• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faded blues
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
    If by some chance Adams is there that's the pick other wise BPA and I am scared of picking Cam Robinson OT Alabama sounds like Fluker coming out of college. Based on yesterday performance OL pick screams out loud with 1st pick.
    Good call.

It would be great if we could get a deforest buckner type pick. A traditional 3-4 end. Gives us freedom to move bosa all over the place.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post
      Good call.

It would be great if we could get a deforest buckner type pick. A traditional 3-4 end. Gives us freedom to move bosa all over the place.
      Malik McDowell will be there if we want him. And watching how Carolina's D line killed us yesterday, it's not a bad pick.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Faded blues
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
        Malik McDowell will be there if we want him. And watching how Carolina's D line killed us yesterday, it's not a bad pick.
        I am more of a football fan then expert but I will give it a shot concerning bosa.

Some dude was on the radio saying that bosa would be much better if we kept him on the outside more and he would also have a longer career if he wasn't banging against linemen all day.

He is almost as good as Merriman was.

Getting a player like McDowell could give bosa the freedom to be all over the place and make him a offensive coordinator nightmare to plan against.

I just don't want to see him bottlenecked into a spot for his career.

Everyone says go safety but the quarterback can't complete a pass If he is cockroached on the ground.

Comment

• JDA21
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I wouldn't mind going Dline either and sculpting a beastly front 7.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Millionaire Pussy View Post
            Looks pretty good to me!! What about Rashard Penny?
            This was Alex's last post. Its been a while. Anyone know if hes ok?

Comment

fender57
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
              This was Alex's last post. Its been a while. Anyone know if hes ok?
              We were wondering in another thread, also wondered about Lightning Will, QSmokey and vinabolt, they all dropped off the map.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                We were wondering in another thread, also wondered about Lightning Will, QSmokey and vinabolt, they all dropped off the map.
                Vina? He was active at least a week ago. Not sure about Smokey. Will quit.

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                  A lot of ugly in that list. The bowls and combine should give us some better definition of the talent available. Certainly some of these guys will be decent pros, but it looks like a crap shoot so far.

Roderick Johnson is a former 5 star with everything you want to see in an OLT except consistent production.
                  and good technique

Comment

• UtahBolt
                    Did we win?
                    • Jun 2013
                    • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                    • Send PM

I see Q on FB a lot so he is still out there and kicking. Seems to me he is concentrating on his post-retirement plans.
                    I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by CTrout View Post
                      We currently have the 8th pick.
                      Draft position is #10, per:

I think #8 is based on a projected SOS. Chargers will probably have a higher SOS due to the games vs. the AFCW, than other teams with the same record.
                      Last edited by Bolt-O; 12-13-2016, 03:25 PM.

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
                        If by some chance Adams is there that's the pick other wise BPA and I am scared of picking Cam Robinson OT Alabama sounds like Fluker coming out of college. Based on yesterday performance OL pick screams out loud with 1st pick.
                        Robinson is a different kind of athlete then Fluker. Robinson has much quicker feet and is a better when he sets deep in pass protection. But he doesn't have the hand punch and while he can play with leverage, he is not as powerful as Fluker.

I just think he is pretty raw for a top OL pick in the draft. He could be a great pick down the road, but it may be a year or two down the road before he is playing really well.

The same goes for most of the top OT prospects. Good, if not better athletes than we have had on our OL in recent memory, but raw.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Rookie class making an impact for Chargers

Chargers defensive end Joey Bosa has been a force as a rookie. Tom Walko/Icon Sportswire

Dec 13, 2016
                          Eric D. Williams
                          ESPN Staff Writer
                          SAN DIEGO -- All but one of this year’s eight draft picks made the initial 53-man roster for the San Diego Chargers out of training camp, and seventh-round selection guard Donavon Clark was expected to make the team before suffering a torn ACL in a preseason game against Arizona. Not only did they make the roster, but players such as defensive end Joey Bosa, tight end Hunter Henry, fullback Derek Watt and inside linebackers Jatavis Brown and Joshua Perry have been impact players on game days for the Chargers.

ROUND/PICK NAME POS COLLEGE
                          1/3 Joey Bosa DE Ohio State
                          2/35 Hunter Henry TE Arkansas
                          3/66 Max Tuerk C Southern Cal
                          4/102 Joshua Perry ILB Ohio State
                          5/175 Jatavis Brown OLB Akron
                          6/179 Drew Kaser P Texas A&M
                          6/198 Derek Watt FB Wisconsin
                          7/224 Donavon Clark G Michigan State
                          Grade: A-minus

Best rookie: Selected No. 3 overall, Bosa was a surprise pick by the Chargers. He sat out the first month of training camp because of a contract dispute about offset language and deferred signing-bonus money, which led to the Ohio State product missing the first four games of the regular season with a lingering hamstring issue. But since he’s taken the field, Bosa has been productive, with 6.5 sacks in nine games. Bosa also has been a key contributor to San Diego’s stout run defense. Though Bosa came on late, Henry was the guy early on. A solid run blocker, Henry has six touchdowns and 398 receiving yards. He looks like the future replacement for 14-year veteran Antonio Gates.

Most improved rookie: Brown did not practice much during training camp because of an ankle injury, but flourished when placed in the starting lineup in Week 5 after Manti Te'o was lost for the season with an Achilles injury. Brown is third on the team in tackles and shows promise with his ability to chase down ball carriers and take the football away. But the Akron product missed four games during the regular season with a knee injury and has to figure out how to stay on the field and out of the training room.

Most disappointing rookie: Max Tuerk was selected in the third round as San Diego’s center of the future but has not been active on game day this season. Tuerk suffered an ACL injury in his right knee during his final season at USC a little over a year ago, so the Chargers are treating 2016 as a redshirt season for the rookie.

The jury is still out on... Drew Kaser: A sixth-round selection, Kaser has the physical tools to be a productive punter, but has to develop consistency. The Texas A&M product has had some short punts at critical times during the season that flipped field position late in games. He also flubbed a hold that led to a missed field goal against Oakland. But Kaser has a strong leg and should develop into a player who can be effective.

Undrafted rookie check-in: Once again, the Chargers did a nice job of finding some diamonds in the rough. Spencer Pulley, out of Vanderbilt, serves as a backup at guard and center and could be in the conversation for a starting job next season. Penn State product Trevor Williams has been used effectively as a nickel cornerback and special teams player. Houston product Kenneth Farrow serves as a reliable backup for starting running back Melvin Gordon and will get longer look due to the Wisconsin product suffering hip and knee injuries last week. And outside linebacker Chris Landrum out of Jacksonville State has earned a role in San Diego's rotation of edge rushers.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X