Which Trade Package Would You Want For #5?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kellyb72601
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Send PM

I think the Mccarthy trade up hype could be a lot of nonsense. Seems like every year, especially recently, there's one of these guys. Last year it was Will Levis. When the season ended he was projected as a 2nd round type guy, but all the sudden he's shooting up draft boards projected top 10 or top 15. Draft comes and he sits there until the 2nd round. The year before that it was Malik Willis. Season ends and he's a projected 3rd round pick. Drafturbators hype him up and all the sudden he's a projected top 10 guy. Draft night comes and he sits there until the 3rd round. Mccarthy was projected a day 2 pick when the season ended so his projected rise up draft boards well could be a lot of hot air.

Comment

• Pat_Swindle
      WustinSlurbert
      • Apr 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
      I think the Mccarthy trade up hype could be a lot of nonsense. Seems like every year, especially recently, there's one of these guys. Last year it was Will Levis. When the season ended he was projected as a 2nd round type guy, but all the sudden he's shooting up draft boards projected top 10 or top 15. Draft comes and he sits there until the 2nd round. The year before that it was Malik Willis. Season ends and he's a projected 3rd round pick. Drafturbators hype him up and all the sudden he's a projected top 10 guy. Draft night comes and he sits there until the 3rd round. Mccarthy was projected a day 2 pick when the season ended so his projected rise up draft boards well could be a lot of hot air.
      But but but...but Harbaugh said he was the best QB in the draft. Arm talent, IT factor, all that stuff...😁😁😁

Comment

• RTPbolt
        Charger Fan till the end
        • Jun 2013
        • North Carolina
        • Send PM

My gut says we wont have 4 qbs go in the top 5….i think its 3 and i think we wont have the leverage to get a desperate for a qb trade deal. My guess is Minny could even trade to 2 or 3 frankly with their 1s and futures and we lose on that offer….just my gut.

i hope we DO get the Minny offer as I think we need the bodies and cap hit is more manageable further down the board and at 11 we still can fill a high need with a stud.

Looking forward to tonight! Hitting a local bar with another poster here! Should be exciting to watch this play out.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
          I heard Daniel Jeremiah talk about JJ a month or so ago and his opinion was that NFL coaches and front office people were much higher on JJ than draft "gurus" and he expected his stock to rise as teams finalized their boards and the "gurus" started getting intel from their team sources. And that is exactly what has happened. Whether that means anything remains to be seen.

Comment

• Buckethead
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
            My gut says we wont have 4 qbs go in the top 5….i think its 3 and i think we wont have the leverage to get a desperate for a qb trade deal. My guess is Minny could even trade to 2 or 3 frankly with their 1s and futures and we lose on that offer….just my gut.

i hope we DO get the Minny offer as I think we need the bodies and cap hit is more manageable further down the board and at 11 we still can fill a high need with a stud.

Looking forward to tonight! Hitting a local bar with another poster here! Should be exciting to watch this play out.
            I concur. No team is trading up that high for Mccarthy.

Comment

Working...
            X