• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Sign some FA's...The Jets are near the league average in Capville...they have some room and might be able to restructure a few of their high-priced players...at least they're not in as bad shape as the Bolts:

image.png
    https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/
    The Jets will most likely draft the best offensive tackle that they can get at #10 and there will be some good ones available, in a strong class like this, I find it hard to believe that they'll pass up one of these guys this year...
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I like that move...I've been banging the table for a trade down for picks, grab a top shelf CB in picks #8-11 or so, then go C in round 2 and maybe RT in round 3...get IOL depth later in round 5-6 or so...I'd still like to sign a vet FA C to compete with our draftee...or to play while we groom the new C...
      I think the chargers will make one big move in FA after trading Bosa, Mack, and either cutting or trading MWs,...I think the big move will be for IDL, Hortiz has a direct connection to one of the better FA IDL that will be available, I think Justin Madabuike will be one of the better "values" at IDL available in free agency...I won't speculate on the size of the contract but once they clear all that cap space, I think they'll be in a position to bid for his services...christian Wilkins is another guy to keep an eye on but he's almost 3 years older and will probably cost more...
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Jim talking up his boy so that we can trade down and get a load of picks in the draft 😁

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
          Jim talking up his boy so that we can trade down and get a load of picks in the draft 😁

I share in his evaluation of McCarthy, maybe not the best QB in this draft, to me that guy is Maye not Williams, I called it last year with Stroud, I called it in 2020 with Herbert, I think Maye will be the best QB to come out of this draft, and McCarthy is going to make a lot of people wonder why they underestimated him, the irony of the whole thing is that McCarthy going later in the draft might further contribute to his success as he'll be going to a better team, the vikings, broncos, raiders, and seahawks ALL need QBs...but even if he falls past the seahawks at #16, there is no way in hell that McVay won't snap him up at #19

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I can see a possibility that they (Bo Nix, JJ Mcarthy, and Penix) get drafted in the first round but taken 1st overall is extreme homerism. LOL!
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I can see a possibility that they (Bo Nix, JJ Mcarthy, and Penix) get drafted in the first round but taken 1st overall is extreme homerism. LOL!
              Hush! He’s helping the team out 😁

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I think the chargers will make one big move in FA after trading Bosa, Mack, and either cutting or trading MWs,...I think the big move will be for IDL, Hortiz has a direct connection to one of the better FA IDL that will be available, I think Justin Madabuike will be one of the better "values" at IDL available in free agency...I won't speculate on the size of the contract but once they clear all that cap space, I think they'll be in a position to bid for his services...christian Wilkins is another guy to keep an eye on but he's almost 3 years older and will probably cost more...
                Dream come true for me.
                Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Fleet 1
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kauai
                  • Send PM

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Madabuiike - per Sptotract is an AAV 20.3
                    Wilkins is an AAV of 20.2

Last year, Hargraves went from Philly to San Fran for 4/84 or $21m

So probably in that 84/4 range for Justin M

So for the Chargers to sign a player like this - that would probably mean Mack is gone

I think this year - the Chargers go second/third wave "value"

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Today we got to see Frank Gore Jr. and he popped off a big run in this game. He’s tough and he’s faster than his dad. Very nice to see him rip off a run like this. He runs hard too. Just wish he was a tick bigger. Doesn’t mess around and just goes. Six carries for 87 yards and a score speaks for itself.
                      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Joe Milton has been the best quarterback in here both groups even if today lost some momentum.

Ray Davis doesn’t blow you away but I like him He’s not super explosive but more giddy up than Chris Rodriguez. Not a guy that’s going to mess around. Hits the hole and gets up field.

Daijun Edwards passed the test. Caught the ball super well. Looked very natural doing it. If you want my opinion, he’s the best running back at the event on both teams.

You can tell nobody wants to cover Ladd McConkey. Didn’t get a ton of targets in team drills. I’ve seen more than enough. Drew a lot of penalties against the defender which is a good sign.

Christian Jones at Texas is good. He almost gets too wide sometimes but I love his base. If he adds power someone will get a steal. Bends well and stays in control.

Braden Fiske is just so damn slippery. I don’t know what it is but the linemen can’t figure out what he’s doing. They’re only getting chunks of him as he goes by. It’s fun to watch.

I gotta have T’Vondre Sweat on my team. That’s all I know.

TE Ben Sinnot who stinks.
                        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Marshawn Lloyd actually has some short area quickness running routes. I question his hands. Had a bad drop today after a good shake and bake to get open. It was mostly one drop. I still don’t know how good he is but has prototypical size and moves better than he should. Hard one. Not overly excited but doesn’t suck either.

Brendan Rice can play. Continues to show the physicality. There is an art to his game. He gets stuck short area sometimes but if he’s in rhythm in the route he can create space in his own way. I’m in here. I like the hands. He can fight through contact. Physical, physical, physical. The size helps too.

Tez Walker is easily the hardest eval at the receiver. Good speed but needs to refine the route running. Dropped everything yesterday. Hands were better today but not by much. Still doesn’t attack the ball in the air and did drop a few. Maybe yesterday was just a rough day. How high can you take a guy that doesn’t catch the ball? Only had three drops during the actual season but can’t buy one here.

Malachi Corley has some power to him. I’m not sure what he is but he’s catching what’s thrown his way.

I like Luke McCaffrey. Just going to say it. He can run and catch. You can see the Christian in him. Just smaller and not as powerful. Good athlete. I think he can make it as a slot guy.

The Michigan tight end AJ Barner is terrible. Can’t separate or move at all. I have nothing good to say.

No practice for Taliese Fuaga. No problem with it. Guy was a stud during the week.

CB Cam Hart is really good. Not a grease lightning but in control and knows where the ball is.

Kalen King can’t cover anybody. Luke McCaffrey killed him. Tez Walker got him.

Comment

Working...
                          X