• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

my suspicion is that, and pretty much without a doubt and hands down the biggest difference makers in terms of win/loss, would be drafting for the Oline.

not an Alt man, and not overly certain 'bout Fashanu, and.... do like Fuaga's intangibles, and.... atm not against taking him @8.

after that it'd be an OC, and not married to the either of Van Pran nor Powers Johnson, and.... we could even go OG after that for the Oline trifecta, albeit however unlikely that Beebe or Fautanu are still there, but again am a fan of Donovan Jackson's intangibles.

a 1-2-3 of RT-OC-OG could well be the missing link for the Herbo fans here, and get Mr. Harbaugh off on the right foot, and.... could well get us into the playoffs year 1 of the "complete rebuild/reset."

ps. and again personal opinion.... do think the biggest missing link in our arsenal are the midrange strikes and longballs, which me thinx is much more a matter of the right side of our Oline, rather than any shiny new TE or a new mega star WR.... ??
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Yeah, I watched a lot of Burks' tape when wittling down my CB's. He's my #3 (behind Kool-Aid and Kalen King). I didn't think he slotted to us... I was thinking in the 15-20 range. Trade back? Or do you think he lasts until the 2nd? Any tape on the Wiggans kid? I can't find anything.

If they picked Alt or Fashanu... I would be happy.

How do you like Tykee Smith in the 5th? Rod Moore in the 4th? They seem like pattern-match to me without breaking the bank @safety.
      My only informed comment would be that Brugler has a brief posting on Wiggins.

Burks at 37.
      Or coupla DBs a
      little later.
      Another ill slotted DB is DeJean. Baller.
      Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
        my suspicion is that, and pretty much without a doubt and hands down the biggest difference makers in terms of win/loss, would be drafting for the Oline.

not an Alt man, and not overly certain 'bout Fashanu, and.... do like Fuaga's intangibles, and.... atm not against taking him @8.

after that it'd be an OC, and not married to the either of Van Pran nor Powers Johnson, and.... we could even go OG after that for the Oline trifecta, albeit however unlikely that Beebe or Fautanu are still there, but again am a fan of Donovan Jackson's intangibles.

a 1-2-3 of RT-OC-OG could well be the missing link for the Herbo fans here, and get Mr. Harbaugh off on the right foot, and.... could well get us into the playoffs year 1 of the "complete rebuild/reset."

ps. and again personal opinion.... do think the biggest missing link in our arsenal are the midrange strikes and longballs, which me thinx is much more a matter of the right side of our Oline, rather than any shiny new TE or a new mega star WR.... ??
        So many problems.
        I wanna start with basics.
        Get Herbert protection.
        Get him a running game.
        I wanna start with OL.
        1-2-3.
        i am cool with this thinking.

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

So many problems.
          I wanna start with basics.
          Get Herbert protection.
          Get him a running game.
          I wanna start with OL.
          1-2-3.
          i am cool with this thinking.
          Wood.... who's your RB of choice, and how early do you think we need to strike, and so as to avoid waiting 'til round four, and missing out on our guy of choice, getting swooped out from under our nose a round earlier, and.... are we dependent upon getting some draft capital back in return from the either or both of Bosa 'n Mike ?? !!
          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

My suspicion is that blocking schemes and protections are not right.
            Zion had all of the characteristics of a Pro Bowl OG @BC. He has not progressed as he should.
            Slater's best year was his rookie year. Salyer filled in admirably @LT last year... now he can't block at a less demanding position.
            Corey Linsley was my dream center. The OL always looks better with him there. Now everything points towards his retirement.
            Pip is Pip. He was thought to be moldable clay. Now he just seems to need pass protection help. Can that be schemed around?
            I-2-3 seems like a lot of capital. I could see Van Pran in the 2nd round. My initial plan was to bring in my good friend, Connor Williams.
            I liked the Jordan McFadden draft. Could Samaree move out to RT and Jordan take over @RG? Then draft Sedrick...?
            And what does a new head coach, offensive coordinator, and line coach do for us...?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Wood.... who's your RB of choice, and how early do you think we need to strike, and so as to avoid waiting 'til round four, and missing out on our guy of choice, getting swooped out from under our nose a round earlier, and.... are we dependent upon getting some draft capital back in return from the either or both of Bosa 'n Mike ?? !!
              The obvious answer is TreyVion.
              I might want to wait for late value.
              I like to do a backwards mock to see what positions are deep.

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

My only informed comment would be that Brugler has a brief posting on Wiggins.

Burks at 37.
                Or coupla DBs a
                little later.
                Another ill slotted DB is DeJean. Baller.
                I actually like those guys a little more than you do. DeJean is a tweener that would probably be a good match for patterns. I liken him to Brian Branch. I liked Branch a little better. The question is... do they last until #37...?

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

The obvious answer is TreyVion.
                  I might want to wait for late value.
                  I like to do a backwards mock to see what positions are deep.
                  That's my strategy, too!
                  The RB I get a lot is Devin Neal from Kansas. Good ypc. Underutilized receiver.
                  Devin Neal 2023 Junior season highlights. 183 Rushes, 1,209 Rushing Yards, 15 Rushing Touchdowns, 24 Receptions, 214 Receiving Yards, 1 Receiving Touchdowns....

This strategy didn't work last year for me... as all of my sneaky WR's ended up going earlier than I thought. The "experts" were off on guys like Tank Dell, Tre Tucker, and Derius Davis by 2 or 3 rounds. I was off on these guys by about a round.

A couple years ago, Elijah Mitchell was a guy I was mocking regularly. He went about a round after I was mocking him. The opposite happened with Kenneth Gainwell.

With the RB market the way it is... we may find a good deal on a RB in free agency.

I think the WR class is deeper this year than the RB class.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                    Gotta draft the player not the position.
                    scheme, leadership, role clarity will all help our secondary that will inevitably include Taylor and Leonard.
                    IMO, you have to draft the player AND the position. What if your player eval is off...? Not just yours... every bodies eval.

Here's an example I remember from several years ago...
                    Remember Clemson's DL...? Dexter Lawrence, Christian Wilkins, and Clelin Ferrell.
                    Almost everyone had Wilkins and Ferrell ahead of Lawrence.
                    I suggested that Ferrell's numbers were a product of Dexter Lawrence's production... and that Lawrence would be better.
                    Then I got myself into hot water by suggesting that Lawrence was as good as (maybe better) than Wilkins.
                    Needless to say, I got blasted. Most "experts" had Wilkins #5-10 while Lawrence could be found anywhere between #20-30.

And let's not forget that TT had Tillery as the last 1st-round grade left on the board.
                    Remember when Fluker was a tackle and Te'o was a steal...? Somehow everyone let us have Keenan in the 3rd that same draft.
                    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2020
                      • Oklahoma
                      • Send PM

IMO, you have to draft the player AND the position. What if your player eval is off...? Not just yours... every bodies eval.

Remember Clemson's DL...? Dexter Lawrence, Christian Wilkins, and Clelin Ferrell.
                      I suggested that Ferrell's numbers were a product of Dexter Lawrence's production... and that Lawrence would be better.
                      Then I got myself into hot water by suggesting that Lawrence was as good as (maybe better) than Wilkins.
                      Needless to say, I got blasted. Most "experts" had Wilkins #5-10 while Lawrence could be found anywhere between #20-30.

And let's not forget that TT had Tillery as the last 1st-round grade left on the board.
                      Remember when Fluker was a tackle and Te'o was a steal...? Somehow everyone let us have Keenan in the 3rd that same draft.
                      Always said position is a huge part of it.
                      It’s 22 against 22, more than that with special teams.
                      Not 5 on 5 like basketball.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Good point. I agree.
                        lazy cliche on my part. I just don't want to predetermine the pick based on position. In your case, you think Kool Aid is worth our 1st outright, right?
                        I can get with that, I'll be sure to do my homework.

Round 1 has to be the guy that helps our whole team more than anyone. On defense, my focus is on defending the redzone. That's goaline run stuffers on DL and regarding CBs, I'm okay sacrificing man coverage ability for bigger CBs that play with leverage forcing QBs to make perfect throws. I can live with that. Those CBs can be found in rounds 3 and later.
                        with Herbert, the game plan will always be to exchange TDs for field goals.
                        I don't care what we give up between the 20s, so long as we focus on redzone defense. To me that's scheme and coaching.
                        eventually we can draft or sign a top tier CB but I say we focus on redzone defense and outscoring everyone.
                        2024: Far From Over

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2020
                          • Oklahoma
                          • Send PM

Well said, Haven’t watched film yet on Tevondre Sweat.
                          Where do you slot him and Kris Jenkins?

Comment

Working...
                          X