• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OhioBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Safety or O-lineman with number one pick only if they are worth of being picked at the position we draft at. That is an interesting point Fleet presents with Jatavis Brown he has speed to be a safety if he can't take the pounding at LB. Toomer could be your other ILB next to Perryman. If Brown can make the move to safety we still need another safety. It would be nice if the Chargers can get Arizona's safety Tony Jefferson in FA.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

The way the draft is shaping up, it sure looks like BPA will be a DB.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• OhioBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
        The way the draft is shaping up, it sure looks like BPA will be a DB.
        It is the deepest position experts say and it will fill a need whether it is Safety or Corner we need two safeties and another corner when Verrett goes on his annual injury.

Comment

• zoom
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
          Im not sure this is Benjamins last year. Unless we plan on cutting him after 2017 and eating 4 million. I think TT probably lets his contract run out realizing that new WRs need time to acclimate to our offense. Even James Jones said it was discouraging how difficult our offense is to pick up. You roll out Williams, Allen and Henry and Benjamin is likely to have wide open opportunities. I think its too early to count him out. If we draft another WR i would love to get a value guy. Like we did with Allen. Like we could have done with Moncrief. If we are going to eat dead money in 2018 its likely going to be Franklin and Barksdale IMO. Maybe Liuget. Lets not forget how overhyped and overvalued WRs get when there isnt a lot of top end talent. If we want to wait on a WR who may drop due to mediocre combine numbers id look long and hard at Corey Davis. Kid is a monster.

Id be taking advantage of this years crops of DBs. There will probably be 10 defensive players taken in the top 15 this draft. Its a much better defensive draft than offensive imo. Im not a fan of the QBs. There is probably 1 WR worthy of a top 15. The RBs will be ranked too high. No OL players.

Shit is Jatavis going to stay healthy 16 games at his size? I love the moneybacker idea but id feel even better if he could handle SS on rush downs and coverage LB on pass plays. Reuben Foster would maul next to Perryman. I know ILB is the last thing we need. But those 3 together intrigues me. Raekwon McMillan is another. These guys are monsters. Id groom Perry at OLB.

Jamal Adams S, Teez Tabor CB, Malik Mcdowell DE, Reuben Foster LB, Tim Williams OLB, Derek Barnett OLB, Marlon Humphries CB, Malik Hooker S, Sidney Jones CB, Adoree Jackson CB, Cordrea Tankersely, Desmond King.

All these guys are really good players. And could help us. I think its a somewhat safe draft for defense in the first round if a lot of the underclassmen come out. Especially if the redshirt sophs come out. This may be the most lopsided defensive/offensive draft in years.

Another guy that is under the radar is Charles Harris DE Missouri. Ive always liked Mizzou pass rushers. I was a huge fan of Marcus Golden despite many saying he couldn't play OLB. Hes done very well in Arizona.

I know we need OL. DL etc. But imo we are competitive with 17 players on the DL. I still think we could play the BPA theory in the draft instead of just reaching for need. And that even includes WR. Because i wouldn't hesitate on Mike Williams. But we could end up with one of the best defenses in the league if we keep building around Bosa. We need to figure out how to get the OL better with it being a weak draft for OL. Do we trade a pick for a guy like Thomas or Joe Staley? Staley has the longer contract and gives us more years. Thomas and Staley are older though so ideally a 3rd rounder would be nice. I think a 2nd would get it done.

We may have to trade for OL if TT feels we need to improve. I was listening to Helton yesterday who used to be Tuerks coach and he said hes never seen such a gifted player who can play all the spots on the OL. I really think Tuerk will be special for us. We just need a LT. Move Dunlap to RT until he gets hurt. Then use Barksdale. Maybe even Franklin. Even with a trade our financial investment on the OL is probably the most in the league.
          My bad, i thought Benjamin was a FA after this year. Gpt mixed up with someone else.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
            No Sir, I Dont Like It
            • Jun 2013
            • Section 457
            • Migrant Film Worker
            • Send PM

I'm a FA this year if they move.
            Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
            sigpic

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

NFLDraftScout.com
              NFL Mock Draft: Browns take top-rated DE Myles Garrett, 49ers pick QB DeShone Kizer
              Unless they go for a QB, the Browns select the best talent in the draft, which is Myles Garrett

by Dane Brugler7. San Diego Chargers

Jamal Adams, SS, LSU: The Chargers are feeling the void left by Eric Weddle in the secondary, but Adams would give San Diego a new leader in the back half of the field.

8. Tennessee Titans (from Los Angeles)

Malik McDowell, DT, Michigan State: Tennessee has a strong defensive line and McDowell can help take the unit to another level. His blend of size and athleticism is very unique and the Michigan State product is just scratching the surface of his ability.
              9. Carolina Panthers

Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama: Carolina has several questions marks on its cornerback depth chart, but adding Humphrey, who is NFL-ready right now, would help change that.
              10. New Orleans Saints

Tim Williams, OLB, Alabama: The Saints struggled to consistently pressure the opponent's backfield last year and didn't do much to upgrade the issue over the offseason. Williams would change that.
              11. Arizona Cardinals

Teez Tabor, CB, Florida: The Cardinals have one of the best cornerbacks in the country with Patrick Peterson, but the rest of the corner depth chart is full of question marks. Tabor checks boxes for size, speed and aggressive ball skills.
              12.Tennessee Titans

John Ross, WR, Washington: The Titans have plenty of bodies on the wide receiver depth chart, but no true difference-maker. Ross has elite speed, but it is his polished routes that allow him to create separation and make plays.
              13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Reuben Foster, ILB, Alabama: Linebacker isn't one of Tampa's most pressing needs, but Foster can be a difference-maker and start from day one for the Buccaneers.
              Sponsored by EverQuote
              How 2 Tech Grads Are Disrupting The Auto Insurance Industry
              This small team of data scientists has made an algorithm that is turning a giant 19 billion dollar industry up-side-down.
              14. Green Bay Packers

Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU: The Packers haven't drafted a running back in the top 60 since 1990 and it goes against what Ted Thompson usually does in the first round. But the Green Bay roster is void of playmakers and Fournette is the type of prospect worth bucking the trend.
              15. Indianapolis Colts

Malik Hooker, FS, Ohio State: Only a redshirt sophomore, Hooker is inexperienced and it shows on his game tape. But the film also shows an instinctive, rangy ball hawk with a very high ceiling.
              16. Cleveland Browns (from Philadelphia)

Sidney Jones, CB, Washington: The Browns' secondary has been routinely torched this season with upgrades needed across the board. Jones has the instincts, ball skills and fluid athleticism that transition well to the NFL.
              17. Buffalo Bills

Mike Williams, WR, Clemson: With Marquise Goodwin and Robert Woods hitting free agency after this season and Sammy Watkins unable to stay healthy, Williams would give the Bills much-needed help on the wide receiver depth chart.
              18. Pittsburgh Steelers

Carl Lawson, DE, Auburn: The Steelers have several question marks at pass rusher heading into next season and could look to address that need through the draft. Lawson is among the SEC leaders in tackles for loss, sacks and quarterback hurries.
              19. Washington Redskins

Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State: The Redskins have been a pass-heavy team this season and need to make upgrades at running back to achieve better balance. Cook is a playmaker with special skills and is an absolute steal this late.
              20. Miami Dolphins

Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee: The Dolphins need to get younger on the edges and Barnett is NFL ready right now. The Tennessee product might not be twitched up, but his ability to penetrate the backfield will earn him early grades.
              21. Baltimore Ravens

JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, Southern California: Baltimore shouldn't give up on 2015 first-rounder Breshad Perriman, but he shouldn't stop the organization from drafting an impact receiver if available -- like Smith-Schuster.
              Sponsored by SportsLine
              Sports Picks Built from 10,000+ Simulations of Every Game
              SportsLine combines the power of data with the insights of insiders to give you in-depth picks and projections for every game.
              22. Detroit Lions

Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford: With Devin Taylor possibly hitting free agency after the season, the Lions could be looking to add a defensive end opposite Ziggy Ansah. Thomas has the powerful and athletic skill set that allows him to be effective vs. the run and as a pass rusher.
              23. Houston Texans

Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama: The Texans have been hurting on the offensive line and unfortunately the 2017 class doesn't look like a strong group. However, Robinson has starting ability and first-round skills if his off-field checks out.
              24. Philadelphia Eagles (from Minnesota)

Desmond King, CB, Iowa: The Eagles are very thin at cornerback on the depth chart, especially with Nolan Carroll on a one-year deal. King is rough around the edges, but his size and speed are intriguing for the position.
              25. Atlanta Falcons

Charles Harris, DE, Missouri: The Falcons' pass rush has been sporadic this season and hasn't lived up to the vision of head coach Dan Quinn. Harris has the edge quickness and burst to capture the edge and give blockers trouble.
              26. New York Giants

Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan: With Jason Pierre-Paul on a one-year deal, defensive end is a possible need this offseason. Charlton, who has some traits reminiscent of Justin Tuck out of Notre Dame, has all the ingredients of an NFL starter.
              27. Denver Broncos

Zach Cunningham, ILB, Vanderbilt: Denver locked up Brandon Marshall long-term at linebacker, but more depth is needed. Cunningham is easy to overlook on a below-average Vanderbilt squad, but he is the real deal.
              28. Kansas City Chiefs

Gareon Conley, CB, Ohio State: Marcus Peters is a stud and Steven Nelson looks like a promising building block on the Chiefs' cornerback depth chart. But there are questions after that and Conley fits what Kansas City wants at the position with his physical, press-man skills.
              29. Seattle Seahawks

Dan Feeney, G, Indiana: The Seahawks have several question marks up and down the offensive line and Seattle will likely still be looking for answers in next year's draft. Feeney at guard would allow 2016 first-rounder Germain Ifedi to kick out to tackle.
              Sponsored by Toyota
              Not Every Used Car Has What it Takes to Become Certified
              Trust Toyota to find the best Toyota.
              30. Oakland Raiders

Jarrad Davis, OLB, Florida: The Raiders have invested several high picks in the front seven and should again if Oakland has a chance to draft an impact linebacker. Davis should win a starting role in training camp as a rookie.
              31. New England Patriots

Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford: Whether used in the backfield or the slot, McCaffrey gives a versatile Patriots offense more options. His run intelligence and athleticism are a combination New England will appreciate more than some other clubs.
              32. Dallas Cowboys

O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama: Future Pro Football Hall of Famer Jason Witten continues to defy the aging process. But regardless of his status, the Cowboys haven't been shy about drafting tight ends early like Martellus Bennett (2008) and Gavin Escobar (2013), who were both second-round picks. And with Escobar in the final year of his contract, Howard would mark the future of the position for the franchise.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• zoom
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Pretty impressed with Jordan Sterns (OK State) as a late round safety. Currently projected at 7rd-FA on CBS sports. But this guy plays way bigger than 6' 1'' and 200. Appears to run ~ 4.5. Seems more SS than FS to me (in this game at least).

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Trenches first three picks, yesssss.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

I like it. I like it a lot.
                      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                      sigpic

Comment

• SDFan
                        Woober Goober
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Dolores, CO
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Im not sure this is Benjamins last year. Unless we plan on cutting him after 2017 and eating 4 million. I think TT probably lets his contract run out realizing that new WRs need time to acclimate to our offense. Even James Jones said it was discouraging how difficult our offense is to pick up. You roll out Williams, Allen and Henry and Benjamin is likely to have wide open opportunities. I think its too early to count him out. If we draft another WR i would love to get a value guy. Like we did with Allen. Like we could have done with Moncrief. If we are going to eat dead money in 2018 its likely going to be Franklin and Barksdale IMO. Maybe Liuget. Lets not forget how overhyped and overvalued WRs get when there isnt a lot of top end talent. If we want to wait on a WR who may drop due to mediocre combine numbers id look long and hard at Corey Davis. Kid is a monster.

Id be taking advantage of this years crops of DBs. There will probably be 10 defensive players taken in the top 15 this draft. Its a much better defensive draft than offensive imo. Im not a fan of the QBs. There is probably 1 WR worthy of a top 15. The RBs will be ranked too high. No OL players.

Shit is Jatavis going to stay healthy 16 games at his size? I love the moneybacker idea but id feel even better if he could handle SS on rush downs and coverage LB on pass plays. Reuben Foster would maul next to Perryman. I know ILB is the last thing we need. But those 3 together intrigues me. Raekwon McMillan is another. These guys are monsters. Id groom Perry at OLB.

Jamal Adams S, Teez Tabor CB, Malik Mcdowell DE, Reuben Foster LB, Tim Williams OLB, Derek Barnett OLB, Marlon Humphries CB, Malik Hooker S, Sidney Jones CB, Adoree Jackson CB, Cordrea Tankersely, Desmond King.

All these guys are really good players. And could help us. I think its a somewhat safe draft for defense in the first round if a lot of the underclassmen come out. Especially if the redshirt sophs come out. This may be the most lopsided defensive/offensive draft in years.

Another guy that is under the radar is Charles Harris DE Missouri. Ive always liked Mizzou pass rushers. I was a huge fan of Marcus Golden despite many saying he couldn't play OLB. Hes done very well in Arizona.

I know we need OL. DL etc. But imo we are competitive with 17 players on the DL. I still think we could play the BPA theory in the draft instead of just reaching for need. And that even includes WR. Because i wouldn't hesitate on Mike Williams. But we could end up with one of the best defenses in the league if we keep building around Bosa. We need to figure out how to get the OL better with it being a weak draft for OL. Do we trade a pick for a guy like Thomas or Joe Staley? Staley has the longer contract and gives us more years. Thomas and Staley are older though so ideally a 3rd rounder would be nice. I think a 2nd would get it done.

We may have to trade for OL if TT feels we need to improve. I was listening to Helton yesterday who used to be Tuerks coach and he said hes never seen such a gifted player who can play all the spots on the OL. I really think Tuerk will be special for us. We just need a LT. Move Dunlap to RT until he gets hurt. Then use Barksdale. Maybe even Franklin. Even with a trade our financial investment on the OL is probably the most in the league.
                        pretty sure there's still a place for Inman too.
                        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• SDFan
                          Woober Goober
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Dolores, CO
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

What would Pumphrey's role be? Replace Woodhead? My viewing sample of him is pretty small- mostly highlight clips on TV Sports segments, but he seems a little small and has a ton of mileage on him with all those carries and yards- so just wondering what kind of NFL future scouts project for him. Local SDSU kid makes good with NFL team is always a great story but what are his chances to be a significant contributor with multi-year NFL career? Just curious...
                          Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

Working...
                          X