• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

I feel like in order to protect this pick we need to solidify the OL. I mean a stud RT and we are most likely monstrous on offense. We get one more stud on the OL and we are set offensively. Jesus even when players come out defense's get no opportunity to rest. Its just all weapons all the time. Rivers could put up 5K yards with this core. Just get him protected and we are a scoring machine.

Melvin Gordon
    Hunter Henry
    Antonio Gates
    Keenan Allen
    Mike Williams
    Tyrell Williams
    Travis Benjamin
    Dontrelle Inman

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Attack View Post
      The trade ups happening this yr to pick up questionable first round QBs, as all the draft gurus had thought before the draft, is showing what teams are willing to do to get QBs. Now, at next yr's draft, if the Chargers have a good yr in 2017, and end up with a pick in the 20's in the first round, it will cost a lot to move up to the top 10 to draft our future QB. And, the QBs next yr are supposed to be better than the QBs in this draft, so the cost will likely be higher to move up next yr. KC gave up this yr's #1, next yr's #1, and this yr's #3 to move up to get Buffalo's pick at #10 this yr. What will it cost to move up and get a Josh Rosen or Mason Rudolph or Sam Darnold (I think he will be untouchable, going to Jets or Browns next yr)?
      It won't cost more because of who they are. Who are they anyways? College players with potential.
      Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-27-2017, 07:09 PM.

Comment

• Attack
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Asela View Post
        Personally, I would've felt TE OJ Howard would be more effective overall for the offense than Mike Williams. Look back at the Patriot*s when they had their vaunted 2 TE offense and a receiving RB. They had nothing at WR, and they were unstoppable. TE's are cheaper overall than WRs, so it even makes sense from cap perspective going forward.

2 TEs that can help in blocking for the running game, in a no-huddle that Rivers likes, you have plenty of options run/pass and don't have to switch personnel. Though the TEs would need to improve their blocking, but if they're willing, thats the key.
        Agree. If offense was the pick at #7, would have selected Howard over Williams. Then, that position is set for the next 10 yrs. Really wanted defense at #7. I hope Williams turns out to be a stud WR.

Comment

• Beerman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Eastlake
          • Send PM

Benjamin wasn't cut yet? He should be.

Comment

• Beerman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Eastlake
            • Send PM

Chargers should trade up for Allen.

Comment

• RTPbolt
              Charger Fan till the end
              • Jun 2013
              • North Carolina
              • Send PM

Injuries I think took Hooker down....would have loved him too but Adams was really who I wanted at 7....damn Jets

It will be interesting to see if projections avg out for top 31 start to catch up or if there are more injury guys that drop.

We should have some good OL, and hopefully top Safety still there. Will get a good player.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Asela View Post
                Couldn't, or didn't want to utilize it in the passing game? I'm not saying it was the ideal, pick but I would've preferred OJ Howard over Mike Williams. OJ Howard is a matchup nightmare alone. Imagine him and Hunter Henry together? Mike Williams is he a matchup nightmare? I dunno

At the 7th overall pick, the reason you pick a slow WR who drops balls, that seems like a reach. Kind of like when you choose a slow 4.55 Corner who isn't the brightest guy at #5.
                Slow WR? Lol, ok. Keenan Allen isn't as fast as Williams and when healthy he manages just fine.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.
                  For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Beerman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Eastlake
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
                    Injuries I think took Hooker down....would have loved him too but Adams was really who I wanted at 7....damn Jets

It will be interesting to see if projections avg out for top 31 start to catch up or if there are more injury guys that drop.

We should have some good OL, and hopefully top Safety still there. Will get a good player.
                    Good player huh. Te'o and Attaoche come to mind not having panned out for us. Maybe Attaochu is healthy and a scheme change helps him out this year.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                      Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                      • Send PM

23 picks away and the top 10 offensive lineman all still there.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Comment

• Beerman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Eastlake
                          • Send PM

And don't get me started on O lineman. TT can't evaluate them for shit.

Comment

Working...
                          X