• Show
Clear All
  • OG619FrightninLightnin
    Let's do this!
    • Aug 2022
    • Raleigh N. Carolina
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I'm not worried about Bowers. Teammates and coaches say the guy works real hard on details to get better and studies film.
    We have seen Derwin shut Kelce down at times when he is on him man to man and not playing deep zone.

Kittle doesn't have big games every week either. Didn't against the Rams last week.

We just need better coaching. Particularly on the OL.
    And he can block. That's HUGE fills 2-3 needs

Comment

• madcaplaughs
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I'm leaning back to Nabers over Odunze - i think you're right. His speed seems more early quick on tape, Odunze more down-range speed - modern NFL receivers that are quickly successful the league are ones that create quick separation at the snap, I'm leaning to Nabers having a slight edge on that score right now. Both are tough, strong, very good.

MH2 is the best of the 3. strongly doubt he's there past 3 but who knows, teams go coo coo for QBs. I did a mock yesterday and nabbed him at 5. jmo.
      Nabers made SEC Cornerbacks look pedestrian. Those are guys that will likely be picked in the1st round (McKinstry, Arnold, Wiggins)

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

I think you keep Alt at LT. His dominant position. Do they have a stud LT or something? Move Lucas to RT. Alt has only played LT and he is a stud there. You keep him there. Fashanu might even be better. Man i am just not on board with using the #2 overall on a RT. I think they could even trade back some and get one of the OTs.

You made me go check to make sure Howell wasnt left handed. lol
        IMO, Fashanu has better feet by a smidge... Alt is more powerful. Typically, that's the way teams type-cast OT's. Then you have some teams (Eagles) that prefer their best OT (Lane Johnson) on the right side.

If you watch the video that is attached to the article, you can see that Howell has a strong arm, has touch, and can make all of the throws. The problem was... they couldn't protect him; as Bieniemy's offense likes to go deep.

I just find it interesting that WAS would replace a 6-1, 215 lb QB with a 6-1, 215 lb QB. When you look up Caleb's college numbers and compare them to Howell's... there isn't much difference stats-wise.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

BTW... Odunze is great. I've had my eye on him for 2 years now. If the Chargers decide to ignore the CB position again and choose yet another WR in the 1st... I would hope for MHJ. But if MHJ is gone by #5 (which he 100% should)... I'd be excited about Odunze @#5. I like him over Bowers or Nabors.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Now... if you ask me to take any of the offensive weapons (excluding MHJ) over the 2 top OT's... you and me got problems... LOL! Trencher4Life. And I'm putting them at RT whether you like it or not... LOL!

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
              Now... if you ask me to take any of the offensive weapons (excluding MHJ) over the 2 top OT's... you and me got problems... LOL! Trencher4Life. And I'm putting them at RT whether you like it or not... LOL!
              ... and hope to god they can play a position (ORT) they haven't played in college?
              At an NFL starter level as a rookie no less?
              Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Riverwalk
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2021
                • Send PM

I heard a draft analyst say Harbaugh would select an OT in first round because he’s trenches all the way.

We can’t run for shit behind this OL so that might elevate the running attack for ALL backs and help keep Golden boy healthy versus the last two seasons being riddled with injuries.

I like Bowers and the WR’s just like you all do, but getting the top rated OT might be better in the long term. OT talent dramatically tails off after the first round where very talented WR’s can be had in round 2 and 3.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                  You want Koolaid, I want Bowers....the compromise is Alt or Fashanu? Sheesh...twist my arm, why dont ya...

Im in!
                  Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Riverwalk
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2021
                    • Send PM

Best thing that could help Herbert is more time to throw and a running game.

OT all the way!

Need a steep upgrade at Center too with Corey retiring.

Pipkins is a joke even when he’s healthy and that’s not often. Clapp isn’t even practice squad material.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
                      I heard a draft analyst say Harbaugh would select an OT in first round because he’s trenches all the way.

We can’t run for shit behind this OL so that might elevate the running attack for ALL backs and help keep Golden boy healthy versus the last two seasons being riddled with injuries.

I like Bowers and the WR’s just like you all do, but getting the top rated OT might be better in the long term. OT talent dramatically tails off after the first round where very talented WR’s can be had in round 2 and 3.
                      We cant run in the middle at all. Zion hasnt been great at run blocking and losing Linsley was huge. Our two OGs and OC have not been good at runblocking. Need a better OL coach and while drafting a RT would help, it isnt going to help in the middle where we cant run and a lot of the pressure comes from at Herbert.

Duke For OL coach!

Comment

• Riverwalk
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

We cant run in the middle at all. Zion hasnt been great at run blocking and losing Linsley was huge. Our two OGs and OC have not been good at runblocking. Need a better OL coach and while drafting a RT would help, it isnt going to help in the middle where we cant run and a lot of the pressure comes from at Herbert.

Duke For OL coach!
                        Harbaugh won with his dominant trenches. Even more so on DL.

They might have single-handedly dropped Penix from a first round selection. Brutal!

Harbaugh would have his work cut out for him upgrading these two lines into dominant forces.

Something Telesco either couldn’t understand or had no eye for talent. Take your pick but he failed epically.

It’s time to finally put the primary focus on the trenches versus an afterthought filled with practice squad level talent.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Harbaugh won with his dominant trenches. Even more so on DL.

They might have single-handedly dropped Penix from a first round selection. Brutal!

Harbaugh would have his work cut out for him upgrading these two lines into dominant forces.

Something Telesco either couldn’t understand or had no eye for talent. Take your pick but he failed epically.

It’s time to finally put the primary focus on the trenches versus an afterthought filled with practice squad level talent.
                          Right and he also uses a two TE set offense which is another blocker. Who knows if he brings that here as it eliminates a WR on the field so if we keep Keenan, thats why i think we dont go WR in round 1. But sure id love to have Nabers or Odunze.....and Bowers. May end up with Roman Wilson later.

Comment

Working...
                          X