ups might be the approach. Or players that fall in the draft (like To'o To'o seems to be doing) and become value picks (ala Salyer).​

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Morning Mock

21: R1 P21 WR Jordan Addison - USC
              54: R2 P23 EDGE Derick Hall - Auburn
              85: R3 P22 CB Julius Brents - Kansas State
              125: R4 P23 RB Israel Abanikanda - Pittsburgh
              156: R5 P21 TE Zack Kuntz - Old Dominion
              200: R6 P23 C Alex Forsyth - Oregon
              239: R7 P22 LB Ventrell Miller - Florida​

I usually mock CB in the 1st because I just think BPA will be CB. But I decided to play along with the notion that the Chargers are focused on WR as their PON/BPA.
              I normally get my WR in the 3rd round... so I switched up the two positions. BTW... I don't expect Julius Brents to be there in the 3rd round... or Kuntz to be there in the 5th...
              But hey, it's pundits and mocks... so whatever. It does help to show which positions are fairly deep.
              I also try to include guys the Chargers have met with. This version, Addison, Brents, Kuntz, and Miller are included.
              It might also indicate where the Chargers believe they can draft certain positions/players....?

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                • Send PM

Got high hopes for Niemann...I really like the kid...liked him a lot coming out...he has all the physical tools...I'm just hoping he has it between the ears, and has the processing speed to match his physical gifts and motor...it would be a boon to the LB corps.
                Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Got high hopes for Niemann...I really like the kid...liked him a lot coming out...he has all the physical tools...I'm just hoping he has it between the ears, and has the processing speed to match his physical gifts and motor...it would be a boon to the LB corps.
                  He needs to recognize blocking schemes more quickly to get re-signed by Staley in 2025.
                  Read/react... get to your assignment.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

This Williams vs Neiman debate is getting HOT. Dig the energy.

Any 5th rd pick is a flier, my lying eyes see something slightly more in Williams vs Neiman but who knows until they get a chance at the next level to prove it. He is slightly faster and looks like he plays faster but … idunno - he is playing lower competition - thats very true. Given it takes 2, 3, 4 late Rd picks to find that diamond in the rough, taking two late Rd LBs over several years to find that one that can become a starter isn’t the most shocking strategy i have ever heard.

We can say for every position on the team that once we get past Rd2 pick (and maybe Rd1), he is likely not an instant starter but is that beloved depth so desired by the local skeptics.

Sorry - carry on …
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2021
                      • Send PM

Chargers 2023 Mock Draft - TexanBeerlover

21. Joey Porter Jr. CB, Penn State 6-2 1/2 193

Pedigree, elite length, sure tackling press corner.

54. Luke Musgrave, TE, Oregon State 6-6 253

Highest ceiling in class, stay flying under radar until Charger selection 2nd round. Duck to Beaver connection.

85. Derrick Hall, Edge, Auburn 6-3 254

Motor & length 34 1/2" arm length 10" hands to rip and pull linemen off balance.

102. Jayden Reed, WR, Michigan State 5'11" 185

Complete skill set, intelligence and return abilities on special teams.

156. Daniel Scott, S California 6-1 208

Team Captain has length and versatility (can drop into slot or kick outside the hashes).

200. Sir'Vocea Dennis, LB Pittsburgh 6' 1/2" 226 33" arm length 10 5/8" hands (Micha Parsons 31 1/2" arms 11" hands)

Area scout tip, type of LB Staley would covet, excellent in coverage (top 70%) rarely missed tackles (under 5%) & 92% run defense grade.

239. Brett Neilon, C USC 6-2 295

Tore ACL in Pac-12 Championship Game (only reason available this late) had successful surgery and has been attacking rehab for three months. Plenty of time with to fully recover, Study under Linsley, to be a solid future starting Center for the Chargers. Protected probable #1 overall pick in 2024 Caleb Williams, he gave up zero sacks and zero hits.

image.png

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Morning Mock (Monday)

21: R1 P21 S Brian Branch - Alabama
                        54: R2 P23 LB Trenton Simpson - Clemson
                        85: R3 P22 EDGE Isaiah McGuire - Missouri
                        125: R4 P23 WR Charlie Jones - Purdue
                        156: R5 P21 TE Zack Kuntz - Old Dominion
                        200: R6 P23 G McClendon Curtis - Chattanooga
                        239: R7 P22 RB Mohamed Ibrahim - Minnesota​

Back to DB in the 1st... BPA
                        After yesterday's discussion about LB's... and re-watching the Jag game... I drafted Trenton Simpson. BPA
                        2nd day in a row that Zack Kuntz was there in the 5th. Probably too much to ask for.
                        Why do pundits put Ibrahim this low...? Everyone does it. Is the RB group this deep?

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
                          Chargers 2023 Mock Draft - TexanBeerlover

21. Joey Porter Jr. CB, Penn State 6-2 1/2 193

Pedigree, elite length, sure tackling press corner.

54. Luke Musgrave, TE, Oregon State 6-6 253

Highest ceiling in class, stay flying under radar until Charger selection 2nd round. Duck to Beaver connection.

85. Derrick Hall, Edge, Auburn 6-3 254

Motor & length 34 1/2" arm length 10" hands to rip and pull linemen off balance.

102. Jayden Reed, WR, Michigan State 5'11" 185

Complete skill set, intelligence and return abilities on special teams.

156. Daniel Scott, S California 6-1 208

Team Captain has length and versatility (can drop into slot or kick outside the hashes).

200. Sir'Vocea Dennis, LB Pittsburgh 6' 1/2" 226 33" arm length 10 5/8" hands (Micha Parsons 31 1/2" arms 11" hands)

Area scout tip, type of LB Staley would covet, excellent in coverage (top 70%) rarely missed tackles (under 5%) & 92% run defense grade.

239. Brett Neilon, C USC 6-2 295

Tore ACL in Pac-12 Championship Game (only reason available this late) had successful surgery and has been attacking rehab for three months. Plenty of time with to fully recover, Study under Linsley, to be a solid future starting Center for the Chargers. Protected probable #1 overall pick in 2024 Caleb Williams, he gave up zero sacks and zero hits.

image.png
                          No running back?

Comment

Working...
                          X